Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you could forget some things in this life...

2»

Comments

• c****** p***** f****** c***
  • Once called a mate's girlfriend a 'fat ugly moose'. This was back in about 1995. They're still together to this day, and she's never forgiven me for it. Feel awful because she's lovely, and I was just being a cunt - like I often am. As a result, I lost any chance I had of developing a friendship with her, and still feel awful every time I'm around her. I don't do 'regrets' that often, but that's one I'd like back.

Have you ever tried apologising for it and that it was just you being a c**t?
    Yeah - I offered the olive branch a few years ago - was rejected. Shit happens I suppose - I didn't do it to make myself feel better, I did it to genuinely apologise, but she clearly wasn't interested.
    I wouldnt worry about it then...

If you've tried to apologise then fair enough, it seems like she's someone who needs to grow up
    Maybe try telling her you don't think she's a fat ugly moose, in fact you've cracked a few off over the years thinking about her. That should work.
    .......and he's back in the room.

I was worried reading your empathetic advice in the B.O thread.
    Phew.......
  • The day I went on Jim'll fix it

Especially as he fixed it for you to play the didgeridoo with Rolf Harris.
    Not quite, he raped me.
  • Leon Clarke's Charlton debut.
  • Yann Kermorgant - you can't miss what you never had!
  • The day I went on Jim'll fix it

Especially as he fixed it for you to play the didgeridoo with Rolf Harris.
    Can you tell what it is yet

Pray to god its not his extra leg
  • Being told I stink of B.O.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not being told you stink of B.O although you know everyone has been muttering about it all day and you thought the strange bloke in the corner was going to have a word about your gangrenous foot smell for a couple of hours as he was clearly not working but he must have bottled it.
  • My 3 consecutive CL pasword
  • That Karel Fraeye was our manager.
  • That my Dad who was from Bermondsey took me to the Old Den for Two years from age 8.
    I was so grateful to Childline and Esther Rantzen for getting this abuse stopped.
  • 'What would they be, and why?'

1) What

2) Why

Just look around you. Lots of confused, sad and angry people.

The Witch is dead, but the spell remains.
  • Getting p***** in Brighton last season......
  • Getting p***** in Brighton last season......

Dont be a sore arse
  • LuckyReds said:

My time at primary school; a combination of incredible c*ntitude and ineptitude by the entirety of the staff there left me with quite a few scars and issues to contend with during my late teenage years - 10 years later.

Something I've never posted here before, but waking up at 18 after being unconscious for the best part of 3 days, after an overdose. I lay the blame for that with myself obviously, but still feel the wheels were put in motion about 12 years before.

It's weird, I often think I wouldn't change a thing - as everything in my life has impacted and shaped me in to who I am today. Yet I live near a primary school and often see little kids and think, "You've got to be a right c*nt to work with kids but not really give a shit about their wellbeing.".

I felt really sad reading that. Most primary school staff I worked with were genuinely decent people who cared about the children they taught , but it is also true to say that I also met some deeply unpleasant people who had no place in an educational environment for young children. They were, to be blunt, hideous creatures.
    But I hope you have managed to put whatever happened behind you now, and I just wish there had been the right people to help you back then when you needed it.

• When I was 14 I went to sleepover at a girl's house I really liked. Years after, in hindsight, I realised she liked me too and it was set up for me to get together with her. But I wasn't very mature at 14, and I missed my chance. Instead of snuggling up with her, I farted and fell asleep.

I'd give my right eye to forget that.

• You lot have convinced me.

I'm going to grab the bull by the horns, and have a chat with my mate. See if I can't broach the subject again with her.

Maybe go out for a meal with them or something, to show that I'm contrite about it, then bring it up in an offhand manner, not making too big a thing of it. Like "remember when we were young, we used to say and do all sorts of stupid things". Kind of segue into it like that?

Maybe I should ask @cabbles for advice on how to tackle thorny issues like this?
  • Sponsored links:

I'm going to grab the bull by the horns, and have a chat with my mate. See if I can't broach the subject again with her.

Maybe go out for a meal with them or something, to show that I'm contrite about it, then bring it up in an offhand manner, not making too big a thing of it. Like "remember when we were young, we used to say and do all sorts of stupid things". Kind of segue into it like that?

Maybe I should ask @cabbles for advice on how to tackle thorny issues like this?

