Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

Comments

• Options

To be fair as I've already said in another post... I dont have an issue with Chris joining the coaching team if its going to work to Charlton's advantage, hell he might be a good coach and by not becoming Manager straight away will help him to learn and understand the English game without the pressures of being an inexperienced Manager

but who appointed him?

We don't have a manager but we've appointed a new first team coach.

He will be seen as a spy for RD and KM even if he is a good coach.
    both extremely good points. Also means O'Loughlin will stay even if Nugent and Clark don't so you are asking a new manager to work with a coach he doesn't know and one not experienced in the English game at all. Not saying COL isn't, or won't become, a good coach but most Manager's like to appoint their own men.

• Options

To be fair as I've already said in another post... I dont have an issue with Chris joining the coaching team if its going to work to Charlton's advantage, hell he might be a good coach and by not becoming Manager straight away will help him to learn and understand the English game without the pressures of being an inexperienced Manager

but who appointed him?

We don't have a manager but we've appointed a new first team coach.

He will be seen as a spy for RD and KM even if he is a good coach.
    You could say that though if Nugent remains as Assistant Manager when the new man joins though?

i.e. He's in his job yet the Manager didnt appoint him, the last one did so why is he still here?
    But Nugent is a caretaker and was already here like Clark so can step in.

Seems a very odd time to be appointing a coach who has no connection to the club or league.

Quite possible that the new man will want his own coaching team and so Nugent and Clark would go.

Maybe this is or will become a sticking point for potential managers who want their own team.
  • Options
    Caldwell in different circumstances would be a good appointment, however I don't want the club to try and get any credit by appointing a better manager or the pathetic fickle bunch of fans we have being bought off by this appointment and a few early wins.

No new manager can be supported under this regime, I know it's cut throat but has to be the stance regardless of who we get, hoping its COL so it intensifies things, Caldwell I fear wouldn't make things as heated.
  • Options
    So we are without a manager.

A new manager would most likely want his own back room staff.

But we fill one of these spaces as if it were a vacancy, and that a new manager will have to work with.

And they wonder why the likes of Steve Evans turned them down.
  • Options
    I think on this basis the fact is that O'Loughlin WAS going to be the new Manager...

Why on Monday did they not just release this information, that Nugent would be in charge unless a new man was appointed prior to the Weekend (even then Nugent should have been in charge because the new man wouldnt have had time to work with the squad)... Instead it really does seem as though O'Loughlin was ready to be appointed, they've seen the reaction from the fans and have back tracked (hence why is he also ready and waiting to be coach if we werent talking to him?)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Grooming him for manager

is the only reasonable explanation. Roland sacked Slade as an irrational response to being humiliated in Belgium, was going to appoint O'Loughlin out of spite, KM managed to persuade him otherwise but he's shoe horned him into the coaching set-up anyway so that when the next manager is sacked O'Loughlin can seemlessly step in.
  • Options
    I just hope he's not the next Karel Fraeye

Wasn't he brought in just as a "Coach" under Riga yet against his decision... Ended up wanting to be involved a lot more than he was allowed (because of Riga's hands on approach) and then we all know what happened
  • Options

Just one thought though... I'm guessing that Kevin Nugent will remain Assistant Manager when the new man comes into... Simon Clark will remain First Team Coach (?), what with O'Loughlin's title be?

Unless (1) Nugent doesnt stay when the new man comes in (2) am I looking into it too much and O'Loughlin is just another Coach

If he was just another coach why mention him by name...

From the reports that he's been around the training ground for a couple of weeks it's clear they've been undermining Slade and it probably came to a head.
  • Options

I think on this basis the fact is that O'Loughlin WAS going to be the new Manager...

Why on Monday did they not just release this information, that Nugent would be in charge unless a new man was appointed prior to the Weekend (even then Nugent should have been in charge because the new man wouldnt have had time to work with the squad)... Instead it really does seem as though O'Loughlin was ready to be appointed, they've seen the reaction from the fans and have back tracked (hence why is he also ready and waiting to be coach if we werent talking to him?)

