Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks looks to have lost a bit of muscle mass. Wonder if this is on purpose?
    It's possible. Some sportsmen can get a bit obsessed with bulking up, which is fine if you play like Akinfenwa but not good if you lose pace as as result
    Or if you create imbalances that increase your chances of injury.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

(Very much my opinion on a lot of injuries)
  • Options
    Going off at a complete tangent, but it was being discussed anyway. 

No 10 is the most broad stroke of a discription of a player I think that is used in "modern" football.   I don't know if its the championship manager effect or the over saturation of sky TV pundits trying to justify themselves.  

As the term has become more used it has basically become meaning less, it now sort of covers anyone who plays centrally but not off the last man and doesn't track back.  But that could be also a false 9, an 8 and a half, the point of the diamond, the middle of a 3.

Anyway, is Chucks one?  Now he is because of lazy use stereotypes and Bowyer using language that he knows his audience will understand.

Rant over. 
  • Options
    Surely Chuks can be on the bench now. Much better option than Hemed to bring on with 15-20 mins to go.
  • Options
    Monday, February 10th: Charlton v Colchester United (Premier League Cup - 1pm - Princes Park)
  • Options
    Lets hope so.

Would love to see Aneke on the bench tomorrow night
  • Options
    Good to see Lapslie playing again, sign he's not had a setback after that return last week
  • Options

13' GOALLLL! Josh Davison puts the Addicks ahead with a great finish after Quitirna weaved into the box and laid the ball off. #cafc 1 #colu 0
    19' GOALLLLL! Davison gets his second of the afternoon. Quitirna's deflected effort was denied by a fine save from Vose but Davison was able to power home via the keepers fingertips on the follow up. #cafc 2 #colu 0
  • Options

24' GOAALLLL! Vennings gets Charlton's third from the penalty spot after one of the Trialists was fouled in the box. A great penalty stuck into the top left of the goal. #cafc 3 #colu 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

HALF TIME | Charlton 3 0 Davison's brace and Vennings' penalty leave the Addicks looking comfortable at the interval. #cafc
    45' We're back underway for the second half. #cafc 3 #colu 0
  • Options

56' Goal for Colchester. Jake Hutchinson pulls one back for the visitors with a well placed effort beyond Harness' reach. #cafc 3 #colu 1
  • Options

67' Penalty to Charlton, Johl Powell was judged to have been pushed in the area. Davison to take... #cafc 3 #colu 1

68' GOAALLLL! Cool as you like from Davison to get his hat-trick. #cafc 4 #colu 1
  • Options

U23S FULL-TIME | Charlton 4 1 A hat-trick from and a fine penalty from ensure the young Addicks run out as convincing winners. #cafc

• Options
    thanks Henry
  • Options
    By my calculations that leaves the table for the group stage of the cup as

Addicks     P5   Pts 10
    Swansea    P4   Pts 6
    Reading     P4 Pts 6
    Col U         P5 Pts 4

• Options
    Anyone know who the trialists were and how they played? Ghansdour was named so presumably not him and he is gone. Who was the Met Police bloke?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know who the trialists were and how they played? Ghansdour was named so presumably not him and he is gone. Who was the Met Police bloke?
    The centre half is from the Met Police team (not many of them are police officers) and the forward is at Tooting & Mitcham. Both had good games. Watched by Steve Gallen, Andy Marshall & Grant Basey.
  • Options
    Thanks Crusty but surely the T&M guy is Ghandour who has been named in previous fixtures? Were you at today's game?
  • Options
    Well done to the U23s playing in 6his weather
  • Options
    It was only windy and cold by the final whistle! Pretty sure it was Ghandour, looked OK, not sure who the defender was but didn't look bad. Good 45 mins for Lapslie, Davison excellent. Jamal has bulked out a bit... 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Just back from a cold blustery Dartford,i have no idea who the trialists are,only that they were the same pair as the last game against Watford.One trialist is a striker the other a central defender,both had reasonable games especially the striker.
    Lapslie was better than last week & was replaced by Maloney at half-time.
    It was a good performance by our side,with Davison,Vennings,Morgan & Powell all having good games.
    Colchester featured our former player Jamal Campbell-Ryce who was probably twice the age of some of the players on the pitch & he had a very good game in central midfield.
    It might seem an odd question but what did you make of their goalscorer, Jake Hutchinson? I ask because I used to teach him. I'm keeping a eye on his career and his brother's - he recently broke into the first team at Southend.

• Options
    Thanks Crusty but surely the T&M guy is Ghandour who has been named in previous fixtures? Were you at today's game?
    I was at the game and have the team sheet. Hady Ghandour was not named but it did look like him (Just looked at the T&M team photos).
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I was at the game and have the team sheet. Hady Ghandour was not named but it did look like him (Just looked at the T&M team photos).
    Thanks.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiFecyNe7mU

Stumbled across this, some will find it interesting - highlights of the 3-3 v Watford the other week.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for posting @cafcsinger.

Fascinating. Always like to watch the dressing room stuff, hear whats said.
    Game played at St Alban's City. Lovely 'old school' ground.

Our keeper looked good. But our number 5 did a fair bit of ballwatching.

Chuks created his own chance and took his goal well, strong run and shot.
    Lapslie with an assist and won a penalty, excellent movement and pass.

• Options
    Not sure who our right back was but he needs Tracey to set up an interview with McDonalds.