Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best CAFC FA Cup goals?

2»

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Simon church scored a worldy using his knee and hand I seem to remember at Hillsborough.surely nothing beats that

That was a thing of beauty.
  • Kim Grant against Bristol City at the Valley if only for the fact that he surprised me when not only didnt he fall over when he burst through the defence he also actually scored.
  • The own goal at Colchester in 1984...crossed the line but didn't reach the net.

With Alec Chamberlain in hot pursuit.......

The most undeserved victory of all time. We didn't have a single shot and they could've had at least 5.
  • Boysie said:

Mark Aizlewood's penalty at White Hart Lane in 1985

I've never celebrated a goal as much as I did this one.
  • Mark Robson equaliser at Ashton Gate.
  • RedChaser said:

Boysie said:

Something about Church's goal at Hillsborough then deleted it. :neutral:

Church's goal looked a bit iffy in real time but was disguised well enough for the officials to allow it. Happy days especially when CP came down to celebrate with us after the final whistle whilst doing acrobatics on the croosbar, can't see Brussel managing that somehow :wink: .
    The Wendys are still pissed off with Powell for that stunt lol
  • edited November 2016
    David Whyte's free kick against Brentford (I think) in the last minute is up there for me (I think that was an FA Cup game, not 100% sure anymore).

Also, Carl's header at Old Trafford. Was a pretty standard cross and header, but he did it at Old Trafford!
  • RedChaser said:

Ray Treacy at Smelhust Park.....no question.
    1969.....replay....we won 0-2.

Agree with this @SoundAsa£ , absolute corker from 25 yards just under the crossbar. Shi*hurst even more apt description back then with mud banking twice as high as the terracing these days at the Sainsbury's end. Nightmare journey midweek there and back that evening think we missed the opening goal as a consequence.
    Same at the holmsdale end & pissing down with rain, all the crowd surging meant a lot of muddy people. Journey there was ok but night mare coming back agreed. I think that was down to trains being wrecked by the thousands of Charlton who went. Some bright sparks in my carriage were trying to set light to the seats, that would have turned out well had they succeeded :-(
  • edited November 2016

RedChaser said:

Agree with this @SoundAsa£ , absolute corker from 25 yards just under the crossbar. Shi*hurst even more apt description back then with mud banking twice as high as the terracing these days at the Sainsbury's end. Nightmare journey midweek there and back that evening think we missed the opening goal as a consequence.
    Same at the holmsdale end & pissing down with rain, all the crowd surging meant a lot of muddy people. Journey there was ok but night mare coming back agreed. I think that was down to trains being wrecked by the thousands of Charlton who went. Some bright sparks in my carriage were trying to set light to the seats, that would have turned out well had they succeeded :-(
    Lol we never used to get up to that sort of thing did we? Walked back to Catford IIRC as all the 122 busses were rammo.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

David Whyte's free kick against Brentford (I think) in the last minute is up there for me (I think that was an FA Cup game, not 100% sure anymore).

Yes, great shout. Made it 3-2 with a couple of minutes to go to set us up for a trip to Anfield. There was another great goal in that game as well, pinpoint Robinson cross and Bowyer header (I think that way round rather than vice versa). Good game that was, Covered End exploded when Whyte scored.

First 4-sided sell out after we got back to The Valley, following a crowd of about 13,500 at the 2-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday in Round 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• John Robinson also scored a very good goal that evening to equalise for us in the first half. Whytey's free kick right at the end was a quality, top class strike. Nothing less than what we had become used to expecting from him. Remember Brentford putting up a very strong show and causing us all sorts of problems and they could have won it late on too. The Charlton fans that night applauded the Brentford players off the pitch at the end.

The two late goals that put us through against Bournemouth in 81 were great goals to celebrate as was Derek Killer Hales classy, emphatic header at Plymouth from Paul Walsh's pinpoint cross. Paddy Powell also scored for us direct from a corner in that game to bring us level.
  • Boysie said:

Mark Aizlewood's penalty at White Hart Lane in 1985

I've never celebrated a goal as much as I did this one.
    Fantastic atmosphere. Us all packed into the Park Lane end. That was some turnout that day...
  • Nearly won it late on as well when Flanagan put a shot inches wide.
  • Addickted said:

Fuck me, you're old.......

Gerontophile alert.
  • Why isn't Ade Lookman's goal not amongst the best goals of the round ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37903425

• Pardews header from outside the box(i think) v Burnley in the 90's

Beat me to it mate, still one of the best headers I can remember.
  • The next one.