Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    We have scored 17 goals in our last 18 matches. Even Palace have scored 22 in their last 18.
  • Options

Chizz said:
    To be fair, I’ve often wondered how Charlton seem to make scoring from a corner so difficult, and now I know, lots of practice...
    Studies looking at years worth of corner kicks overwhelming show that they work so rarely that more goals could be scored simply by passing to the nearest player and attacking from there.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Good chances being the key word there. Robinson looks at the shot count and almost every game says we weren't clinical enough. How many chances do we really get where you think the player shouldn't miss?

According to someone on the Facebook group Robinson offered to resign during the week.

Who did he offer it to?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not backing Doucher up... I have also been told by a journalist works for another club - not on here that the talk about Robbo to Oxford is coming from both Oxford sources and Robbo's agent.

Could have some legs in it.

Tomorrow would be a day too soon
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not backing Doucher up... I have also been told by a journalist works for another club - not on here that the talk about Robbo to Oxford is coming from both Oxford sources and Robbo's agent.

Do you mean wouldn't be a day too soon or do you feel he has to stay another day?
  • Options

Chizz said:
    To be fair, I’ve often wondered how Charlton seem to make scoring from a corner so difficult, and now I know, lots of practice...
    Studies looking at years worth of corner kicks overwhelming show that they work so rarely that more goals could be scored simply by passing to the nearest player and attacking from there.
    I assume the study focused solely on Charlton Athletic's corners.
  • Options
    I have no reputation. At least as far as I know! Other than the fact I used to be a bit of a slow runner :lol: #goldenslug
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Do you mean wouldn't be a day too soon or do you feel he has to stay another day?
    You tell me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So, Monday then?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So, Monday then?
    Maybe
  • Options

Sage said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

I genuinely think 3-5-2 could be the answer.

Problem would be who can be the attacking full backs and holding player from the 5?

The 2 would have to be Zyro and Ajose - Feed the Ajose and he will score...

I think Marshall would be worth a punt on the right - defensively he looks ok to me. But you don't have any options other than Sarr on the left unless you put a kid in. I honestly don't know if we have any that are ready.

The only way I can genuinely see 3-5-2 working right now with the players we have available would be this:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Dijksteel Forster-Caskey Aribo
    Reeves
    Magennis Ajose

But that leaves out Fosu who is possibly our most influential fit player right now. It means Aribo would be asked to do a left wing back position but I think he would get caught out a lot. Dijksteel would be the one who would just have to sit and protect the defence as much as possible.

Without Page or Dasilva, we look extremely vulnerable on that left side.
    Why not play Fosu instead of Reeves?
    Good reply and question. - but for the only fact that Reeves will be able to pick out Ajose’s runs far better than Fosu. And with two strikers to occupy the defence of the opposition, this would allow Reeves to have more space to exploit and be creative. But at the same time that could allow Fosu to drive at the defence.
    And Fosu is our best player. What we need to do is play Ajose off Magennis Zyro - He has pace and needs to time his runs for knocked on balls.
    Sorted.

• Options
    Just had a quick trawl around the Oxford forums and there’s nothing there to suggest Robinson is even being considered.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So, Monday then?
    Maybe Mark, Maybe
    Any reason you're using people's real names?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

shirty5 said:

Dazzler21 said:

You tell me Gordon.
    Journo I asked if he had heard anything about Robbo joining Oxford and he said - I quote
    "There has been a lot of agent talk and noise coming out of Oxford, not heard anything concrete though."

Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour has at least an essence of truth in it, also wouldn't be surprised if it comes to nothing. As most rumours around our club seem to these days!

*Edit* I assumed that he was referring to Robinson's agent on reading it again could be incorrect.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Chizz said:
    Our small team doesn't have enough players that really threaten from set pieces. Even taller players like Konsa and Aribo aren't strong in the air.
    We rarely score from corners; why not? A couple of thoughts:

1) A corner should always clear their 1st man, if it's intended as long/far post.

2) Where's our movement and strategies?
    Example: Ball to the near post, header flicked on across the goalmouth, the late runner storms in at the back post unmarked.
    Wrongfoots defenders every time. We never see Charlton do anything like it these days.

An occasional short corner, to a tricky ball player to drive into the box and draw defenders to him to create space in the box and cause
    defensive panic - hey, might even win a rare penalty.

Or driven low into a crowded box, often very difficult to defend, resulting in ricochets and loose balls.
    Again defenders wrongfooted.

A bit of variety keeps the oppo guessing. It often seems that Bauer's physical presence is the only tactic we have.
    My God, I sound like Viewfinder :smile:

We did that loads, only not deliberately.
    We need someone on the near post for every corner, to flick on anything underhit. Been saying it all season, Karl.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    se9addick said:

Chizz said:
    I assume the study focused solely on Charlton Athletic's corners.
    No that would be to monitor the effects of passing to a the nearest defender and starting from there.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    edited
  • Options
    Thought I heard somewhere that Sven was taking the Oxford job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More Facebook rumours - apparently Robinson wants out and has been applying for other jobs.
  • Options
    Robinson knows he is out as soon as Duchatelet goes and if Duchatelet can't find a buyer, who would want in? I blame Robbo for being too stuck in his ways but I don't blame him for looking for the escape hatch. I am getting to the point where I think we should still try to annoy Duchatelet after he sells, he is a complete and utter something that I am not allowed to say on here!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I see Robinson has been to the Roger Johnson school of fan engagement.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Good chances being the key word there. Robinson looks at the shot count and almost every game says we weren't clinical enough. How many chances do we really get where you think the player shouldn't miss?

According to someone on the Facebook group Robinson offered to resign during the week.

Who did he offer it to?
    The tea lady.
  • Options

I feel sorry for any club that gets him - He's like a lower league Alan Pardew.

More like Mike Bassett imo.