Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

Did you know ...... at Charlton, Karl Robinson won more games than he lost?

Well, just the one more game. :smile:

(W27 D21 L26)

Better win percentage than Bowyer...
    lol ..... then perhaps we shouldn't judge Bowyer until after 74 games?

• Options
    KR was useless at Charlton - never understood why some stood up for him? We had a half decent squad yet by the time he left the football was becoming unwatchable. Predictable and boring style of play with no attacking threat.

Doing even worse at Oxford than I expected.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

(W27 D21 L26)

• Options
    shirty5 said:

se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

(W27 D21 L26)

I still think KR is the worst manager under RD's reign - had a half decent squad by L1 standards yet got us playing some truly awful football. Fraeye's failure was at a higher level.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

(W27 D21 L26)

I still think KR is the worst manager under RD's reign - had a half decent squad by L1 standards yet got us playing some truly awful football. Fraeye's failure was at a higher level.
    I believe that the key to being a good manager, is to work together with a good assistant manager.

Who did Karl Robinson have with him last season? ...... oops, sorry Lee. :smile:
  • Options
    Bowyer has faced off against much harder opposition than Robinson in my opinion

Wins have come against: Shrewsbury (twice) | Blackburn | Rotherham | Plymouth | Portsmouth
    Defeats have come against: AFC Wimbledon | Rochdale (both fighting for their lives) | Shrewsbury (twice) | Sunderland | Scunthorpe

Funnily the only "easy" game we've won under Bowyer was against Northampton
  • Options
    Be interesting to see Robinson’s win percentage between August last year and March when he left us.
    Bet that’s nowhere near acceptable for a squad that we had available.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

(W27 D21 L26)

No way is Robinson as bad as Fraeye, nor Slade in my opinion. We are certainly better off without him and we got massively find out, but he made some good signings which he deserves credit for.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    cabbles said:

He’s gonna struggle to get another semi decent job now. Felt he landed on his feet at Oxford and I think he’s still based in the MK area so it was a good job for him family wise

He’s a clown. I’m not as anti him as some of you are because I think deep down he just wants to be accepted and liked and I think a lot of that stems from the fact he had a bit of non playing career in non league and I think he feels he has to prove a point.

He’s also still only 37 and has been a full time manager for 6 years or so from a young age. He’s only a year older than me and I think of some of the juvenile shit I still come out with. Not saying that’s an excuse, but football management is a proper pressured environment and I think the whole MK Dons thing was the only club he could ever have got a full time gig with, given their background

Just hope he learns from this now and maybe curbs all the flannel in his next job, but I very much see him having to go back down to the lower/non leagues to come back up again. Could maybe even do with a stint as a coach/assistant manager to someone more experienced

You write as though he has already gone! Patience...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

cabbles said:

He’s gonna struggle to get another semi decent job now. Felt he landed on his feet at Oxford and I think he’s still based in the MK area so it was a good job for him family wise

He’s a clown. I’m not as anti him as some of you are because I think deep down he just wants to be accepted and liked and I think a lot of that stems from the fact he had a bit of non playing career in non league and I think he feels he has to prove a point.

He’s also still only 37 and has been a full time manager for 6 years or so from a young age. He’s only a year older than me and I think of some of the juvenile shit I still come out with. Not saying that’s an excuse, but football management is a proper pressured environment and I think the whole MK Dons thing was the only club he could ever have got a full time gig with, given their background

Just hope he learns from this now and maybe curbs all the flannel in his next job, but I very much see him having to go back down to the lower/non leagues to come back up again. Could maybe even do with a stint as a coach/assistant manager to someone more experienced

You write as though he has already gone!
    @Viewfinder If you read a few pages back - there is lots of speculation and tweets that say he has!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Will be interesting to see where he is at 50.

Shame it didn't work out as I found him a very likeable bloke. Personality doesn't win points though otherwise I'd be managing champions league football each season if it did.
  • Options
    Yeah but no actual confirmation.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

KR was useless at Charlton - never understood why some stood up for him? We had a half decent squad yet by the time he left the football was becoming unwatchable. Predictable and boring style of play with no attacking threat.

Doing even worse at Oxford than I expected.