I just don't know that they give a feck what we think. I suspect he was going to be sent into Slade's team as a mole, but then they had enough cause to let Slade go after Saturday (whether it was that performance or because he lost the dressing room which has been mooted in a couple places).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Managerial record by team and tenure P W D L Win %
    Swansea City (caretaker) 15 February 2007 24 February 2007 3 0 1 2 0.0
    Leyton Orient (caretaker) 18 January 2009 5 February 2009 4 1 1 2 25.0
    Leyton Orient (caretaker) 3 April 2010 5 April 2010 1 0 0 1 0.0
    Leyton Orient (interim) 24 September 2014 26 October 2014 7 2 2 3 28.6
    Total 15 3 4 8 20.0
    looks like our kind of manager, but not enough draws.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Grooming him for manager

We always get a new one in January so he might not have long to wait...
  • Options
    Jobs for the network boys
  • Options
    I bet Roland wanted to stick O'Loughlin in as manager - it's the Roland method after all. Daisy, being fearful of getting lynched from a lamp-post, convinced him otherwise but still has to take him on as a coach anyway.

I would be fascinated to know the origin of this unbreakable bond between Daisy and Roland. He is utterly determined to keep her in post despite her dismal performance and she steadfastly puts up with the continual diet of shit-sandwich decisions he is feeding her.
  • Options
    Last Saturday's team selection is looking more and more like a final act of defiance by Slade. He probably wasn't even consulted on accepting Swindon as a Sky game because if he was he'd have realised it was an international weekend and we'd be three players short. We signed Botaka and Magennis the next day after all so it's not as if were we not aware that this would happen.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I bet Roland wanted to stick O'Loughlin in as manager - it's the Roland method after all. Daisy, being fearful of getting lynched from a lamp-post, convinced him otherwise but still has to take him on as a coach anyway.

I would be fascinated to know the origin of this unbreakable bond between Daisy and Roland. He is utterly determined to keep her in post despite her dismal performance and she steadfastly puts up with the continual diet of shit-sandwich decisions he is feeding her.

Isn't it obvious? She is too useless to get a job anywhere else.
  • Options
    I think this Chris blokes title will be aprentice coach. Can the club get any money from the government?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I think this Chris blokes title will be aprentice coach. Can the club get any money from the government?

maybe he's in on a work experience scheme?
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd linked

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-in-contention-to-be-next-charlton-manager-with-chris-o-loughlin-primed-for-a3397991.html

Not convinced by this:
    However, Standard Sport understands that the main reason he lost his post was not due to results but because the owners were not happy with the style of football.
    Would think style of play is one of the last things KM/RD care about.
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd linked

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-in-contention-to-be-next-charlton-manager-with-chris-o-loughlin-primed-for-a3397991.html

Not convinced by this:
    However, Standard Sport understands that the main reason he lost his post was not due to results but because the owners were not happy with the style of football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Jimmy Floyd linked

Not convinced by this:

I doubt they were happy with his involvement in the Telegraph scandal either.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Grooming him for manager

is the only reasonable explanation. Roland sacked Slade as an irrational response to being humiliated in Belgium, was going to appoint O'Loughlin out of spite, KM managed to persuade him otherwise but he's shoe horned him into the coaching set-up anyway so that when the next manager is sacked O'Loughlin can seemlessly step in.
    Seems about right I'd say
  • Options
    Missed It said:

From KM's point of view it seems fairly clear to me. If she walks away she won't get another job from RD (he expects her to stick it out here) and she certainly won't get one from anybody else involved in sport so I think she's stuck trying to do what's an impossible job.

• Options
    I've only just seen this and I'm so bloody annoyed!! Here is my simple take on things-:
    Its another backdoor appointment, COL comes in as First Team coach to help Caretaker Nugent. Nugent then leaves, and COL become Interim Manager (remember the Fraye situation), he then stays and if he can get a few wins gets the job. Its 2015/16 all over again!!!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Hearing O 'Loughlin will be managers assistant

Nobby Vinegar it is then
  • Options
    Sorry hadn't seen the evening gooner
  • Options
    Regarding COL, the aim is to ensure that each of our centre backs has his own coach so there are still a couple of appointments to be made before we get a manager
  • Options
    He may not be made manager right now, but give it a long enough timeline - this guy will be in charge at some point. Probably after whoever they are about to hire.