Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options

cafckev said:

I have been worried about him since the post match interview last season where he was almost in tears saying he didn't know what to do. He admitted he had run out of ideas. Not the best thing for a manager to admit!

Which game was that he was nearly in tears?
    I think it was the game where the pies weren’t delivered in time.
    Must be Oxford away this season as they had no pies till half time.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

Never rated him from the off couldn't stand his post match interviews with the Franchise and the chickens are coming home to roost. Talks the talk but can't walk the walk, has never played the game at senior level which he's very conscious of, by having surrounded himself with ex pros.

Personally I don't see that it matters much if they've played the game at a high level. Plenty of very good coaches/managers haven't. And also doesn't your second point contradict your first? Seems you'd have a problem if he didn't have ex pros as coaches?
    I never said high level, I said senior level ie as a full time professional in the top four divisions which is a different definition so we're not talking about the same thing. As for my second point I have no problem with him surrounding himself with ex pros and I would probably do the same but it's down to him with the final decisions on tactics and team selection and he doesn't have his own depth of playing experience to call upon. Hope that clarifies things.
    Not really sure it makes much difference what level they've played at. Nice to see you've backtracked on the second point.
    Ha ha, I haven't backtracked at all, you misinterpreted where I was coming from and drew the wrong conclusion and you've just done it again. I can't help you with that.

You of course are entitled to your opinion as I am mine and we are clearly at odds here. KR has no pedigree which added to his other shortcomings like it or not, is why he's on burrowed time takeover or not. Others like Lenny or the Cowley brothers at Lincoln have other attributes to balance out their managerial capabilities. Just out of interest reel me off some managers that have been really successful (winning silverware) and have never played at a senior level.
    Jose
    Yeh nice one, silverware not silver hair mate, remind how that turned out after he had managed to keep us up with Powell's squad, Damien Matthew, Alex Dyer and Ben Roberts to guide him :wink:
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Brian McDermott slightly ahead of Karl as favourite for Oxford. I remember wanting McDermott after Peeters left.

Robinson 1/2 Fav
    McDermott 6/1 2nd Fav
  • Options
    Be afraid Oxford
    Be very afraid
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

Never rated him from the off couldn't stand his post match interviews with the Franchise and the chickens are coming home to roost. Talks the talk but can't walk the walk, has never played the game at senior level which he's very conscious of, by having surrounded himself with ex pros.

Personally I don't see that it matters much if they've played the game at a high level. Plenty of very good coaches/managers haven't. And also doesn't your second point contradict your first? Seems you'd have a problem if he didn't have ex pros as coaches?
    I never said high level, I said senior level ie as a full time professional in the top four divisions which is a different definition so we're not talking about the same thing. As for my second point I have no problem with him surrounding himself with ex pros and I would probably do the same but it's down to him with the final decisions on tactics and team selection and he doesn't have his own depth of playing experience to call upon. Hope that clarifies things.
    Not really sure it makes much difference what level they've played at. Nice to see you've backtracked on the second point.
    Ha ha, I haven't backtracked at all, you misinterpreted where I was coming from and drew the wrong conclusion and you've just done it again. I can't help you with that.

You of course are entitled to your opinion as I am mine and we are clearly at odds here. KR has no pedigree which added to his other shortcomings like it or not, is why he's on burrowed time takeover or not. Others like Lenny or the Cowley brothers at Lincoln have other attributes to balance out their managerial capabilities. Just out of interest reel me off some managers that have been really successful (winning silverware) and have never played at a senior level.
    Jose
    Yeh nice one, silverware not silver hair mate, remind how that turned out after he had managed to keep us up with Powell's squad, Damien Matthew, Alex Dyer and Ben Roberts to guide him :wink:
    Im talking about the one at man u chaser
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

Jose
    Im talking about the one at man u chaser
    Ah ok, I'll give you that one :+1:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

colthe3rd said:

RedChaser said:

But that's the point, I'm not defending the guy, just pointing out that a lack of playing football isn't necessarily the cause of his shortcomings it's quite possibly just a coincidence in the same way Mourinho, Wenger or Saachi didn't.
  • Options
    Taxi for Robinson, and new owners please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing to see here, he’s here until Roland’s gone. Fact.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Nothing to see here, he’s here until Roland’s gone. Fact.

Unfortunately this is the case. He should be sacked but there's no one at the club with the authority to do so, and I doubt Roland even knows what the result was yesterday.
  • Options

cafckev said:

I have been worried about him since the post match interview last season where he was almost in tears saying he didn't know what to do. He admitted he had run out of ideas. Not the best thing for a manager to admit!

Run out of ideas ? He's only got one idea.
    Yet the football was the best in years early in the season..........
  • Options

cafckev said:

It was until he got found out by his peers and injuries kicked in.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Shame so many missing the point here. Until a new regime takes over and the (or 'a') manager has a chance to actually buy the right players and build a proper team/squad, sacking endless managers is absolutely pointless.

Never stopped many (not you) who are using that argument now calling for Slade and Powell to be sacked
  • Options

cafckev said:

Fair cop guv. But it was for 10 or so games, until everyone realised he only had 1 idea/plan.
  • Options
    I think he's a poor and inflexible manager, but what particularly irritates me is the way he behaves on those rare occasions when we win. He acts like we've won the FA Cup. We've just won a match against a poor team in League One, ffs. It makes me cringe and it's just not the Charlton way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafckev said:

Fair cop guv. But it was for 10 or so games, until everyone realised he only had 1 idea/plan.
    It takes a lot for me to disagree with you, sorry for the sarcastic post.
  • Options
    They have been shocking every time I have been this season.
  • Options

cafckev said:

Don't be, it was a more than fair/valid comment.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Blimey Elfs an admission of sarcasm and an apology in the same sentence, where did you get your birthday cake, Amsterdam? :wink:
  • Options

cafckev said:

Don't be, it was a more than fair/valid comment.
    F*** ya then. You deserved it!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

They have been shocking every time I have been this season.

Unfortunately, we were worse than that yesterday.

I think the players know his one and only system doesn't work for them and never will and are possibly sick to the back teeth of having listen to the rubbish he comes out with.

They are not "playing for him" at the moment either.
    It's all a total mess.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I think he's a poor and inflexible manager, but what particularly irritates me is the way he behaves on those rare occasions when we win. He acts like we've won the FA Cup. We've just won a match against a poor team in League One, ffs. It makes me cringe and it's just not the Charlton way.

We all do, to be fair.
    And we have to get our heads round the fact that we are, at the moment, a League One club, playing other clubs who might be smaller than us from a historical perspective, but who aren’t far off our level in footballing terms. Thanks to Lord Duchâtelet.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

He plays people out of position just to suit his formation. Aribo isn't a number 10, his star signing Reeves is but he hardly plays. He persists playing Magennis who isn't a striker who can play on his own. In a 4231 the full back are the most exposed in this formation, Da Silva can cope with this but clearly Solly can't. We have the players that should be doing so much better.

Nailed it.
  • Options
    At least when KR goes we'll be spared his moronic post match interviews when he talks fluent bollocks. Our most irritating manager since 'Super' Alan Pardew.