Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

October Fans Forum Minutes

This might've already been mentioned but I can't find it by searching so in case any one didn't see, they might be of interest.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/ff-minutes-october-201683-3405216.pdf

Stuff about Alou Diarra is particularly laughable seen as he's been playing CM for Nancy this season.

Comments

• Meire says Tex was injured & can play for the first team if Slade wants. There are no financials involved. Cough, splutter.
  • SCL asked if the £3 admin fee could be a reason for crowds being down. KM advised that she doesn’t think this is the case, and that there are other reasons for this.

I wish someone would have pushed KM into saying what the other reasons were.
  • Fairly sure both Vernon Roper and John Bennett have missed the last few fans forums.

I know Vernon isn't well, but surely there shouldn't be so many apologies from fans reps at each fans forum meeting. These are generally set up well in advance. For sure Ian and Steve never seem to miss a meeting.
  • As everything with these mugs there is not much talk about how things are going to improve on the pitch, however off it wonderful times ahead zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Why have the club been allowed to make the minuets then selves rather than independent
  • Addickted said:

Fairly sure both Vernon Roper and John Bennett have missed the last few fans forums.

I know Vernon isn't well, but surely there shouldn't be so many apologies from fans reps at each fans forum meeting. These are generally set up well in advance. For sure Ian and Steve never seem to miss a meeting.

I've made my position perfectly clear on here months ago.

Apart from the fact that we are now living in E Sussex & that I don't drive, I will NOT waste my time 4 times a year listening to the pathetic responses and downright untruths from our CEO.

IMHO very little of any substance or anything worth hearing actually comes out of these meetings.

And, perhaps, most importantly, I refuse to spend my evening across the table from someone who clearly doesn't respect me or my views ....although to be honest, the feeling is mutual.

Each to their own of course but it is evident to me that more SG reps are "washing their hair" & that club employees now outnumber them.

I wonder why ?
    Can't really see the merit of anyone attending this, I'm afraid. Allows them to pretend everything is normal.
    I don't agree.

They will always be able to find a way of fulfilling their requirements under EFL.

However, the more questions they get in these forums and the wider the involvement, the more they expose themselves.

For me it's like the boycott debate. Not attending has a limited effect, attending and making your voice heard has a greater impact.

Have to say though I haven't been invited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Fairly sure both Vernon Roper and John Bennett have missed the last few fans forums.

I've made my position perfectly clear on here months ago.

Apart from the fact that we are now living in E Sussex & that I don't drive, I will NOT waste my time 4 times a year listening to the pathetic responses and downright untruths from our CEO.

IMHO very little of any substance or anything worth hearing actually comes out of these meetings.

And, perhaps, most importantly, I refuse to spend my evening across the table from someone who clearly doesn't respect me or my views ....although to be honest, the feeling is mutual.

Each to their own of course but it is evident to me that more SG reps are "washing their hair" & that club employees now outnumber them.

I wonder why ?
    Can't really see the merit of anyone attending this, I'm afraid. Allows them to pretend everything is normal.
    I don't agree.

They will always be able to find a way of fulfilling their requirements under EFL.

However, the more questions they get in these forums and the wider the involvement, the more they expose themselves.

For me it's like the boycott debate. Not attending has a limited effect, attending and making your voice heard has a greater impact.

Have to say though I haven't been invited.
    You should perhaps talk to some of the people, like Fanny, who have seen through this. They are under no real challenge at the FF and they don't deliver outcomes, just waffle. Now they want to control the minutes so they can even suppress or manage out any inconvenient enquiries.

I'm not really concerned with league rules because there's no way the league is ever going to intervene whatever they do about engaging with fans. But by participating in this way fans give them an out from being out on the spot elsewhere.

The tosh about the training ground is a good example. The club published a bullshit article so no further questions are asked about it at the FF, whereas I believe Bromley put them under pressure to explain the contradictions. But that doesn't expose them publicly because it's behind closed doors at the club's insistence.

Back at the FF Steve Clarke asks them about the ticket surcharge. Meire says it's fine and will continue. I doubt if she has a clue about it. Next item. Where does this get anyone?
    Final paragraph sums these meetings up.
  • edited November 2016
    9. Sale of the club CL asked if the owner has had a bid for the club that meets the asking
    price. KM explained that no, because the club is not for sale.

bastards.
  • On Tex "Russell will decide if he plays. IW asked if there is a financial reason why we cannot play him. KM said that’s a false rumour."

• Ben18 said:

So Meire now claims ex World Cup finalist Alou Diarra left because he was too concerned about competition for places at centre back. Huh.

In honesty if Diarra only thought he could/only wanted to play CB then letting him go was probably the right move as his wages would have been relatively high and we have lots of good options there already. And Roger Johnson.
  • Airman - What do you mean by this ?

"The tosh about the training ground is a good example. The club published a bullshit article so no further questions are asked about it at the FF, whereas I believe Bromley put them under pressure to explain the contradictions. But that doesn't expose them publicly because it's behind closed doors at the club's insistence."

Covered End and Henry Irving provided quite detailed reports on here of what was said and as far as I can tell there was no attempt to persuade people attending not to publicise what was said (which would have been futile and stupid anyway). So how was it behind closed doors ?

Henry reported their confused and evasive answers about the training ground so doesn't that expose them publicly ?
  • More lies about Diarra. I'm sure he was very worried about Kevin Foley keeping him out of the midfield.
  • These FF meetings are just a talk shop to appease the EFL. In the world of KM where no action is en vogue these meetings are a God send.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw Syd Cheesewright in the clubhouse at Greenwich Borough when they played Dulwich Hamlet a few weeks ago. He seemed pissed off with all things CAFC (protests included), surprised to see he's still involved.
  • Two other nuggets there.

I see the club has decided they will now draft the minutes, having previously decided to renege on their promise to video them. I trust those attending will add / clarify as appropriate.

Also I see Steve Clarke attended. Is this on behalf of the Trust, as I'd thought they'd declined to attend following the meeting where they told KM and RM to do one?
  • The other lie again repeated is about a prospective manager, presumably Chris Wilder, and the willingness or not to put in a clause about him having total control over selection and recruitment.
    This may give me an opportunity to find out whether he will give an interview to VOTV or someone to put the record straight. This is the first time the club has publicly said this and he may be a little annoyed!
  • Pico said:

Covered End and Henry Irving and Kap10 provided quite detailed reports on here of what was said and as far as I can tell there was no attempt to persuade people attending not to publicise what was said (which would have been futile and stupid anyway).

Sorted :-)
  • I saw Syd Cheesewright in the clubhouse at Greenwich Borough when they played Dulwich Hamlet a few weeks ago. He seemed pissed off with all things CAFC (protests included), surprised to see he's still involved.

He gets pissed off with bus drivers who are instructed to terminate their journey .. but that's another story!
  • I don't like the way the club associate the behaviours of individuals with the protests. They try too hard to portray themselves as victims!
  • She met the reminiscence group today ....
    who?!
  • Kap10 said:

I saw Syd Cheesewright in the clubhouse at Greenwich Borough when they played Dulwich Hamlet a few weeks ago. He seemed pissed off with all things CAFC (protests included), surprised to see he's still involved.

He gets pissed off with bus drivers who are instructed to terminate their journey .. but that's another story!
  • sammy391 said:

She met the reminiscence group today ....
    who?!

Group of older fans who meet to talk about Charlton past and present.