Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunthorpe | Nov 05 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• We will lose! 1.Scunny are in excellent form and 2.it's the cup!
  • What's the lowest crowd we've ever had in the FA cup?
  • Only here to check if Kashi is showing some signs of life. Is he still with us? Must be getting on a bit...

Kashi has had an achilles op and is out until January.

• Just have a strange feeling this could be our year....

If the feeling is warm and wet i think you need changing.

FA Cup = Fuck up
  • Only here to check if Kashi is showing some signs of life. Is he still with us? Must be getting on a bit...

Kashi has had an achilles op and is out until January.
    And probably not playing another 10 games for Charlton before being sold.
  • Cant see past a draw 1-1, up to Scunny for the replay that ends 0-0, we lose on penalties!! Match thread from 1.45 for those that aren't going to the game....could be a record crowd.......for the match thread that is!!!
  • Crazy that I'm thinking about a match with Scunthorpe as though we are the underdogs.
  • edited November 2016

What's the lowest crowd we've ever had in the FA cup?

This is from memory ?

At Selhurst Park against Bradford third round of FA cup.
    Early Jan on a freezing day, the pitch was just playable,
    and i remember a very low crowd who witnessed a 1 nil defeat.

We were in the top division and i would guess they were in the 3rd tier.

Anoraks, can you please confirm this happened !
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Crazy that I'm thinking about a match with Scunthorpe as though we are the underdogs.

It's not crazy, its reality and reflects CURRENT form and teams and fans that approach matches in that way are less likely to get caught out. Teams and fans that roll up thinking their history, ground size etc etc are all it takes to win a match only set themselves for an embarrassing wake up call on the day.

• Just have a strange feeling this could be our year....

If the feeling is warm and wet i think you need changing.

FA Cup = Fuck up
    That's the magic of the FA Cup
  • cafctom said:

Crazy that I'm thinking about a match with Scunthorpe as though we are the underdogs.

That's how things go though.

If Aston Villa beat Bournemouth in the 3rd round in January, someone will describe it as a "giant killing" as Bournemouth are a PL side...
  • What's the lowest crowd we've ever had in the FA cup?

This is from memory ?

We drew 1-1 and beat them 3-0 in the replay up there.
  • edited November 2016
    IanBSE9 said:

This is from memory ?

We drew 1-1 and beat them 3-0 in the replay up there.
    Just checked and the game i was thinking of was the League cup against Bradford on October 27th 1987 which ended 0-1.

We must of had cold Octobers back then !
  • Was it against Bradford that Robert Lee lost a contact lens, the game was stopped for ages while everybody searched for it and when they gave up trying to find it he had to come off ?
  • edited November 2016

I too am confused by this statement, am I being thick?

“We have only conceded two goals in the last two games and we have collected two clean sheets. It is going in the right direction and we need to protect that.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-fa-cup-scunthorpe-russell-slade-3397781.aspx#3upJUR0x8iERtexM.99

I suppose he means the last 4 games - that we've had 2 clean sheets in 2 games; and a single goal conceded in each of the other 2.

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016

This is from memory ?

Anorak here. We lost 1-0 to Bradford City in the league cup on 27th Oct '87, so that would have been Sellout Park. We played them in the cup on 19th Jan 1990 (so probably at Sellout again). That game was 1-1. We mullered them 3-0 in the replay.
  • Oggy Red said:

“We have only conceded two goals in the last two games and we have collected two clean sheets. It is going in the right direction and we need to protect that.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-fa-cup-scunthorpe-russell-slade-3397781.aspx#3upJUR0x8iERtexM.99

I suppose he means the last 4 games - that we've had 2 clean sheets in 2 games; and a single goal conceded in each of the other 2.

Should be bloody standard at this level for a Club of our stature. Built for mediocrity is our Brussel Slade.
  • MrLargo said:

Oggy Red said:

Think you're right @Oggy Red , but if that is the case then he clearly needs a visit from the infamous CL Grammar Police. His sentence just does not make sense, in any shape or form, and I for one would like to see him swiftly brought to justice.

I can live with sitting through week after week of 1-1 draws and I can tolerate watching a brand of football that is neither effective nor entertaining, but the one thing that I just will not accept is a manager with a poor grasp of semantics.
    Probably best to leave Jewish people out of it.
  • Real shame that we approach the FA Cup with zero excitement at all. Tough team to play so this could be tight. Scunthorpe will probably prefer the league which gives us a chance. 1-1 and a replay we do not need beckons...
  • Huh? 0-1 backs to the wall loss.

More importantly...will the match thread last the full 90 mins after it early substitution in the last game!
  • Millwall 1-0 up, so our game against them won't be a Saturday game even if we lose tomorrow
  • Spanners won in front of 4,502 fans

• Is it right that only cup games show real attendance figures because the club can't count season ticket holders who don't show, or issue comps to people who don't turn up?

Only way to inflate the gate is to soend your own money as a club buying tickets for people for a tenner (and loads of kids)?
  • Is it right that only cup games show real attendance figures because the club can't count season ticket holders who don't show, or issue comps to people who don't turn up?

Yes.