Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon away 12/11/16

2»

Comments

• I'm going.

Think 500 is pretty respectable considering the restrictions, TV and time.
  • Going to this with our lad. Did not renew STs, but promised him away games. Didn't think we'd make many, but this will be our fourth so far this season. He's loving it.

Off to Bradford too next month.

Thanks to Elfsborg and co. for train ticket and match ticket info it means we have done it fairly cheap too. Good old Charltonlife helping to keep the next generation attached to their club.

Clive and me are on lager that day if you want to thank us properly!
  • 500 is bloody good if true given the time / TV etc

I was expecting half that
  • 500 is bloody good if true given the time / TV etc

I was expecting half that

Have to disagree on this, absolutely shocking support.

Although not unexpected as generally speaking we are not known for taking masses to away games.
  • how many do you seriously think would travel 2 hours in November for a lunchtime game that is live on the box, we aren't exactly pulling trees either???
  • edited November 2016

how many do you seriously think would travel 2 hours in November for a lunchtime game that is live on the box, we aren't exactly pulling trees either???

Two hours is nothing travelling time, being on the tele would put off a few, but look at these figures.

1378 Luton
    1015 Grimsby
    984 Carlisle
    956 Portsmouth
    725 Plymouth

Carlisle, Portsmouth and Plymouth are all outposts and have repeatedly longer distances than London to Swindon.

We should be taking 700 to this, apart from anything else we have lots of people boycotting The Valley who were expressing interest at going to more away games as a result.

• how many do you seriously think would travel 2 hours in November for a lunchtime game that is live on the box, we aren't exactly pulling trees either???

Two hours is nothing travelling time, being on the tele would put off a few, but look at these figures.

1378 Luton
    1015 Grimsby
    984 Carlisle
    956 Portsmouth
    725 Plymouth

Carlisle, Portsmouth and Plymouth are all outposts and have repeatedly longer distances than London to Swindon.

We should be taking 700 to this, apart from anything else we have lots of people boycotting The Valley who were expressing interest at going to more away games as a result.

A 12pm kickoff, £25, live on Sky AND we're missing 3 attacking players (Lookman, Magennis and Botaka) with Holmes possibly absent as well

500 is a great effort
  • 3pm and not on the TV we'd probably have had around 1,200
  • 500 is a good effort from us, but piss poor compared to other clubs.

Didn't we only get 600ish as an allocation anyway?
  • the 600 will probably be in the corner of their main stand, doubt they are even opening the uncovered seated terrace.....we could've probably had 3k if we'd wanted