Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bolton | Sat 27 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-1 Magennis, Ajose and Jackson
  • Options

Just been told who the new players @Redhenry and @WhenIwasLittleBoy are getting excited about are.

If they sign in time then 4 - 0 Charlton, if not 1 - 1.

Well they need to sign before midday tomorrow...
  • Options
    Spill.
  • Options
    Just received the club's marketing email.

Does anyone actually understand the "head to head" statistics they are using this season?

Charlton v Bolton
    Home wins: 22 vs 29
    Away wins: 1 vs 3
    Goals: 105 vs 148

WTF? (or is it just me being thick, which is a definite possibility)
  • Options
    charlton have won 22 games at home vs bolton, bolton have won 29 games at home vs charlton. Follow that theme through the stats
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Spill.

I promised @WhenIwasLittleBoy and @redhenry I wouldn't say as otherwise Colin Sams would get jealous.

It's not as exciting as they are making out anyway. WIOTOS as always.
  • Options
    First game at the valley since Powell come back with Huddersfield and we lost that 3-0 or 3-1 if I remember, so not looking good with another ex manager coming back in parky 3-1 to Bolton.
  • Options

charlton have won 22 games at home vs bolton, bolton have won 29 games at home vs charlton. Follow that theme through the stats

So there have been only 4 away wins by anyone in the entire history of these fixtures? And only 1 by us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AshBurton said:

So there have been only 4 away wins by anyone in the entire history of these fixtures? And only 1 by us?
    Sounds like it mate
  • Options

AshBurton said:

Sounds like it mate
    Seems they got it wrong, i can find at least 3 league games since 1947 that we have won away at bolton
  • Options

AshBurton said:

Sounds like it mate
    Seems they got it wrong, i can find at least 3 league games since 1947 that we have won away at bolton
    its 5, 2002, 2000, 1955, 1953, 1947
  • Options
    Bolton many have the edge in midfield with Spearing, Davies and Trotter. I can see this one ending all square.
  • Options

AshBurton said:

Sounds like it mate
    its 5, 2002, 2000, 1955, 1953, 1947
    Oh well, even if the stats are in fact bollox, I think we should cut them some slack. It's not as if the club messes up its comms very often.
  • Options
    Looks very close to me, sober I'd go draw, but as I'm a little tipsy 2-1 seems about right, looking up.
  • Options
    Bolton have won all 4 games.
    However, they have been by one goal margins and have included games v the bottom 2.
    The highest placed team they have beaten is 12th.

I'l go 1-1, but I'm usually wrong.
  • Options

First game at the valley since Powell come back with Huddersfield and we lost that 3-0 or 3-1 if I remember, so not looking good with another ex manager coming back in parky 3-1 to Bolton.

I thought we won first time as that was the game that Watt ran them ragged and we beat them 3-0... Powell then returned with Huddersfield last season and won the game at the Valley just before being sackrd
  • Options

Just been told who the new players @Redhenry and @WhenIwasLittleBoy are getting excited about are.

If they sign in time then 4 - 0 Charlton, if not 1 - 1.

So a clean sheet for Joe Hart on his debut then
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Spill.

I promised @WhenIwasLittleBoy and @redhenry I wouldn't say as otherwise Colin Sams would get jealous.

It's not as exciting as they are making out anyway. WIOTOS as always.
    U never to me Henry Irving
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going with both my daughters, as we rarely see a win when all three of us are there I reckon it's time for a change and to follow on from Walsall.....

3-1 win.
  • Options
    It is the midfield that concerns me in this one too. Don't lose that aspect and I expect a positive result in a tight game!
  • Options
    They have some very good players at this level and will be full of confidence after their unbeaten start. Wouldn't mind a draw, but a win would send a real message to the rest of the league and have a sneaky feeling we could scrape it. 1-0, another for Ajose.
  • Options

They have some very good players at this level and will be full of confidence after their unbeaten start. Wouldn't mind a draw, but a win would send a real message to the rest of the league and have a sneaky feeling we could scrape it. 1-0, another for Ajose.

Much more subtle than my one. 10/10.
  • Options
    A win would be a vary pleasant surprise with current first team squad.

If we don't have new players in tomorrow before midday who can play in the team the day after (seems pretty unlikely to me, Russell has not played signings immediately) a flukey win or a draw for me.

Hope to eat them though.
  • Options
    Bolton seem to be somewhat a bogey team for us in our recent history. Unfortunately I see 1-2.
  • Options

A win would be a vary pleasant surprise with current first team squad.

If we don't have new players in tomorrow before midday who can play in the team the day after (seems pretty unlikely to me, Russell has not played signings immediately) a flukey win or a draw for me.

Hope to eat them though.

All except for their centre back,I'm wheat(er) intolerant ;)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Bolton seem to be somewhat a bogey team for us in our recent history. Unfortunately I see 1-2.

EVERYONE is a bogey team at the moment ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    0-2 struggle. Regime PR fuck up before game after they insist on dentures being removed from all fans, even those with their own teeth. Half time we're forced to all stand for the singing of "Katrien Meire our greatest leader" as she takes to the centre circle in a tank churning up half of the pitch. Those who refuse are forcefully removed and never seen again.

Alternatively, team find out takeover is legit and it's 5-0 to Charlton.