"You remember when I called you a fat ugly moose? Well 21 years later I've realised something, you're not a moose."
  • @Leroy Ambrose, perhaps she had a thing for you...despite going out with your mate...
  • edited September 2016
    Fiiish said:

You lot have convinced me.

"You remember when I called you a fat ugly moose? Well 21 years later I've realised something, you're not a moose."
    Just call her it again to ensure she doesn't talk to you again for another 21 years.

Ask her for a threesome to prove you really mean it.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

@Leroy Ambrose, perhaps she had a thing for you...despite going out with your mate...

Quite possible. Likely, in fact. Cos - handsome motherfucker.
  • Erm, so if I could forget some things in this life...

How I treated my parents from early teens through to say 2-3 years ago, especially my Dad. We are too similar and just end up clashing over every little thing. It was only when I met my new wife a couple of years ago, that she made me see another side to him. We ended up going away on holiday with my parents at her suggestion and I don't know what has happened but we seem to be best mates now. Long may that continue.

The fairly recent family dispute between my parents and my so-called Uncle over the care of my Nan. An awful lot of unnecessary sh*t purely because my Uncle refused to help my parents out for a couple of weeks while they had a well earned holiday. Sadly, my Nan passed away at the beginning of this year at the grand old age of 97, with my Mum and her brother at her bedside but they won't ever speak again now, sadly.

Refer to the regrets thread we had on here not so long ago...
  • edited September 2016
    I had a similar thing going on with my mothergrubbing aunt. This is why I have a pathological hatred of Gillingham, because she supports them.

Anyway, I'll try and keep it light. Years ago, I was busy buying up Tim Buckley albums over a number of weeks from a Soho record shop and being served every time by a stunningly attractive brunette who was also a fan and mentioned that Buckley's son Jeff was playing in London the next night and would I like to go and see him with her. My absolute bell-end of a reply was, 'Why would I want to go and see Tim Buckley's son?' This absolute model-calibre stunner was asking me out and to top it all I didn't realise how bloody fantastic Jeff Buckley was until after he died. It was like Daisy Lowe asking me out and me turning her down because of music snobbery.

So I could've seen Jeff Buckley and possibly got a portion from this dream girl. What a night that would've been. That's eaten me up for years, that has. Stupid, stupid.
  • 3blokes said:

LuckyReds said:

My time at primary school; a combination of incredible c*ntitude and ineptitude by the entirety of the staff there left me with quite a few scars and issues to contend with during my late teenage years - 10 years later.

Something I've never posted here before, but waking up at 18 after being unconscious for the best part of 3 days, after an overdose. I lay the blame for that with myself obviously, but still feel the wheels were put in motion about 12 years before.

It's weird, I often think I wouldn't change a thing - as everything in my life has impacted and shaped me in to who I am today. Yet I live near a primary school and often see little kids and think, "You've got to be a right c*nt to work with kids but not really give a shit about their wellbeing.".

I felt really sad reading that. Most primary school staff I worked with were genuinely decent people who cared about the children they taught , but it is also true to say that I also met some deeply unpleasant people who had no place in an educational environment for young children. They were, to be blunt, hideous creatures.
    But I hope you have managed to put whatever happened behind you now, and I just wish there had been the right people to help you back then when you needed it.

Thanks, mate. I'm not entirely sure how, but everything has worked out perfectly since I was 18. I can't grasp it myself, but have heard it from other people too, waking up and realising I'm still here seemed to give me something I'd been lacking before.

The hilarious thing is, I now live with a primary school teacher.. And she's now the SENCO for her school! It also means I've been to a fair few teacher-socials in the last 2 years.. It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Often she'll come in and let off steam about stuff that's happening, and I often let her know that I have a great deal of respect for her and wish I'd had someone like that fighting my corner when I was a kid. Vice versa, she gets angry if I ever share my own experiences.

I was a bit harsh on the staff to be entirely fair, and obviously it was the less professional ones who left a bigger impact. Unfortunately the teaching staff were often just qualified and shipped in from Ireland, the Irish headteacher seemed to have a constant supply of young women from Dublin. Something I rather envy him for now to be honest ;)
  • One man one jar
  • dizzee said:

One man one jar

I winced every time I went to the bog for a few days after seeing that... :(