Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

Comments

• Options

Would rather Evans over O'Loughlin.

Would rather O'Loughlin than Evans. Evans is a petulant little prick on the sideline, and he's a manager where nothing is ever his fault.
  • Options
    Adkins strikes me as an intelligent bloke who'll see right through Meire. Whilst Evans will also know what a basket case he'd be working for, he's already taken on a similar role at Leeds under their own nutter, doubtless looking after his inevitable severance package beforehand, and might be happy to pick up another one. Over to you Meire, you hopeless, incompetent, short-sighted drain on our resources. Let's see if you can manage another "improvement" - perhaps even one who's still here after seventeen matches...
  • Options
    No no no to Evans, we know this man from his diamonds days, he is an appalling individual, and total baffon.
  • Options
    not a rumour .. it's worth giving Jackson a go, at least until the New Year .. he surely has the respect of the players and that is by far the most important quality in any manager ..
    ALL he has to do (lol) is get them organised and playing to a set consistent formation/pattern .. the squad is experienced and talented enough, it's the leadership from management and owners which is lacking .. give it a whirl Duchatelet
  • Options
    But would Jacko leave himself out the side?
  • Options

this is more a wishful thinking thread than rumours .. so far ((:>)

Steve Evans .. confession time .. two seasons ago I went to a lot of games at Rotherham after they had been promoted to the Championship through the playoffs, ironically beating Slade's Orient at Wembley ..
    Evans managed the team to some good wins .. and the losses ? .. his sides NEVER give it up, probably they are too terrified of the 'big man' who incidentally has lost a lot of weight
    Evans is no fool and he stands absolutely no nonsense from his players .. he likes to play good football and has a record of finding and signing good players from the lower levels .. I wouldn't mind him at all at CAFC with two caveats ..
    1) His record with younger players is not especially good, he prefers to bring in experience, though Rotherham does not have a particularly strong youth development structure .. all the Yorkie good uns tend to go to the Sheffield clubs or Leeds
    2) Will the CAFC fans (other than me) take to him ? .. he's been a figure of fun and ridicule on here for ages

Interesting to hear a different perspective. I'll admit my summary of not wanting him is because he's been a bit of a naughty boy in the past and looks, and acts, like an idiot. But at the end of the day if we can get some nice football and players that want to play for the shirt then that's a decent compromise and maybe a step in the right direction. Still wouldn't be a particularly long-term appointment though as his volatility and Roland's trigger finger are higly likely to come to blows in the forseeable
  • Options
    Adkins all day long for me. Evans talks a good game & has got teams promoted, but there is something about him that irks....
  • Options
    Should fit in well with our idiots then
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The only worse options than Steve Evans are Denis Wise and Kevin Muscat
  • Options
    It doesn't really matter under this ownership but....

One of the criticisms of Adkins was that he isn't really a coach and just turns up on match days. Which isn't a problem if you have a good coach but maybe the plan is Adkins with O'Loughlin as coach. That would fit with @Swisdom inside info.

Evans comes over as a nasty piece of work and someone with falls out with everyone but he has had success. He's not stuck around for very long either recently but the regime may see that as a good thing.

Can't see Jackson wanting to work for KM in a non-playing role but who knows.

That they sacked Slade without a replacement lined up sums them up. No plan, no idea, always reactive.

On Nugent; has he gone too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It doesn't really matter under this ownership but....

One of the criticisms of Adkins was that he isn't really a coach and just turns up on match days. Which isn't a problem if you have a good coach but maybe the plan is Adkins with O'Loughlin as coach. That would fit with @Swisdom inside info.

Evans comes over as a nasty piece of work and someone with falls out with everyone but he has had success. He's not stuck around for very long either recently but the regime may see that as a good thing.

Can't see Jackson wanting to work for KM in a non-playing role but who knows.

That they sacked Slade without a replacement lined up sums them up. No plan, no idea, always reactive.

On Nugent; has he gone too?

Who knows, we're not getting another word out of them until they appoint a manager.

