Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Are Sunderland fans going to be happy with Phil's style of Football?
  • Options
    Replies on this twitter thread answers my question

• Options
    Quite a step up for Parky, going from broke Bolton to Sunderland if it happens

A number of vacancies out there, surprised nobody has been appointed yet. Millwall, Barnsley and Southend all still looking.
  • Options
    Are Sunderland fans going to be happy with Phil's style of Football?
    if they start winning more games and get promoted, and Parky has got three different clubs promoted, they will love him.
  • Options
    League Two side Leyton Orient have appointed former Plymouth manager Carl Fletcher as their new head coach.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50044239
  • Options
    clive said:
    League Two side Leyton Orient have appointed former Plymouth manager Carl Fletcher as their new head coach.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50044239
    Harchester legend
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson been confirmed as Sunderland Manager
  • Options
    he'll steady the proverbial ship there .. not the most talented squad but surely good enough to get out of L1 even after the soul destroying Wembley defeats of last season .. as ever, we will see
  • Options
    Really pleased for Phil as he did a decent enough job at our place, Bradford and Bolton under difficult circumstances. He deserves a good job and will steady the ship gradually. Sunderland fans will grow to love the v-neck jumpers!
    Good luck to him. 
  • Options
    I'm in a Chinese Sunderland chat group and apparently some of the members there are not pleased. I tried to convince them that Parky is a very good and proven manager at the level of second and third division, and they should feel positive about this appointment instead of slagging him off before he even starts working for their club. 

Of course the job ahead for Parky is a very challenging one as Sunderland seems to have been a graveyard for managers in recent years. But I really hope he'll turn things around for them and take them forward. Best of luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a very good appointment to me after a few bad ones - manager who has experience of getting out of the league they are trying to get out of.

Main complaint I've seen is that he's the cheap option. Just because he's on a free doesn't mean he's not a good choice.  Who were they expecting?! 
  • Options
    Parkinson has done well everywhere he's been (maybe except Hull in his early days).
  • Options
    Parkinson has done well everywhere he's been (maybe except Hull in his early days).
    Not forgetting relegating Charlton after a (was it ?) 18 games without a win :smile:
  • Options
    he'll steady the proverbial ship there .. not the most talented squad but surely good enough to get out of L1 even after the soul destroying Wembley defeats of last season .. as ever, we will see
    Surely one of the most talented squads in L1? Maguire, Gooch, McGeady, Grigg, Leadbitter. 

Definitely underperforming, but the raw ingredients are there
  • Options
    edited October 2019

I bet Daniel Levy must be getting ideas after this about who should replace Poch later this season.😜
  • Options

I bet Daniel Levy must be getting ideas after this about who should replace Poch later this season.😜
    Already sorted mate, it's the fella from Juventus.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    I'm in a Chinese Sunderland chat group and apparently some of the members there are not pleased. I tried to convince them that Parky is a very good and proven manager at the level of second and third division, and they should feel positive about this appointment instead of slagging him off before he even starts working for their club. 

Of course the job ahead for Parky is a very challenging one as Sunderland seems to have been a graveyard for managers in recent years. But I really hope he'll turn things around for them and take them forward. Best of luck to him.
    Sunderland fans have ideas way above their standing.

Seem to think they should be attracting premier league level managers just because they get big crowds. The fact is they're not even the best club in league one right now.

Parkinson will certainly steady the ship there but his football isn't great. Opinions differ depending on who you ask. Bradford fans love him, Hull fans hate him and Bolton fans are pretty hit and miss about him. Fur us i thought he did ok, but pretty average really.
  • Options
    Parky did a similar job to Bowyer in getting the club in a promotion position using loans, out of contract players and some coming through the reserves.
  • Options
    Rumours in Italy about Max Allegri to Man United have stepped up this week.

After Juventus he has often be linked that he wants to manage in England and has apparently been learning English for a while.
    Spurs and United both mentioned in Italian press over the last 6 months or so but lots more mentions for him to United this past weekend.
  • Options

After Juventus he has often be linked that he wants to manage in England and has apparently been learning English for a while.
    Spurs and United both mentioned in Italian press over the last 6 months or so but lots more mentions for him to United this past weekend.
    If Man U lose this weekend, I thing OGS will be gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man Utd were my team as a kid (Dad supported them) until I was old enough to go Charlton matches with my mates, so got a real soft spot for them. 

Anyone could see United improved because Mourinho had gone rather than because Solskjaer had arrived. 

Knee jerk reaction to give him the job. Should have just us him until end of season then appointed someone else. 
  • Options

If Man U lose this weekend, I thing OGS will be gone
    Crazy to think that you could argue that games coming up away to both Norwich and Bournemouth are two bigger games for United than vs Liverpool this weekend.

You'll be hard pushed to find anyone who thinks United get anything Sunday.
  • Options

When Man U lose very heavily this weekend, I think OGS will be gone

• Options

'ow you say .. what much is de monies to minaje oooonited'?
  • Options

Maxi Allegro, how English can you get!
  • Options
    Good luck to Parky. A decent feller who knows how to polish a turd, as it were.
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon manager Wally Downes has been suspended for four weeks after admitting breaching Football Association rules around betting.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50097011?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/london&link_location=live-reporting-story
  • Options
    Jessie said:

A Chinese Sunderland chat group u say. Send me an invite
  • Options
    Wally Downes has been sacked by AFC Wimbledon