Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fitbit

123457»

Comments

• just bought my missus a fitbit, she's obsessed by it now
  • I've had a Fitbit since around Christmas after buying my wife one it looked like a bit of fun and as you say, could motivate people to do that little bit extra. My motivation is a little bit different and staring at me right now to go for a walk, ;) you can track yourself on the phone and there's a CL table somewhere on here you can join. I wore mine once to bed and was horrified to find the interruptions to my sleep during the night meant I was only sleeping around 4 hours on average. Mine is the charge 2.
  • T.C.E said:

I've had a Fitbit since around Christmas after buying my wife one it looked like a bit of fun and as you say, could motivate people to do that little bit extra. My motivation is a little bit different and staring at me right now to go for a walk, ;) you can track yourself on the phone and there's a CL table somewhere on here you can join. I wore mine once to bed and was horrified to find the interruptions to my sleep during the night meant I was only sleeping around 4 hours on average. Mine is the charge 2.

Thanks TCE, I've gone ahead and bought a Flex 2. It's pretty basic but it is waterproof which will be useful for swimming, and once the novelty wears off I'll only want to check my progress once or twice a day so don't need a screen etc.

I've joined the group but can't seem to find it on my iPhone app. Not that it matters as I'm only really using it to make sure that I don't end up sitting around all day long and I can do that by comparing what I do from one day to the next.
  • 1000 days since I turned 50, have done over 15 million steps, averaging over 7 1/2 miles a day.

Where can you find that information?
    Now I have use of private fields I'm out with my dogs for ages and loving it.
  • edited September 2017
    T.C.E said:

1000 days since I turned 50, have done over 15 million steps, averaging over 7 1/2 miles a day.

Where can you find that information?
    Now I have use of private fields I'm out with my dogs for ages and loving it.
    A lot of the data is from when I had a jawbone. I downloaded it to a spreadsheet then added the monthly figures from my Fitbit dashboard. Need to get to the end of Nov to complete a full year of at least 6 miles in a day.

• T.C.E said:

I've had a Fitbit since around Christmas after buying my wife one it looked like a bit of fun and as you say, could motivate people to do that little bit extra. My motivation is a little bit different and staring at me right now to go for a walk, ;) you can track yourself on the phone and there's a CL table somewhere on here you can join. I wore mine once to bed and was horrified to find the interruptions to my sleep during the night meant I was only sleeping around 4 hours on average. Mine is the charge 2.

Thanks TCE, I've gone ahead and bought a Flex 2. It's pretty basic but it is waterproof which will be useful for swimming, and once the novelty wears off I'll only want to check my progress once or twice a day so don't need a screen etc.

I've joined the group but can't seem to find it on my iPhone app. Not that it matters as I'm only really using it to make sure that I don't end up sitting around all day long and I can do that by comparing what I do from one day to the next.
    Hi @kings hill addick

It seems you will not find the activity group on the IOS versions of the Fitbit app, but only on the desktop version (on your main computer). Am I right, people?

I just checked it and note that I am in September I am in 4th position out of 23, but that won't last, it is due to our holiday at the beginning of the month. No 1 is our man @T.C.E , which shows you one of the many health benefits of owning a dog...
  • Thanks PA. I managed to put a link on the home page of my iPhone so it opens in Safari.

Yes TCE mustn't need a sofa, he obviously never sits down!
  • Got a flex 2 a few weeks ago. Very good. Easy to Bluetooth to my phone and does exactly what I want. Been averaging about 20,000 steps a day, although I don't agree with the KM's it says I've been doing. Anywhere I can change KM to miles?
  • I think the steps are commuted into KM so if you do something sitting down that records movement is registered steps which is then converts into KM.

I can't find any way to convert to miles in the iPhone app but you might be able to do it on a PC (or Mac) I don't know.

I also have a flex 2 and apart from the battery needing robbery charged often it is great and isn't too big on my wrist.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

Thanks PA. I managed to put a link on the home page of my iPhone so it opens in Safari.

Yes TCE mustn't need a sofa, he obviously never sits down!

