Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best CAFC FA Cup goals?

Following Lookman's screamer to open the scoring for us yesterday, what other great CAFC FA Cup goals can you remember?

I'll get the ball rolling - Callum Harriot's strike at Hillsborough was pretty good, a half volley from the edge of the area.

Jay Boothroyd scored a nice late free kick against Leyton Orient when we were in the Premier League.

Any others?

(will use this as a subject on tonight's show)

Comments

• Simon church scored a worldy using his knee and hand I seem to remember at Hillsborough.surely nothing beats that
  • Treacy at Palarse.
  • Shaun Newton against Coventry in the 5th round of the FA Cup.
  • edited November 2016
    Deflection assisted Kins effort vs Newcastle at the Valley and a Mark Robson free kick in the replay at St James Park.

https://youtu.be/U4tG2rwguis
  • Pardews header from outside the box(i think) v Burnley in the 90's
  • Darren Pitcher v Blackburn in 94, It only hit 3 rovers players on the way in but hey ho.
  • Halsey at Harlow
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Pitcher v Blackburn in 94, It only hit 3 rovers players on the way in but hey ho.

Which in turn got him his dream move to a "big team"

With David Whyte coming to us.

With David Whyte coming to us.
    Oh yeah, we had the better deal out of it, he wasn't that good.
  • we ignoring the time JJ scored two overheads in one match, past poor Exeter?
  • Leuth said:

we ignoring the time JJ scored two overheads in one match, past poor Exeter?

Well remembered. I was there and didn't think of it!
  • Addickted said:

Halsey at Harlow

Hales again, later in that Cup run of 1980-81. Fourth round, away at Fulham. His back to goal, Killer receives the ball on the corner of the box - and lobs a beautiful arc over his shoulder and over the keeper. Sublime.

• Here's a great goal AGAINST Charlton. In the wrong cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYeJHnbDJdk
  • The own goal at Colchester in 1984...crossed the line but didn't reach the net.

• Sponsored links:

• Didn't we score a fantastic team goal up at Huddersifield in the cup a couple of years ago?
  • Or somewhere like Huddersfield?
  • edited November 2016
    Ray Treacy at Smelhust Park.....no question.
    1969.....replay....we won 0-2.
  • I might be mixing several games up, but there was a home game where Kish set up Bent (I think) with an amazing chipped through ball. The away fans had a massive brawl, and I met the person who said they started it in Thailand.
  • Didn't we score a fantastic team goal up at Huddersifield in the cup a couple of years ago?

Finished by Church, set up by Wilson possibly?
  • Ray Treacy at Smelhust Park.....no question.

Fuck me, you're old.......

• True Nick.......I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was!
  • edited November 2016

Ray Treacy at Smelhust Park.....no question.

Agree with this @SoundAsa£ , absolute corker from 25 yards just under the crossbar. Shi*hurst even more apt description back then with mud banking twice as high as the terracing these days at the Sainsbury's end. Nightmare journey midweek there and back that evening think we missed the opening goal as a consequence.
  • edited November 2016
    Mark Aizlewood's penalty at White Hart Lane in 1985
  • edited November 2016
    Boysie said:

Something about Church's goal at Hillsborough then deleted it. :neutral:

Church's goal looked a bit iffy in real time but was disguised well enough for the officials to allow it. Happy days especially when CP came down to celebrate with us after the final whistle whilst doing acrobatics on the croosbar, can't see Brussel managing that somehow :wink: .