Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Credit where credits due!

13»

Comments

• Fiiiiiish said:

We are a team with little creativity or attacking flair, if we sold Lookman on deadline day it would have been one of the most idiotic (impressive for them) ideas to be conjoured up at the club.

They have sold top quality for shit prices and made continual balls ups, still.

A trained chimp could see we needed strength in cm, but here we are, light in cm.

No credit, doing your job with an ounce of common sense is expected.

I agree we do seem to have a significant contingent of fairly short players.
  • I'm sorry but it just doesn't add up.

You don't sell your assets carelessly and then all of a sudden apparently "heroically" keep a player and reject a bid of an apparent 4million. Which would be huge for the club and huge for the owner. (Considering the way he does business)

It's a cock and bollocks story.

Maybe slade said he'd walk?

Maybe they were scared of the big backlash from the fans coming their way? It was palace.

If anything this has played right into the regimes hands.

Maybe for once they are thinking ahead......

Hmmmm considering we have a paper thin-ish squad and can't loan anyone after the window.....we should delay the sale of lookman let him tear up league one and flog him off for a much higher price!

Hopefully it might eventually be a number that gets Roland's money back then he can start satisfactorily thinking of selling the club. Would be the catalyst - got some money back, job done.
  • She'd long gone home when the bids came in.
  • edited September 2016

Blimey what happened to optimism and dare I say it 'MOVING ON'. I want to enjoy this season and at present with Slade in charge and what looks to be an ok group of players there is no reason not to look forward to charlton games. FEELING HATRED FOR PEOPLE GETS ONES SENSE OF CONTENTMENT NOWHERE.

• If there is credit to be taken (and that's a big if), there's a heck of lot more debit to be taken. Who knows why they didn't sell? It's likely that something other than the monetary offer killed any deal.
  • Expensive PR company engaged.

Club says they resisted a bid for Fox way in excess of what he'll ever be worth.

Coffee and wake the smell up.
  • rikofold said:

Expensive PR company engaged.

Club says they resisted a bid for Fox way in excess of what he'll ever be worth.

Coffee and wake the smell up.

Spot on.

Everything they say and do is bollocks, always has been, always will.
  • Do not ask for credit as rejection often offends.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016

Blimey what happened to optimism and dare I say it 'MOVING ON'. I want to enjoy this season and at present with Slade in charge and what looks to be an ok group of players there is no reason not to look forward to charlton games. FEELING HATRED FOR PEOPLE GETS ONES SENSE OF CONTENTMENT NOWHERE.

Where have you been?

We all "want" to enjoy the season, of course we do. But for some of us supporting the club involves a little bit more than just turning up, taking the shit they feed you and being happy. Little bit more than a hot dog, you know what I mean?

• edited September 2016
    They get no credit from me, particularly whilst we are still in League One. At the minimum they owe us Championship football, because that's where we were before they arrived and started meddling. If we do manage to nick one of the three promotion spots and they can improve on our 9th placed position under the spivs, then I might take another look at it and wonder if they really have turned a corner. Until then, I'll carry on protesting to get them out.
  • Thinks momentarily about giving them credit, thinks about Thomas Driesen...

• Blimey what happened to optimism and dare I say it 'MOVING ON'. I want to enjoy this season and at present with Slade in charge and what looks to be an ok group of players there is no reason not to look forward to charlton games. FEELING HATRED FOR PEOPLE GETS ONES SENSE OF CONTENTMENT NOWHERE.

Please enjoy yourself, I admire your optimism but please have a look at what you are being served up now and also think back a season or two.
    The players we now have may well be "OK " for this league but they are not OK for me and for that matter neither is Slade, he wasn't the man that this mob wanted. So how good can he be ? Second fiddle at this club isn't a glowing reference.
    Please let us know your ambitions for our club, mine never had scraping results in the third tier of English football.
  • Blimey what happened to optimism and dare I say it 'MOVING ON'. I want to enjoy this season and at present with Slade in charge and what looks to be an ok group of players there is no reason not to look forward to charlton games. FEELING HATRED FOR PEOPLE GETS ONES SENSE OF CONTENTMENT NOWHERE.

Who shouted anything about moving on?

The moving on can start once these dicks have no more influence on our club and not before for me. Too much water under the bridge.