Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Marco Silva at Everton can't have long left. Wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked tonight.
    He has spunked so much money as well. Definitely deserves the sack. 
    If they won they would have been 4th ...
  • Options
    Deserves the sack for spending 40m on Alex Iwobi!
  • Options
    Looks like Henrik Larsson is going to be the next Southend Manager

Was in the stands to watch them beat MK Dons yesterday
  • Options

Leyton Orient interim head coach Ross Embleton will step down from his position to revert back to his former role of assistant coach.

The decision comes after the League Two club said they would appoint a new head coach "in the coming weeks".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49795453

• Options
    Watching the EFL highlights just now, it seems that the next Lincoln manager is likely to be...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49775124

Now confirmed
    Losing 6-0 at home to Oxford......
    what's happened to the imps? .. the manager quits and they just fall apart .. Fosu's first 3timer since Rochdale 2 seasons ago ..we shoulda kept him even though he runs very cold than very hot 

• Options
    Fleetwood wasn't it?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Fleetwood wasn't it?
    you're right !! .. I was there as well 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Fleetwood wasn't it?
    Me too. 
    All down to Clarkie, he was on fire that day. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Fleetwood wasn't it?
    Me too. 
    All down to Clarkie, he was on fire that day. 
    Surely it was mainly down to Fosu, one of his goals was an incredible solo effort!
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon manager Wally Downes has been suspended by the League One club after he was charged by the Football Association over bets placed on games.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49827153
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wally Downes susspended by Wimbledon after FA investigations into betting irregularities which took place in 2011/2012. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    AFC Wimbledon manager Wally Downes has been suspended by the League One club after he was charged by the Football Association over bets placed on games.
    Wally by name, Wally by nature .. did you all know ? .. he is Terry's nephew .. not a lot of people know that ((:>)
  • Options
    clive said:
    22nd in the table with no win in 10 this season, owners are probably hopping he is suspended from football so they can replace him without paying him off
  • Options
    Weird how Wimbledon turned around after that awful display at The Valley against 10 men, but they seem to have gone backwards again. 

Shocked that the most recent bet was on the 12th July this summer, i.e. well after Joey Barton was banned, surely you would learn the lesson
  • Options
    National League strugglers Wrexham have parted company with manager Bryan Hughes.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49834524
  • Options
    clive said:
    National League strugglers Wrexham have parted company with manager Bryan Hughes.
    Always to be remembered for that penalty which beat Chelsea!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    clive said:

Not that we beat them according to Jose...
  • Options
    Ross said:
    clive said:

Not that we beat them according to Jose...
    To be fair when we talk about our long unbeaten home run, we "do a Huddersfield" and ignore the home playoff defeat!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Wally Downes susspended by Wimbledon after FA investigations into betting irregularities which took place in 2011/2012. 
    West Ham supporters were puzzled when Wally left after being first team coach under Big Sam. I think we now know why. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Apparently he bet £1.11 on a woman’s match in Mexico. If true, I’m 50/50 on this. Obviously there are strict betting rules and he knew that but if he didn’t know any of the players, coaches etc to gain inside information, it’s not exactly crime of the century. Hopefully he will only get a fine rather than a ban
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Apparently he bet £1.11 on a woman’s match in Mexico. If true, I’m 50/50 on this. Obviously there are strict betting rules and he knew that but if he didn’t know any of the players, coaches etc to gain inside information, it’s not exactly crime of the century. Hopefully he will only get a fine rather than a ban
    But then that's why Joey Barton did (though on a much greater scale), betting on matches where he had no personal involvement, and he got banned from playing for a year or two which effectively ended his career
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    But then that's why Joey Barton did (though on a much greater scale), betting on matches where he had no personal involvement, and he got banned from playing for a year or two which effectively ended his career
    WHAT?  He once bet on himself for first goalscorer!

if they had won a penalty at 0-0 i would have liked to have seen someone else get the ball off of him!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

if they had won a penalty at 0-0 i would have liked to have seen someone else get the ball off of him!
    Sorry didn't realise that, though while I agree the principle has to adhered to, the actual sum was only £3!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    the question you have to ask yourself here is why bother?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Also bet on his own team to lose several times I believe. 
  • Options
    According to most media websites Wally Downes made bets on football from 2013 to 2019. Why are people saying he only bet on football during 2011-12?
  • Options
    Sage said:

League One strugglers Southend United want to bring in former Sweden, Celtic, Barcelona and Manchester United striker Henrik Larsson as their new manager. (Mail)

They seriously need someone who is going to tighten up that defence and stop them conceding so many goals. Otherwise, as things are going Southend are going to get cut adrift from everyone else above them and there will only be one relegation space to fill in League One.
    Thing is which way do they turn... Could go experienced but Paul Hurst @ Scunthorpe isnt doing great, nor can I think of one who would be useful that is out of work

Would question if they should consider doing what Shrewsbury did by looking down the Leagues as you've got the likes of Matt Taylor and Mike Duff at Cheltenham doing wonders, maybe they should look at the Conference and find another Ricketts like what Shrewsbury did

Someone from abroad though, is that really the right way to go? - Larsson's name might bring in a few people and so raise the gate receipts but is that better than playing it safe?
    Harris gets the chop at Millwall and goes there, he finished his career there and was born in Orsett which is about 20 miles from Southend
    Well he left Millwall lets see if he goes Southend as I predicted
  • Options
    Questionned on Saturday if Stendel would last much longer