Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton aiming to rise again against backdrop of fury and boycotts - The Guardian

Comments

• Stig said:

Is it only me that feels uncomfortable with the slating John Commerford is getting? After all, the offending 'quote' was unattributed. If we can prove it's him then fair enough, but isn't there room for some doubt here?

Apparently, that's how it works these days - tried, convicted and executed in the court of social media!!
  • dickplumb said:

I know John Commerford and he is an arsehole', always has been.

Have you been going since 1952 as well ...
  • Stig said:

Is it only me that feels uncomfortable with the slating John Commerford is getting? After all, the offending 'quote' was unattributed. If we can prove it's him then fair enough, but isn't there room for some doubt here?

There isn't any doubt whatsoever!
  • edited September 2016
    Stig said:

You've got a valid point, innocent until proven guilty. Of course he or one if his cohorts who post on here could always speak up to put the record straight :open_mouth: .

I mean what's to hide if you really believe in what you have spouted off to the national press?
  • CAFC Facts & Stats ‏@CafcFacts 21m21 minutes ago
    Season tickets sold at #cafc 10/11 - 16/17

10/11: 9,572 £??
    11/12: 9,663 £??
    12/13: 11,611 £??
    13/14: 10,025 £??
    14/15: 10,266 £??
    15/16: 10,278 £??
    16/17: 6,297 £??

Excellent twitter account BTW, well worth a follow

How much revenue did each year bring? might show an even worse picture.

• Sadly, CAFC has a fair number of sycophants, but this is not unique in the world of professional sports clubs. This 'spokesperson' from the EKA has merely displayed and made public his gullibility and perhaps he should be pitied rather than pilloried.

Can't we do both?
  • edited September 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

Are we really to believe that there are 6,297 season ticket holders?

I don't believe that.

That'll probably include 1000 complimentaries to target 20k and EKA...........oh hang on a minute there's only about 50 of them. Back to the drawing board :wink: .

How far back would you have to go until it was less than 6,297?
  • Sponsored links:

Mid 90s

Mid 90s
    Wow, two words, 'total disenfranchisement '.
  • RedChaser said:

CAFC Facts & Stats ‏@CafcFacts 21m21 minutes ago

Mid 90s
    Wow, two words, 'Roland Out'.
  • edited September 2016
    A decent article, for the most part. A sad fact arising from this episode in our club's history is that the fan base is not united, and differences may be exploited. That said, total unity was never likely to happen. It's a shame that it took so long for an opposition to the owner's way of doing things to be realised. Some people will keep attending at The Valley, albeit in smaller numbers than was the case, and others will look at the situation from a distance with a heavy heart. We have the memories of the good times, of course, but seeing our famous club playing in the third tier of football (because of a huge 'unforced error'), at a two-thirds empty stadium, with an absentee owner calling the tune, is galling.
  • RedChaser said:

CAFC Facts & Stats ‏@CafcFacts 21m21 minutes ago

Mid 90s
    Wow, two words, 'Roland Out'.
    Right the August moratorium is over time to ramp up the protests again.
  • Meire is pure poison and always will be, Roly is totally bonkers and as for the EKA, read Brown Nosers Utd.
  • It was me I wrote it I thought it was the daily sport asking the questions
  • It was me I wrote it I thought it was the daily sport asking the questions

They moved north London to east Kent then? :wink:
  • I wonder how The Guardian obtained the quote from the EK spokesperson ?
    Did they contact him, if so how ?
    Did he contact them ?
  • Sponsored links:

• It is absolutely mindblowing how anybody can still say anything good about the Belgians.

• Hahahaha east kent addicks jesus

Did you mean Jesus or Judas
  • I even wonder if the club and their posh PR agency Pitch tried to place the quote from the spokesman as part of a positive spin article? Headline might suggest that too. Fortunately the journalist did not fall for it.

Apologies if I am doing a disservice to anyone in CARD with this suggestion.
  • It is absolutely mindblowing how anybody can still say anything good about the Belgians.

Daphne does. Oops, in trouble again
  • I even wonder if the club and their posh PR agency Pitch tried to place the quote from the spokesman as part of a positive spin article? Headline might suggest that too. Fortunately the journalist did not fall for it.

Club was clearly playing ball and driving the piece by providing the unpublished ST number.

Wonder of the 6,297 hoe many have actually paid and how many are allocated freebies
  • I don't want to have a go at a fellow supporter, but to say they are being totally used and misled by the club is a huge understatement, what does it take for people to see that they are being used as a defence shield?

Tea and biscuits , a free ticket or a special chat with the chief exec , doesn't seem to take much by all accounts, love truly is blind.

I don't believe the club initiated this article. AFAIK the journalist contacted CARD and then went to the club for a response, but was always looking to reflect both sides of the story.
  • Fair enough @Airman Brown - I was just speculating.