Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is 10 years old today !

Comments

• Options
    A belated congratulations! This must be one of the best football club forums in the country. Apart from working and looking good, it has a massive and representative user base and has genuinely achieved and changed things, both in terms of charity work but also in terms of club actions.

Like a few others here I joined when the BBC shut down the 606 boards. 10,387 comments I've posted here since February 2012! 192 ish per month, that's 6 a day!
  • Options
    Marvelous work guys! Helps me feel like I am in touch with the real heart of CAFC despite being so far away. And through the site I have been able to meet and drink with a lot of people I would probably otherwise never have met. The amount of time I spend on here I must be the only user in Portugal for the country to not be in the top 10! :smiley:

Proud I started the most popular landing page though... :wink:
  • Options

Order of Top 20 recorded areas of UK usage: London, Dartford, Croydon, Poplar, Brighton, Maidstone, Swanley, Canterbury, Gravesend, Manchester, Newham, Birmingham, Chatham, Norwich, Sheffield, Leeds, Tumbridge Wells, Bristol, Southampton, Basildon

Might want to remove this bit from the OP... Gravesend / Charham / Maidstone all clear proof that we're stealing more Gillingham fans!!
    No one from Maidstone would (or should) support Gillingham.
  • Options
    McCartney said:

Here's to another 10 years, God knows what it will be like to be a addick by then.

Roland will be 80.

Sorry, I've just ruined the thread.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

McCartney said:

Here's to another 10 years, God knows what it will be like to be a addick by then.

Roland will be 80.

Sorry, I've just ruined the thread.

And we'll be septuagenarians with a following wind Oggster :wink: .
  • Options
    Being able to share the limits of pain and joy with fellow Charlton fans via the CL forum is good for the soul. Thanks AFKABartram and all the contributers for making the experience so addictive. Heres hoping the site continues to grow for many years to come and Charlton's luck and success grows with it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • Options
    Very hearty congratulations from a disillusioned 'addick who hopes to be back in the fold one day. For now I keep in touch mainly through fantastic Charlton Life. Thank you, and here's to the next ten years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

Growing up in Hertfordshire (now living over border in Bedfordshire), I've never had any 'mates', just my Dad for the last 25 years. Charlton Life has therefore been brilliant.

#RolandOut

I'm sorry. I can't help myself.
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck for the next ten.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:
    I feel like "I'll see your killing communists and raise you a disabled mother" should be our site motto.

must admit i missed that first time round ...just brilliant !

honestly i really cant be arsed with the flemish mare and duct tape man but i am happy to see a a few quips from like minded ageing charlton supporting has beens like me that reduce the pain of following this lot

happy birthday CL ..This time in 10 years who knows ? and sincerely thankyou !

• Options
    lolwray said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:
    I feel like "I'll see your killing communists and raise you a disabled mother" should be our site motto.

must admit i missed that first time round ...just brilliant !

honestly i really cant be arsed with the flemish mare and duct tape man but i am happy to see a a few quips from like minded ageing charlton supporting has beens like me that reduce the pain of following this lot

happy birthday CL ..This time in 10 years who knows ? and sincerely thankyou !

I missed that thread. Crying with laughter. The speed it escalated was hysterical. Thank you Charlton Life.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    And if it hadn't been for you Canters my lols and likes would only be half of what they are, much appreciated. Lads like you and @Addickted2TheReds are the future :wink: .
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This is the scene I first thought of when I saw that thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZYse6Vqtc

Basically Viewfinder (Ned Flanders) to @ValleyGary (Lenny) - "I don't you but i'm sure you're a jerk!"
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

And if it hadn't been for you Canters my lols and likes would only be half of what they, much appreciated. Lads like you and @Addickted2TheReds are the future :wink: .

Happy to be of service! Have a like! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Was struggling to place what my favourite thing about this place is (apart from the grammar police). But it came to me all of a sudden. The puns! Some of the puns on here! Bloody ell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:
    I can't believe I've only just read that thread, I'm in stitches, funniest thread ever! @ValleyGary well played, read it back should brighten your weekend whilst the Mrs is in Ibiza :wink:
  • Options
    The viewfinder attack on Valley Gary was for me, easily the best thing on here.
  • Options
    First time I've read it too . Comedy gold .
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Sorry just realized I didn't source you appropriately. Fixed now.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    cabbles said:

First time I've read it too . Comedy gold .

Agreed, it was the last close season so I must have been on break and missed it as well. Harveys Gardener was in the firing line at first and then following a gif insinuating VF was a p*ssed old git, VG gets both barrels, good defence though for a striker. If anyone still hasn't read it and is feeling low it'll cheer you up no end I promise :joy: .
  • Options
    Finished far too soon though viewfinder must've been proper off his tits
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Lol, He didn't deny being Royston Vasey though.
  • Options
    One of my favourite threads was the Trevor one, can anyone remember what it was titled?
  • Options
    that Dulwich one is just genius.

Valley Gary just completely floored and baffled by what viewfinder was going on about. "I coach kids near Dartford?...no I don't you absolute freak."