Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Credit where credits due!

Very pleased the board stayed strong and didn't sell Lookman esp to Palace!

4.5 million isn't a bad offer but do think he is worth more. Nor is 2 million for Fox.

Like many fans I have been very critically of the board so I think it's only fair to applaude them when a good decision is made!

Comments

• Very pleased the board stayed strong and didn't sell Lookman esp to Palace!

4.5 million isn't a bad offer but do think he is worth more. Nor is 2 million for Fox.

Like many fans I have been very critically of the board so I think it's only fair to applaude them when a good decision is made!

Never going to happen...
  • But were we bid those figures?
  • Fully agree that credit is due. But as far as Meire is concerned, there has been too much said and done to forgive and forget and the fact remains she is a little girl out of her depth. And nothing changes the fact that Duchatalet has to go and he simply cannot be trusted not to interfere at some point, even if he is behaving at the moment.
  • Not washing with me.

The summer was a shit show. All starting with that tart going on holiday before the season finished. Then the players being sent away without any diet/fitness plan. The fire sale, and even now if we look at the centre of midfield we are still short. It makes you look at what Slade has done since he came in and it's nothing short of impressive.
  • Not washing with me.

The summer was a shit show. All starting with that tart going on holiday before the season finished. Then the players being sent away without any diet/fitness plan. The fire sale, and even now if we look at the centre of midfield we are still short. It makes you look at what Slade has done since he came in and it's nothing short of impressive.

The lack of quality in midfield is the issue, and it hasn't been completely addressed, good as our new Norwegian may prove to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 million for fox would of been a great deal, but unfortunately our board ballsed it up by selling THD for a paltry sum too early.
  • Give them credit for not selling our most valuable player on the last day of the transfer window to one of our most hated rivals?

Why do they deserve credit for that?
  • Give them credit for not selling our most valuable player on the last day of the transfer window to one of our most hated rivals?

Reminds me of that Chris Rock sketch !
  • Palace were not interested in Lookman.
  • If the regime made all the right moves from day 1 we wouldnt even be in this division, and subsequently it would be even harder for other clubs to plunder our best players.

Still, its a big improvement on previous policy, I just wish it didnt take a relegation to get there.

If we end up winning the league by a mile a lot of people could warm to RD, but for some they will never change their opinion even if we end up back in the prem under him.
  • 2 million for fox would of been a great deal, but unfortunately our board ballsed it up by selling THD for a paltry sum too early.

So what was THD worth then?
  • And not an ounce of credit from me.

As stated above, these are the f***wits who sold Cousins and Gudmundsson for a total of £4m. You can see how ridiculous this is by the fees changing hands yesterday.

And be in no doubt if the offer for Lookman had suited them he would be gone this morning.

Get lost Douchbag and Squirrel Face.
  • Were we actually offered £4m+ upfront for Lookman ?
  • Sponsored links:

So what was THD worth then?
    no idea but I wouldn't of sold him in the first place. not yet anyway.

and if they knew there was interest in fox which there has been over the last season or so I would of let him go, knowing that the price for fox would of been a lot more. instead they sell thd and bring in the chicken guy who we know nothing about as replacement for one of our youngsters. I don't know if thd would become better than fox but for me fox has not improved for a while and still makes mistakes every game.

personally I wouldn't of sold either of them but 2 million would of been much harder to ignore than say 200 thousand.
  • CAFCTrev said:

If we end up winning the league by a mile a lot of people could warm to RD, but for some they will never change their opinion even if we end up back in the prem under him.

I don't think we will have to worry about that any time soon.
  • se9addick said:

Were we actually offered £4m+ upfront for Lookman ?

But does it matter?. He didn't go....
  • se9addick said:

Were we actually offered £4m+ upfront for Lookman ?

But does it matter?. He didn't go....
    I think it is a bit of non-story.

If there was £4 on the table let alone £4m this mob would not hesitate to remove him from the payroll.
  • Nicholas said:

Bollocks to them, Slade already said there was no major outgoings and there was going to be 2-3 in comings. We signed 1 midfielder on Loan which is not enough. They have banged on long enough how they dont have to sell the kids straight away yet were thanking them for not selling Lookman. Balls to them.

How quickly we forget atomic Chicksen
  • I doubt he was on Slades list when he said he wanted 2-3 in. That was before we sold THD.
  • se9addick said:

Give them credit for not selling our most valuable player on the last day of the transfer window to one of our most hated rivals?

Reminds me of that Chris Rock sketch !
  • These lot are always seconds away from disaster. I'm in the brace position.