Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56387640

Wilder's departure has been confirmed
  • Options
    Jackett gone. Confirmed by Portsmouth 
  • Options
    Watch Portsmouth go on a good run now. Wish we had the balls to make a change.
  • Options
    Watch Portsmouth go on a good run now. 
    Or drop out off the race completely...
  • Options
    Watch Portsmouth go on a good run now. 
    Or drop out off the race completely...
    They're the same as Brentford, have absolutely zero faith in them being able to get promoted if they finish in the Play-Offs regardless of their Manager
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Another club Bowyer played for but not exactly in a good situation now
  • Options

• Options
    A big weekend on the managerial front. Interesting timing from Pompey, as they've been poor for a while but the axe fell after losing in the final of the Papa John's trophy! 

I was puzzled why Birmingham appointed Karanka anyway, who had a pretty average record at Boro.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It feels as though Sheff Utd are going through the same issues as us and Liverpool - they need the fans at Bramall Lane to push them on, reckon they'd recover next season with fans back and Wilder in charge albeit in the Championship. 

Its too convenient that the home form of the three clubs has nose dived since Project Restart despite being so strong under the respective Managers
    Between the resumption of the league and January this year, Liverpool won 10 and drew 3 of their first 13 home games. No fans at Anfield has nothing to do with their poor recent form.
  • Options
    It feels as though Sheff Utd are going through the same issues as us and Liverpool - they need the fans at Bramall Lane to push them on, reckon they'd recover next season with fans back and Wilder in charge albeit in the Championship. 

Its too convenient that the home form of the three clubs has nose dived since Project Restart despite being so strong under the respective Managers
    Between the resumption of the league and January this year, Liverpool won 10 and drew 3 of their first 13 home games. No fans at Anfield has nothing to do with their poor recent form.
    Yup. Easy to forget Liverpool were top of the league on New Years Day.
  • Options
    A big weekend on the managerial front. Interesting timing from Pompey, as they've been poor for a while but the axe fell after losing in the final of the Papa John's trophy! 

I was puzzled why Birmingham appointed Karanka anyway, who had a pretty average record at Boro.
    Got Boro promoted I guess.

Did pretty badly after that and at Forest though!
  • Options
    looks like the Cowleys are off to Pompey until the end of the season at least
  • Options
    I may have missed it, but any reason why Portsmouth only looking for a manager until end of the season (10 or so games). 

If they’re not interested in a permanent manager, surely best to promote from within the club. If we’d brought in Adkins as caretaker manager for 10 games, I’d be rather confused. 
  • Options
    I may have missed it, but any reason why Portsmouth only looking for a manager until end of the season (10 or so games). 

If they’re not interested in a permanent manager, surely best to promote from within the club. If we’d brought in Adkins as caretaker manager for 10 games, I’d be rather confused. 
    it appears to be the modern trend , hedging a bet , if they work out then good, if not, then Pompey are not stuck with a potentially expensive flop .. this has not been confirmed
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56427076

Cowleys confirmed until the end of the season

Puzzled why it's taken so long to actually confirm this, considering it's been known about for several days
  • Options
    if you are listening to R5 (Fulham v Leeds), Bowyer is on for a chat during 1/2 time, around 20.45
  • Options
    Could see Wilder taking them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I'd be surprised. Preston are prudently run but pretty unambitious really

Funnily if they hadn't just taken jobs, you could see likes of Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Bowyer or Adkins being interested!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I'd be surprised. Preston are prudently run but pretty unambitious really

Funnily if they hadn't just taken jobs, you could see likes of Paul Cook, the Cowleys, Bowyer or Adkins being interested!
    Funnily would have been happy with him here @ Charlton

Probably wouldnt drop to League One though
  • Options
    Richie Wellens at Salford gets the sack after 4 months in charge, must've been a disappointment not retaining the EFL trophy

• Options
    Or not holding onto it for long enough.
  • Options
    There's something really unlikeable about Salford, buying their way up the divisions, and with an expectation that it will keep happening, summed up by them sacking Alexander when they were 5th, and Wellens when they are 9th
  • Options
    There's something really unlikeable about Salford, buying their way up the divisions, and with an expectation that it will keep happening, summed up by them sacking Alexander when they were 5th, and Wellens when they are 9th
    as I said on here months ago, not a football club, just a vanity project, and despite the propaganda re the 'class of 92', the majority shareholder is a Singaporean businessman. 
  • Options
    All teams are a vanity project. 
  • Options
    Seems like an odd decision to sack manager. EFL trophy success, 6 points off play offs with a game in hand, best defence in the league. 
  • Options
    Former Blackburn and Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer has been appointed as Salford City's new manager, following the departure of Richie Wellens.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56495205