Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon away 12/11/16

Thinking of going down there, don't ask why, just wondered when tickets go off sale? Many on here making the trip west?

Comments

• Swindon Town (a) - Saturday, November 12th

Tickets for Charlton’s trip to Swindon Town on Saturday, November 12th are now on sale.

The fixture is an early kick-off that will be shown live on Sky Sports, and we have been handed a full allocation of 615 seats.

Tickets are priced at £25 adults, £19 over 65s and students, £12 under 21s, £8 under 18s and £2 under 11s.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and have access to five wheelchair bays, both of which are priced at £19 and include a free helper.

Seats can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44, or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Supporters should be aware that Swindon have made the match an all-ticket fixture, meaning that seats will not be on sale on the day of the game. Tickets will remain on sale from The Valley until 1pm on Friday, November 11th.
  • all ticket ?!?!?!?!?!
  • Dansk_Red said:

Swindon Town (a) - Saturday, November 12th

Tickets for Charlton’s trip to Swindon Town on Saturday, November 12th are now on sale.

The fixture is an early kick-off that will be shown live on Sky Sports, and we have been handed a full allocation of 615 seats.

Tickets are priced at £25 adults, £19 over 65s and students, £12 under 21s, £8 under 18s and £2 under 11s.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and have access to five wheelchair bays, both of which are priced at £19 and include a free helper.

Seats can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44, or by going online. Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Supporters should be aware that Swindon have made the match an all-ticket fixture, meaning that seats will not be on sale on the day of the game. Tickets will remain on sale from The Valley until 1pm on Friday, November 11th.

Cheers mate, will have to get down there today.
  • wembley the night before, so saturday will be a good excuse for a day in the pub, charlton on sky at 12 followed by england sa in the rugby.
  • Wembley on Friday, Welling on Saturday !
  • live next door so don't really have an excuse :smile:
  • 25 quid for a league one game that's live on sky?! Massive piss take.

I guess they know that there won't be many casual walk ups for this one - you're either going or not going and (within reason) price won't be a hugely determining factor on whether you attend or not.
  • Can't see that attendance being above four figures
  • Sponsored links:

• I see it is an all ticket affair, no turning up at the last minute. Why are so many games these days being made all ticket games, do you think are club have had a word with the other clubs to make it difficult for people to buy tickets other than via the club. I went to the Oxford game at the last minute and only got in due to a friendly home fan. I noticed the Gillingham game was the same now a televised 12pm kick off game seems odd.
  • Full allocation of 615 seats. Blimey.
  • I wonder why we have only been allocated 615 seats when they can accommodate 1200.

Away fans are located in the Arkells Stand at one side of the pitch, where up to 1,200 fans can be housed. This is an older stand with facilities to match, but at least you are under cover. If you are at the back of this stand there is one supporting pillar which may impair your view of the goal otherwise it is fine. You even get a view of some of the rolling Marlborough Hills beyond one corner of the ground! There is a small kiosk at the back of stand serving amongst other things a range of pies, but be careful when taking them back to your seat. The entrances to the seating areas are through large solid doors, and to compound matters they open out towards you!
  • msomerton said:

I see it is an all ticket affair, no turning up at the last minute. Why are so many games these days being made all ticket games, do you think are club have had a word with the other clubs to make it difficult for people to buy tickets other than via the club. I went to the Oxford game at the last minute and only got in due to a friendly home fan. I noticed the Gillingham game was the same now a televised 12pm kick off game seems odd.

Oxford was (effectively) a sell out though, whereas somehow I don't think we'll be selling all 615 seats at Swindon!

I imagine £25 is the regular price for that stand - it's a side stand, which is a way of getting away fans to pay more (though it at least has a roof!) and they probably decided that cutting the price wouldn't encourage any more away fans to turn up anyway
  • I asked the club why it was all ticket and go no response. I heard we are now considered a CAT A away travellers. This true? Maybe they are expecting loads of plastic roundabouts being thrown on the pitch!
  • edited November 2016

sod that
  • I was also thinking about going. 5 seconds later I'd forgotten about it and moved on to another stupid idea.

You'll be coming home from Friday night when the game starts anyway.
  • Tim Sherwood just been named Swindon director of football
  • I was also thinking about going. 5 seconds later I'd forgotten about it and moved on to another stupid idea.

You'll be coming home from Friday night when the game starts anyway.
    Friday night is a stay indoors night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Red Bull v Red Bull Swindon
    who can resist?
  • bbob said:

Charlton Red Bull v Red Bull Swindon
    who can resist?

Sky knew what they were doing when they picked this one for live coverage back in August!
  • I'm going.....and I just don't know why.
  • I

I'm going.....and I just don't know why.

You need to give us a chorus Matt of;

Charlton Life,
    Charlton Life,
    Can you see me on the box,
    Can you see me on the box.
    :wink:

sod that

It's a real git!! In laws live down that way and every time I tackle this 'roundabout' it goes against all your normal driving instincts!!

Ticket arrived today. Wembley tomorrow night, staying over in hotel in Watford (roughly halfway between home - Norwich - and Swindon) then drive down early on Saturday morning. Anyone getting there early I recommend the outlet centre, McArthur Glen (about 1.5 miles from ground. Parking also only a quid for 5 hours if you're happy to walk it).
  • I think it's called the magic roundabout for obvious reasons!!

Hemel Hempstead also has a magic roundabout, though being bigger it somehow seems easier to navigate
  • Sponsoring Phoenix Sports FA Trophy game, so in their bar at 11.45' for the Charlton game
  • Around 500 sold apparently, no walkups so can't see that increasing too much.