Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What must Slade be thinking?

2»

Comments

• Thank Christ I can eat at home on a Saturday and won't have to fight the Perks for the last egg rolls.
  • Easy money
  • edited November 2016
    He got a bit of colour back in his cheeks and lost a bit of timber. Loosing his job has turned him in to a new man

imageimage
  • He had the players and a half decent squad and many brought in by himself.If he had been just a bit more adventurous we would be pissin this league by now.Onwards and Upwards.COYR

He's probably thinking he shouldn't have been so negative with team selection and substitutions. Or at least he should be.
  • Maybe Cardiff had the right idea when they decided to send him upstairs.

Clearly he did a god job when he came in during the summer, and sorted out much of the behind the scenes rubbish left behind after last year's shambles, but didn't seem very dynamic or positive in terms of his team tactics.
  • Where were my balls?

Eunuchs don't have any.
  • I didn't want him before he was appointed then I decided that as we had him I should try harder to like him. Much of what he said was encouraging. The changes behind the scenes were obviously necessary and will, probably, help us moving forward. The issues with the treatment of the injured players was frightening. I suspect this is because the Head Coach wasn't responsible for it and as KM had never been a player or worked in a football club it was missed. This is probably one of the reasons we have had excessive injury problems over the last few seasons.

For me, though, I think he lost total support when he lost his temper with Louis and had a rant about how patient he (or they) had been. I know that he was under pressure, but that's why he earns the money he was on and it is to be expected that journalists would ask questions when he says he needs five players and then he signed just two (or what ever the numbers were).

The negative football was undesirable but I was not convinced that we could do any better and Slade had been a manager for years and saw the players in training - how was I supposed to know if they could achieve much more.

With all that in mind I suspect that what he's thinking now is something along the lines of wondering if he is ever going to get as big a job as Cardiff or Charlton again. He clearly didn't impress in the Championship; he clearly had a bit of money to spend with us and ended up with a badly unbalanced squad; if we fall away he might be vindicated but if we end up finishing in the top six and if our results continue to impress (likely as they were turning the corner before he left) then he might have to be content with a lower 3rd division side or a 4th division side. He might even be out of the game for long enough now that his managerial career is finished.

I suspect that is what he is thinking just now!
  • They appointed Slade - I said he was a negative manager before he was appointed - Surely if I knew that, they could have done their homework on him.

Yes, but it's possible to be negative and successful. Mouhrino ?
  • edited November 2016
    If you have top defenders yes. You have to adapt according to what you have though. Slade was not flexible enough to utilise the strengths in the squad.
  • Mmmm, lovely lovely pies.
  • Sponsored links:

• They appointed Slade - I said he was a negative manager before he was appointed - Surely if I knew that, they could have done their homework on him.

Yes, but it's possible to be negative and successful. Mouhrino ?
    Powell was like Mourinho. He is positive against similar or worse teams but was defensive against the bigger boys. In our promotion league 1 season we only just beat the likes of SU and SW through free kicks etc.

• I bet he's thinking, "I wish I'd let Kevin Nugent pick the team".