Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    This is where it started

Looking at there profile he claims to be a jounalist, but has never tweeted about a story before, only retweets famous peoples tweets, and if the PP is him he is about 16 haha
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I rest my case, being pedantic.

Better than Slade for sure. Just not sure his failure was worthy of all these slightly vitriolic threads. Seemed a decent enough bloke, seemed to like the club. I wouldn't wish the sack on anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Nug said:

When he left here all the CAFC fans were making comments about being glad he was going.

All the Oxford fans took that as us being bitter and jelous.

I think they can finally see we wasnt bitter or jelous we were just happy he was gone

There were plenty of Charlton fans lauding his abilities for quite some time, “best football ever” I remember hearing regularly on here.
    Literally no one said that mate.
    Okay thanks for setting me straight.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

There were a lot of comments stating we were playing the best football for years.

yes, there were.......but only in Aug & Sept....by October things started to unravel & didnt win a game in November. Started losing games by not changing things with 15 mins to go. LB following in his footsteps ??
  • Options
    There were fans sticking up for him even at the end when it was clear to all he was a bluff and our season was dying on its arse .
    I loved his enthusiasm but he didn’t have a scooby
  • Options

I liked him for a while I have to admit but the bullshit and the odd tactics finally got me. Now I can’t stop laughing. We dodged a bullet there folks.

We didn't really dodge the bullet though, we could have been promoted comfortably last season with a decent manager. The players showed they were good enough, but Bowyer's inexperience couldn't carry them over the line.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

There were a lot of comments stating we were playing the best football for years.

Correct.

I joked with a much respected poster on here about this comment.

• Options
    I have a very low opinion of Robinson as a manager but he’s doing even worse that I expected at Oxford!
  • Options
    I didn't mind Robinson BUT his tactics were worked our by the opponents, and once that happened we inevitably became less competitive
  • Options
    Fans judge managers on results.
    Chairmen judge managers on results.
    If Robinson had continued to get positive results we would've put up with him being a gobby verbose lard arse scallywag.
  • Options
    He was let down by his inflexibility to change things around

Didnt mind him being confident or spouting bollox now and then but results didn’t back it up.

I said at the time we had a top 4 squad but a top 12 manager.
  • Options
    The weird thing is that there seems to be no honeymoon period - his start at Oxford looks and feels like the end of his time with us in terms of team toothless team performance and desperate press conferences that blame injury. Perhaps he only kept his head above water with us as long as he did because we had fairly good players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

I rest my case, being pedantic.

Better than Slade for sure. Just not sure his failure was worthy of all these slightly vitriolic threads. Seemed a decent enough bloke, seemed to like the club. I wouldn't wish the sack on anyone.

He defended Katrien and Roland in his first interview, and then told protesting fans they were wrong and needed to back them. He then proceeded to chase Reeves for a fucking eternity and leave us short elsewhere on the pitch. Then he wasted a huge league one wage bill by playing a dogshit system that had us sitting in midtable in a pub league and Gillingham doing the double over us. On top of all this, nothing was ever his fault. Constant blame for the players (that he picked).

In normal life, I agree with you, I don't wish the sack on anyone. But I never wanted KR at Charlton, I never bought into his bollocks, and I was over the moon when he went. He's a charlatan who is now getting properly found out.
    It's called Karma.
  • Options

Fans judge managers on results.
    Chairmen judge managers on results.
    If Robinson had continued to get positive results we would've put up with him being a gobby verbose lard arse scallywag.

very true but he didn't get positive results, that was the point.

"just win games" as someone said, frequently on these pages.
  • Options
    One dimensional tactics

One interview style

One braincell

Unfortunately one size doesn’t fit all.
  • Options
    Only problem is we now have no one to sell Reeves to in January!!
  • Options
    No confirmation of him leaving yet. Think it’s a wind up.
  • Options

Did you know ...... at Charlton, Karl Robinson won more games than he lost?

Well, just the one more game. :smile:

(W27 D21 L26)

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Did you know ...... at Charlton, Karl Robinson won more games than he lost?

Well, just the one more game. :smile:

(W27 D21 L26)

Better win percentage than Bowyer...