Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I don’t think we can or should stand in Dill’s way. I rate him very highly, so don’t want to lose him but more so I don’t want him sold until we can have some confidence any transfer fee received will stay in the club.

That being said, Amos was excellent for us when he was our first choice in League One, and I wouldn’t be at all concerned about how we’d cope without Dills because we have such a capable replacement already at the club. The club does need the money so it doesn’t make sense to let Dills go for free next summer if we can get a fee now. 
    Didn't Amos end up at Millwall before coming back to us & he couldn't get in their team?
    Yes but what’s that got to do with anything?
    How about the fact that you consider him such a capable replacement for Dillon when he hasn't played a competitive match for almost 2 years ? Maybe he would be a decent replacement but after two years on the bench who knows ?
  • Options

• Options
    I can understand us selling him, but ideally we don't need any money coming in before TS is in charge.
  • Options
    Who authorises sales at the moment, Gallen is party to players sales and bought, but surely someone else has to give the go ahead?
  • Options
    Could selling Phillips give us movement to sign Matthews? Not sure how it works. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Who authorises sales at the moment, Gallen is party to players sales and bought, but surely someone else has to give the go ahead?
    I’ll volunteer..............therefore Dillon ain’t going anywhere.
  • Options
    Birmingham. Jesus. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Morgan and Stephenson at Bromley Addicks a year or so back were asked about team morale.  They picked Pratley and Phillips as the two who made a big impact.  

Losing Dillon doesn't just leave a goalkeeping hole to fill.

Sad to see him go but understand it; he waited a long time (too long) for his chance and grabbed it with both hands.  

Relegated teams always lose their best players so no surprise but I hope we are taken over before he goes so we have a chance to spend the money - even if just on stadium/training ground improvements if salary caps make additional players impossible.

My only ask is that before Dills goes that he replies to the letter my 7 yr old boy sent 3 months ago, Dills is his fav player and he was gutted when he never got a response (we sent it to The Valley in lockdown so he probs never received it to be fair to him).
    Is it worth messaging Tracey Leaburn on twitter and asking her if she can do something with Dillon for your boy? 
    Only just seen this. Good thought but don't do Twitter.  I dabbled briefly but there are just too many nasty folk on there.

Morgan and Stephenson at Bromley Addicks a year or so back were asked about team morale.  They picked Pratley and Phillips as the two who made a big impact.  

Sad to see him go but understand it; he waited a long time (too long) for his chance and grabbed it with both hands.  

Relegated teams always lose their best players so no surprise but I hope we are taken over before he goes so we have a chance to spend the money - even if just on stadium/training ground improvements if salary caps make additional players impossible.

My only ask is that before Dills goes that he replies to the letter my 7 yr old boy sent 3 months ago, Dills is his fav player and he was gutted when he never got a response (we sent it to The Valley in lockdown so he probs never received it to be fair to him).
    Dillon is a top man .
    He went out of his way when I had a day (won through CACT auction) with a couple of my boys at the training ground around Easter last year .
    Keith Peacock was our host and Dillon called us over for a kick about and a few shots , I told him to seriously try and save my penalty gave him the eyes and rolled it in the other corner , he was broken .

Dodgy keeper .... he gave us a pair of signed gloves and if you have no response from the club I’m happy to send them to you for your boy , let me know .
    That is an amazingly kind offer and I will DM you.
  • Options

Is it worth messaging Tracey Leaburn on twitter and asking her if she can do something with Dillon for your boy? 
    Only just seen this. Good about but don't do Twitter.  I dabbled briefly but there are just too many nasty folk on there.

Dillon is a top man .
    He went out of his way when I had a day (won through CACT auction) with a couple of my boys at the training ground around Easter last year .
    Keith Peacock was our host and Dillon called us over for a kick about and a few shots , I told him to seriously try and save my penalty gave him the eyes and rolled it in the other corner , he was broken .

Dodgy keeper .... he gave us a pair of signed gloves and if you have no response from the club I’m happy to send them to you for your boy , let me know .
    That is an amazingly kind offer and I will DM you.
    Message @Tracey on here... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way will  Dillon leave us for Birmingham. If he leaves us, it'll be for a much better club
  • Options
    No way will  Dillon leave us for Birmingham. If he leaves us, it'll be for a much better club
    TS's red and white army  :)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I am not sure that there is anyone that can authorise a sale and would expect Steve and Bows to bat any enquires away with a ‘he is not for sale’. Who else is there?
    With this embargo selling players is stupid. Nemer will have no interest in messing up the deal he has done to sell, TS will want to keep all that is good.
    Phillips is part of the new journey, we want him to stay, Bows wants him to stay, TS will want him to stay, I suspect Phillips would like to stay.
    His agent would like him to move.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I am not sure that there is anyone that can authorise a sale and would expect Steve and Bows to bat any enquires away with a ‘he is not for sale’. Who else is there?
    With this embargo selling players is stupid. Nemer will have no interest in messing up the deal he has done to sell, TS will want to keep all that is good.
    Phillips is part of the new journey, we want him to stay, Bows wants him to stay, TS will want him to stay, I suspect Phillips would like to stay.
    His agent would like him to move.
    Even if TS took over, that's one position where in normal circumstances it could make sense to cash in, like we did with the sale of Rob Elliott which helped pay for the Powell title winning side.

One option if Dillon doesn't want to play in L1 but would be keen on the TS "project" would be to give Dillon a big new contract but then loan him to a Championship side for the season, with them picking up his wages
  • Options
    Brum? That's ridiculous....
  • Options
    Is it any more ridiculous than Taylor to Forest though?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I’d have to say yes, absolutely. Money often talks, but hope he stays on.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Absolutely, Phillips could walk in to a Premier squad.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Forest just missed the playoffs. Birmingham just missed relegation
  • Options
    We could be a better prospect then Birmingham if we get taken over and manage to bounce back. 

I also think he will give himself a better chance of a bigger move if he stays another season and performs well for us. 

Jordan Cousins was in a similar situation could of stepped up to Premier League but went to QPR on a 3 year deal had couple of bad injuries and didn't play particularly well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AddickRam said:
    We could be a better prospect then Birmingham if we get taken over and manage to bounce back. 

I also think he will give himself a better chance of a bigger move if he stays another season and performs well for us. 

Jordan Cousins was in a similar situation could of stepped up to Premier League but went to QPR on a 3 year deal had couple of bad injuries and didn't play particularly well.
    Prem clubs wanted Cousins? Do you mean in the summer he went to QPR or before then?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    PopIcon said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I like Dillon a lot but he really wouldn’t 
    I think he would - I just very much doubt he would be a starter though. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    With how highly rated most of our players and management are by some of our fans , how the hell did we go down 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    PopIcon said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I like Dillon a lot but he really wouldn’t 
    Squad? He possibly could. He has some things he can improve on but so does De Gea.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    if joe hart can be number 2 at spurs....

thing with keepers is its different to being a 2nd choice defender as you do not get any games. 
  • Options

thing with keepers is its different to being a 2nd choice defender as you do not get any games. 
    I'd far rather have Dillon in goal than Joe Hart who seems to make a lot of mistakes. Once keepers lose their confidence they rarely get it back.
  • Options

I'd far rather have Dillon in goal than Joe Hart who seems to make a lot of mistakes. Once keepers lose their confidence they rarely get it back.
    Think that's been vital for Dillon's career. If we had lost the play off final who knows how he would have recovered. I think he was very fortunate we went to win and didn't have the guilt hanging over him.