Two days sick this week meant the sofa was maxed out. Now I have to stay fit ish for the tests I'm about to have. Walking in a field with a bit of music and these guys is plenty of motivation for meimage
  • I've had mine for maybe 3-4 months. It's good, it's helped me keep track of activity vs. calories. I still can't seem to lose weight but that's another subject.

This should be a direct link to the Charlton Life group. It beats going through every group that starts with "ch" because they don't have a search function

https://www.fitbit.com/group/22YQNJ
  • 1000 days since I turned 50, have done over 15 million steps, averaging over 7 1/2 miles a day.

Has Mrs Guinness caught up with you yet G??? :wink:
  • Maybe worth mentioning, re weight and diet. Mrs Prague went to a nutrition clinic, and then later sent me there. They impressed on us the importance of drinking enough water each day. We both thought we knew that, but the clinic needs its clients to log all their food and drink intake. We used the Fitbit app to do that for the water, and were really surprised to find we were not drinking as much as we thought. Once we did, we started to get results. Mrs P lost 10kgs in just over 3 months, not that she was that overweight in the first place. I lost 4kgs. The clinic wants me to drink 2.5 litres a day. I don't find that easy, but once I was in that zone, I felt a whole lot better. Drinking a lot of water helps you curb your appetite too.
  • Isn't beer mostely water?
  • Isn't beer mostely water?

We must drink in the same pubs. ;)
    Just found some data since I got this early Dec 16
    Just under 5.5 million steps, totalling just over 2500 miles
  • Anybody know if this group still exists? I can't find how to access it any more. Fitbit seem to say that groups are now accessible via the IOS app, (and no longer the desktop) but I cannot for the life of me find how to access it (any group, but I only belonged to this one)
  • edited December 2019
    5 years to the day, that I started using fitness tracers. First was a jawbone tracker and then a Fitbit, During that time I've totalled just under 27 Million steps averaging just under 15K a day, Despite that I managed to put 2 st back on that I lost before I turned 50. So in Jan, back to using myfitness app to record my eating.

Best day during that time, was over 60K last year on the the UpBeats walk day, looking to try for 100K on the next UpBeats day.
  • How are all the Fitbit users getting on?  I started using one earlier this year and it's been utterly transformational.
  • Be interesting to see what Google does with Fitbit long term, kill it or keep it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    How are all the Fitbit users getting on?  I started using one earlier this year and it's been utterly transformational.
    Exellent for masturbating about people you don’t like. Strokes per minute, calories burned etc  o:)
  • Rothko said:
    Be interesting to see what Google does with Fitbit long term, kill it or keep it? 
    Oh I definitely think they'll keep it. And in the short to medium term keep the brand as well. But what they're going to do with it is use it to track people and get more data on them, and maybe, maybe, use it as a way to get into the health care space again. The latter as more of a hook in, like "we sync with your FitBit and can add it to your health record."  
  • edited May 2020
    Chizz said:
    How are all the Fitbit users getting on?  I started using one earlier this year and it's been utterly transformational.
    Yep, I’d agree with that. It’s just a pity they did away with the groups, for no obvious good reason, there was quite a good CL one, with about 25 members. Generally you’d find @T_C_E (aided by his dogs) running away with it at the top with another geezer who I think was called Paul, and the rest of us happy with mid-table mediocrity. 
  • 5 years to the day, that I started using fitness tracers. First was a jawbone tracker and then a Fitbit, During that time I've totalled just under 27 Million steps averaging just under 15K a day, Despite that I managed to put 2 st back on that I lost before I turned 50. So in Jan, back to using myfitness app to record my eating.

Best day during that time, was over 60K last year on the the UpBeats walk day, looking to try for 100K on the next UpBeats day.
    Yesterday was the first UpBeats walk since I did 60K in a day, didn't get to 100K but done just over 65Ksteps (30 miles). I now know to get to 100K in a day, it won't be on an UpBeats day, as going to the pub for a few pints of Guinness and then watching the game, means that you are losing about 4 hours of walking time.