He did well at first, changing the style from Slade's turgid nonsense, but then lost it in Nov/Dec. Never recovered. And his inability to adapt or change formations marked him down as someone with limited talent, or lacking experience.
    I never saw the interview where he 'praised' Meire and the owner. But I doubt he knew much about the situation, and Bowyer has said similar apparently. It's a red herring. No one cares that much so long as you (just) keep winning (matches).
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

cabbles said:

If you read a few pages back - there is lots of speculation and tweets that say he has!
    Sure, I've been following all this closely - but I think we established that the tweets came from a 12-year-old kid fantasising in his bedroom. Give it time, though: a few more hapless defeats...

• Options
    cafc-west said:

cabbles said:

If you read a few pages back - there is lots of speculation and tweets that say he has!
    Lots??
    There was 2 tweets

1st from a so called journalist, who has never tweeted about a "story" before and just retweets famous people(also said an announcement woyod be made monday, if he has walked why would they wait to announce it)

2nd was from a randon person who said there friend works in the ticket office and said after the game he walked(oxford were in Portsmouth yesterday, how would someone from the ticket office find out)
  • Options
    WSS said:

If managers or players “don’t know the situation” before joining us then I assume they don’t care who they are working or playing for and just want the money.

It’s not hard to find out.

All managers just want the money, to an extent. Do you think any out of work managers would turn down the Charlton job because Roland is a tw...? They don't see it from the fans perspective first.
  • Options
    Um Chris Wilder?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KR = useless twat. Top brown noser though
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

WSS said:

If managers or players “don’t know the situation” before joining us then I assume they don’t care who they are working or playing for and just want the money.

All managers just want the money, to an extent. Do you think any out of work managers would turn down the Charlton job because Roland is a tw...? They don't see it from the fans perspective first.
    Beyond the money, certain managers would relish the challenge of reviving a club that had fallen from Prem to third tier in ten years. Professional pride, and all that. Robinson talked enthusiastically about the task, but don't forget that he engineered his own departure: he did a runner when the play-offs looked unlikely.

I thought he was an unambitious appointment, considering he had relegated MK Dons below us. His rigid adherence to a lone striker resulted in dull, negative football.

• Options
    WSS said:

I was at the Bromley meeting last November where KR & LB were the guests. KR pointedly gave his reasons for joining us - namely it was a toss up between us & one other (unnamed) club and upon talking to his daughter about it he showed her a picture of both stadiums........she said it was a no brainer. Looks like we have our ground to blame for our woes then......

As for said Bromley meeting. He came over as a nice bloke & said a lot of good stuff....ending with a rousing speech. However, talk is cheap (and boy does he like to talk) and actions speak loader. Give me the squad he had last season & I could have got us into the top 6.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

WSS said:

Chris Wilder. It's not about the fan's perspective, it's about actually having some pride in your job.
    Wilder had an alternative job of equal or higher level. With his home town club, the club he supported as a boy.

If the only other job available for Wilder was say Exeter or Carlisle, he would have chosen us
  • Options

Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

WSS said:

Chris Wilder. It's not about the fan's perspective, it's about actually having some pride in your job.
    Wilder had an alternative job of equal or higher level. With his home town club, the club he supported as a boy.

If the only other job available for Wilder was say Exeter or Carlisle, he would have chosen us
    According to Roland, Wilder didn't join us because he was threatened by fans. #rolandbollox
  • Options

shirty5 said:

se9addick said:

Oggy Red said:

(W27 D21 L26)

No way is Robinson as bad as Fraeye, nor Slade in my opinion. We are certainly better off without him and we got massively find out, but he made some good signings which he deserves credit for.
    The football under KR was almost completely unwatchable - given the squad we had and the fact we were in L1 there is no excuse for this. If the best you can think of to defend him is that he made a couple of okay signing then it says it all really.

The man is an utter chancer who spouts garbage.
    You’re getting a bit carried away with all due respect.
  • Options
    I thought KR was an excellent choice to manage us and sure he would bring us success, then he started bringing in about 10 wingers and managing us for real games, I then knew it was more hope than actual. He was useless, just like all the other managers RD appoints (Bowyer will decide out later, but to be fair, he was only appointed until the takeover was completed and not intended to be full time)