Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Sky commentators were saying that Mansfield have one of the top three food budgets in the League

Wonder if they're going to try and get Steve Evans back there

• Options
    Graham Potter the favourite for the Brighton job. Worked wonders in Sweden & I thought did very well at Swansea last season on a small budget.  An interesting appointment if it happens 
    If Brighton replace Houghton with Potter they deserve to get relegated with Palace next season.
  • Options
    We have this every time a black manager is sacked. He wasn't appointed because he was black and he wasn't sacked because he was black.

Look at more than his colour. The team in poor form, not playing well and just avoided relegation.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Wondered how long this would take to come up.

Whats more likely, the owner appointed him stuck with him and then suddenly woke up and realised he was racist and sacked him

Or the owner didnt feel as tho they were progressing with him and rather stagnating so decided it was time to freshen it up.

Stop bringing racism into everything and looking for it when its not there

Edit: I am not saying racism isnt in football it is and has been shown this year, but it seems pointless to look for it in something that isnt racist at all and in some way harms the kick it out campaign because it seems like people are desperate to find it in everything
  • Options
    Sky commentators were saying that Mansfield have one of the top three budgets in the League

Wonder if they're going to try and get Steve Evans back there
    And they came 4th. Hardly a massive underachievement!

Interesting that they've put the academy boss in charge rather than going for a big name
  • Options
    I still think 17th is above their natural position. There are half a dozen teams in the Championship bigger than them. All I am saying is they should not be sacking managers for being 17th. I think they go down next season.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48248039

Chris Coleman sacked by his Chinese club Hebei China Fortune. What a lousy decision it was to leave Wales and take over at Sunderland!
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate's career will go exactly the same way if he feels he can do better at club level than England
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    We have this every time a black manager is sacked. He wasn't appointed because he was black and he wasn't sacked because he was black.

Look at more than his colour. The team in poor form, not playing well and just avoided relegation.

I agree with you.

His statement "What people don't understand is the real difficulties for black managers getting through the bottle neck at the top of football" . We are talking about measly numbers" is missing the point and doesn't relate to Brighton's poor season.

Like Chris Powell at Southend, if the team performs badly the manager gets the sack and that goes on in any sports, including NFL or basketball.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I suppose Brighton could be considered fortunate not to get relegated. The board have to decide whether their poor showing is down to the manager. I suspect it was more to do with the fact that Brighton are one of the clubs who can get relegated due to budgets etc... But if they think they can get a manager in who is better, well the proof of the pudding will be in the eating next season. I am sure Hughton will get another job soon as I don't see his reputation has been damaged. He got Brighton promoted and he hasn't got them relegated!
  • Options
    I suppose Brighton could be considered fortunate not to get relegated. The board have to decide whether their poor showing is down to the manager. I suspect it was more to do with the fact that Brighton are one of the clubs who can get relegated due to budgets etc... But if they think they can get a manager in who is better, well the proof of the pudding will be in the eating next season. I am sure Hughton will get another job soon as I don't see his reputation has been damaged. He got Brighton promoted and he hasn't got them relegated!
    Already being linked with the West Brom job
  • Options
    Already being linked with the West Brom job
    Good fit that. Reckon he'd get them promoted
  • Options
    Especially if working with Dwight Gayle again (were he to stay @ West Brom from Newcastle)
  • Options
    Chris Coleman sacked after a run of 1 win in 9 games at Hebei China fortune.
  • Options
    Tony Pulis has left Middlesbrough

Jonathan Woodgate taking over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The blokes a dinosaur. Hopefully no other team with give him a job. 
  • Options

The blokes a dinosaur. Hopefully no other team with give him a job. 
    Not a chance, he will be back in charge of a team before the new season kicks off. Plenty of desperate chairmen out there hoping to reach the Holy Grail of football. 
  • Options
    I think fans aren't prepared to accept the Pulis style of football now, the world has moved on when you see what the likes of Norwich and Sheff Utd have achieved this season, both also with small budgets.

Boro scored 49 goals this season, Norwich 93!
    That's good for Boro.
  • Options
    Massimiliano Allegri leaving Juventus.

Who are they likely to bring in? Surely, it won’t be someone like Mourinho? Although I can see it happening as they want the Champions League and Jose has history of doing well in Europe.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Who are they likely to bring in? Surely, it won’t be someone like Mourinho? Although I can see it happening as they want the Champions League and Jose has history of doing well in Europe.
    Only one candidate...

• Options
    Sage said:

Its a strange one.
    Conte was apparently set to take the Inter job but held off when Allegri rumours started. Sounded like Conte was going to return to Juventus, but now it seems more likely he will head to Inter after all.

Maybe Poch could be tempted?
  • Options
    Allegri was in charge for 5 years and lost only 36 games in all competitions. 11 trophies and 2 CL runners up. Incredible record.

I wonder if Man U wish they'd waited until the summer as he'd have been a better appointment than Solksjaer.
  • Options
    Allegri was in charge for 5 years and lost only 36 games in all competitions. 11 trophies and 2 CL runners up. Incredible record.

I wonder if Man U wish they'd waited until the summer as he'd have been a better appointment than Solksjaer.
    Now Allegri is available, they may well give OGS the boot.