Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colin Murray departs Talk Sport

2»

Comments

• Get ready to turn the volume down then.
  • fair play to him for sticking to his principles BUT get over it.

Truly bizarre statement!!
  • Georgie and Josh have both left fighting talk as hosts. Maybe Murray will go back when new series starts in a couple of weeks
  • Maybe it's just me but I don't understand fighting talk , what's the silly noises all about?
    The bell is 1 point, the arrow 2, hallelujah 3.
    There's also a sound for 1 point away which I can't describe but you'd know it's a point away if you hear it. If that makes sense.
  • buckshee said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand fighting talk , what's the silly noises all about?

Me neither. Those stupid bells going off all the time .
  • buckshee said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand fighting talk , what's the silly noises all about?

It's the one thing that stops me listening to it.
  • buckshee said:

buckshee said:

the one thing/person that stopped me listening was Murray
  • A true fan as a presenter - what's there not to like about Colin and his reports from the Euros when following Norn Ireland were legendary in my book!
  • DA9 said:

Jim White takes over on Monday morning

Interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought talksport was always owned by Murdoch.
    When Gray and Keyes were removed from sky they were moved to talk sport.
  • Still awaiting Micky 'Mr Liverpool' Quinn's resignation...
  • New season of fighting talk starts Saturday. Colin Murray new/old host
  • Off_it said:

J BLOCK said:

If my employers were taken over by someone whose morals I detested I would leave too.

I wouldn't
    Does that make you proud?
    Makes me a realist. I have a mortgage to pay. Hope that high horse is treating you well.
  • I thought talksport was always owned by Murdoch.
    When Gray and Keyes were removed from sky they were moved to talk sport.

My understanding is that Kelvin McKenzie led a consortium that took over Talk Radio in the 90s, leading to the TalkSport rebrand. News International part-financed the deal, which means Murdoch had a connection but wasn't the outright owner. Not publically at least. It was sold off in 2005 but there were definitely working connections between News Intl.'s sister companies.

• Still awaiting Micky 'Mr Liverpool' Quinn's resignation...

Or Danny Murphy
    Or Dietmar Hamman

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Same, I find him very annoying to listen to. I now have Talk Sport on again from 10am, I didn't when Murray was running the show. Nothing wrong with the guy per se, he just gets on my nerves.

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Same, I find him very annoying to listen to. I now have Talk Sport on again from 10am, I didn't when Murray was running the show. Nothing wrong with the guy per se, he just gets on my nerves.
    Whereas I think Jim White has come in and tried to keep the same format which is a mistake, as the guest presenters are still good but White just comes across as a shouty over trying bloke.

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

rumour is that he (Murray) is back doing 'fighting talk' .. no prob to me as I gave up listening years ago .. BUT I wonder if Murray's principled resignation as a result (so he claims) of the Murdoch take over was ameliorated by the offer of a comeback with Auntie .. my cynicism is simply that I cannot stand Murray per se .. it's irrational I know

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

rumour is that he (Murray) is back doing 'fighting talk' .. no prob to me as I gave up listening years ago .. BUT I wonder if Murray's principled resignation as a result (so he claims) of the Murdoch take over was ameliorated by the offer of a comeback with Auntie .. my cynicism is simply that I cannot stand Murray per se .. it's irrational I know
    No rumour, that's been confirmed
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Whereas I think Jim White has come in and tried to keep the same format which is a mistake, as the guest presenters are still good but White just comes across as a shouty over trying bloke.
    He is a bit shouty, admittedly. But I find him less annoying than Murray I guess. Often when a popular presenter leaves it takes a few goes to get someone who is a good fit. I see Jim White as a bit of an interim appointment until someone 'proper' comes to fill the void. No idea who that might be however.
  • cfgs said:

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

He is a bit shouty, admittedly. But I find him less annoying than Murray I guess. Often when a popular presenter leaves it takes a few goes to get someone who is a good fit. I see Jim White as a bit of an interim appointment until someone 'proper' comes to fill the void. No idea who that might be however.
    Probably
  • Picked him up in my cab once. Very friendly chap, talked football all the way. His girlfriend/wife seemed resigned to the fact
  • Can't stand Jim White . He can't go 10 minutes without mentioning Scotland .
  • buckshee said:

Still awaiting Micky 'Mr Liverpool' Quinn's resignation...

Or Danny Murphy
    Or Dietmar Hamman
    Or Tony Evans it seems.
  • edited September 2016
    Colin back in the fighting talk hotseat with Buncey banter. Show on now. First show after three years away.
  • Have they got rid of those irritating bells ?