Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Robbo has just turned up
  • Reckon Anderson may be on the bench tomorrow

Do you think he's good enough/ready for that?
  • edited November 2017
    One down at the break. We have come back well after a poor first 15 when could have been three down.

Had 5 successive corners then Lapslie had one off the line and then Carter somehow hit it straight at the keeper from 10 yards when in acres of space.

Maloney gone off injured. Ipswich don't look secure at the back so still some hope. Djiksteel and Anderson badly missed.
  • Scoham said:

Reckon Anderson may be on the bench tomorrow

No but is probably the best finisher at the club and I include josh and Naby in that!
  • Nice can of coke and pringles in the warm for me now haha
  • Scoham said:

Leon Best to sign in time to be on the bench?
  • Scoham said:

No but is probably the best finisher at the club and I include josh and Naby in that!
    He went off injured at Millwall last week, so will be suprised...
  • Scoham said:

He went off injured at Millwall last week, so will be suprised...
    Ok. Thanks for that.
  • Scoham said:

JJ not included then...?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    Don't really see him as a player anymore mate. Otherwise Bowyer is our best finisher .Meanwhile still losing and not getting close. Fairchild off after an hour so guess on bench tomorrow. Getting first looks at Alex Willis and Ben Dempsey.
  • Don't really see him as a player anymore mate. Otherwise Bowyer is our best finisher .Meanwhile still losing and not getting close. Fairchild off after an hour so guess on bench tomorrow. Getting first looks at Alex Willis and Ben Dempsey.

I can't imagine Reeco is planed to be in the matchday squad tomorrow, if they played him today for even 60 minutes, maybe he'll be one of the stand by players to the 18 who'll only be on the bench in an emergency
  • 5 to go. Willis near post flick from good Mascoll cross tipped away for a corner is the closest we got. Robinson talking to Derry the Cambridge manager. Bloody freezing btw!
  • 1-1 final score.
  • edited November 2017
    Home now. Second half we had more of the ball but lacked creativity. As often happens ipswich missed a great chance to go two up when striker shot over after mix up involving Barnes and Blumberg. In added time the excellent Lapslie obeyed my obstruction to swing a free kick on the left hand side to the far post and Willis glanced it in with his head.

Fair result. We rarely lose at this level to ipswich but today we were weakened with 4 regulars out.

A few out there won't make it and I guess are just squad fillers before May 18 release. My opinion these are Barnes Yao Carter Yam Fam and Cummings.

• Yam Fam was highly rated a while ago - didn't we pay a transfer fee for him?
  • Blumberg looked good. Shame about Maloney having to go off. Looks to be one for the future.
  • edited November 2017
    Oggy Red said:

Yam Fam was highly rated a while ago - didn't we pay a transfer fee for him?

Undisclosed of course but presumably a small fee. Signed from Stevenage last year after the 15/16 season ended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the updates @bolloxbolder

OS twitter staff must have been called away to write up the takeover story : -)

Too busy interviewing Leon Best...
  • Scoham said:

Oggy Red said:

Undisclosed of course but presumably a small fee. Signed from Stevenage last year after the 15/16 season ended.
    Thanks, Scoham.

After paying a transfer fee, it would be disappointing if Yam Fam failed to make an impression and was let go.

Although I believe he's quite young still for the U23s?
  • Bristol City at Greenwich Borough today.
  • iamdan said:

Bristol City at Greenwich Borough today.

Team selection will be interesting with the big checkatrade trophy game tomorrow.

Surprised this hasn't been postponed. Presume Kent cup game v Bromley has been postponed too.
  • Oggy Red said:

Development fee. Nobody else was after him......
  • Can't make this so look forward to updates.
  • Anyone going?
    Looking for a scuff with City fans outside Eltham station.
  • Seems like it, Henry.

A lot of U18 in the squad.