If again they're putting all their eggs in one basket with Evans (who Mansfield want too) then we may not even have one by Saturday and as we're not getting another word, who knows who'll take charge of the team.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Swisdom said:

this is more a wishful thinking thread than rumours .. so far ((:>)

Steve Evans .. confession time .. two seasons ago I went to a lot of games at Rotherham after they had been promoted to the Championship through the playoffs, ironically beating Slade's Orient at Wembley ..
    Evans managed the team to some good wins .. and the losses ? .. his sides NEVER give it up, probably they are too terrified of the 'big man' who incidentally has lost a lot of weight
    Evans is no fool and he stands absolutely no nonsense from his players .. he likes to play good football and has a record of finding and signing good players from the lower levels .. I wouldn't mind him at all at CAFC with two caveats ..
    1) His record with younger players is not especially good, he prefers to bring in experience, though Rotherham does not have a particularly strong youth development structure .. all the Yorkie good uns tend to go to the Sheffield clubs or Leeds
    2) Will the CAFC fans (other than me) take to him ? .. he's been a figure of fun and ridicule on here for ages

Interesting to hear a different perspective. I'll admit my summary of not wanting him is because he's been a bit of a naughty boy in the past and looks, and acts, like an idiot. But at the end of the day if we can get some nice football and players that want to play for the shirt then that's a decent compromise and maybe a step in the right direction. Still wouldn't be a particularly long-term appointment though as his volatility and Roland's trigger finger are higly likely to come to blows in the forseeable
    terrific post .. as to any manager's longevity .. methinks the days of long termism in any job are rare and getting rarer ...
    as to Evans being a 'naughty boy' .. as I mentioned in this post and in one other, he's probably no worse than many others, he got caught .. no excuse but there it is, aor cop guvnor.
    T B H .. I'd give Jackson a go until the new year, if that is not gonna happen, then Evans could well be the man for us .. IF IF IF our more prudish fans are prepared to give him some leeway
  • Options
    Bookies now make Nigel Adkins favourite just ahead of Chris O'loughlin who they had nailed on last night. Steve Evans next. After that is SCP would you believe and Bet Victor even has Deano at 8/1! Curbs also quite high up. All goes to show in this case the bookies haven't any ideas! A notable absentee though is Nobby Vinegar
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Steve Evans? Oh, God.

He fits the Brussell mould though!!
    About the only thing he would fit though!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Whatever the rumours, we all know who it's going to be. And it's not Evans, Adkins or anyone else with a proven record in the EFL.
  • Options
    Thought Evans did alright at Leeds tbh and did a good job with Rotherham. Not my first choice mind.
  • Options
    Like Adkins a lot .. 'who needs Mourinho, we got our physio' .. he did good work @ Scunny and @ the Saints .. BUT .. he's been off the boil lately and might be a bit too 'nice' for us ..
    we need a terror who can first of all get the players in shape and playing and who'll ignore Meire as much as possible and just get on with his job i.e. WINNING GAMES ..
  • Options
    I would sooner have Lee Evans than Steve
  • Options
    Hercule Poirot.

Although it doesn't take a detective to work out what is wrong with this f***ng club.
  • Options
    In my opinion, the rumours will drag on for a few weeks and we'll have no one in post. I can't see any British manager worth his salt wanting to come anywhere near our basket case of a club and we'll end up with COL on an interim basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky are claiming that Mansfield have appointed Evans
  • Options

I would sooner have Lee Evans than Steve

Or Pat Evans.
  • Options
    PLEASE BE ADKINS
  • Options
    That's Evans out of the picture by the looks, can't say I'm too disappointed. Can still see the club throwing another curve ball in but my ultimate first choice is Nathan Jones, I'm sure they're more than aware of him but Luton are on the up in my opinion so I can't see him leaving. Adkins is likely the best we can hope for.
  • Options

Less attractive than Mansfield!
  • Options
    Maybe we are speculating the wrong Steve.
    Steven Gerrard is leaving L.A. Galaxy so could he? Na, no chance.
  • Options
    redman said:

Bookies now make Nigel Adkins favourite just ahead of Chris O'loughlin who they had nailed on last night. Steve Evans next. After that is SCP would you believe and Bet Victor even has Deano at 8/1! Curbs also quite high up. All goes to show in this case the bookies haven't any ideas! A notable absentee though is Nobby Vinegar

Deano was at Swindon. Assumed he was checking up on Rudd.
  • Options

Sky are claiming that Mansfield have appointed Evans

The bloke was desperate for a job.

But he wasn't dumb enough to come here.