Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    16’ GOALLL! Henry Rylah fires our U21s ahead!  Thierry Small races down the left-hand side and puts the ball across goal for Rylah to score   0-1  | #cafc

Sub Small the fuck off and stick him in the team tonight 
    Fiorini has two assists now though... ;)
  • clive said:

Seeing Charlton 0 before a game makes we wonder if Jim Davidson is still going to the valley 🤔 
    Editor: It was not 0
  • 38’ GOALLL! IT'S FOUR!  Ryan Huke is on hand to fire home after Lewis Fiorini's shot was saved by the Ipswich stopper.
  • edited February 13

Square profile picture
     HT | Town U21s 0 Charlton 5 The Addicks scored a fifth just before the half-time whistle.

Square profile picture
    45+2’ GOALLL! Tolu Ladapo adds a fifth!  Patrick Casey flicks the ball into the path of the winger, who finishes past the goalkeeper! 

HALF-TIME | Ipswich Town U21s 0 Charlton U21s 5 A commanding first 45 from our young Addicks

• Hope that's not the starting line up when Ipswich play Millwall tomorrow night !
  • edited February 13
    55' Charlton get a sixth 10 minutes into the second half. 0-6

55’ GOALLL! Euan Williams scores our sixth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Williams must have come on, presumably at HT

• edited February 13
    0-8 (67 mins)

• 0-8 (67 mins)

I’m only seeing 7, Williams brace.
  • 64’ GOALLLL! Euan Williams makes it seven with his second of the afternoon!
  • 66’ GOALLL!
    @LewisFiorini heads home our eighth!  He gets on the end of @NathanAsiimwe2's pinpoint cross
  • Do you think the Ipswich fans will allow us to do a tunnel jump?
  • A goal and assist today (so far) as the U21s lead Ipswich 8-1.
  • Ipswich twitter appeared to give up at 0 - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• 71’ Goal for Ipswich's U21s. The hosts pull one back.  1-8
  • No, Ipswich twitter have recovered

70' Three goals in quick succession at Playford Road. 1-8 |
  • I actually think it's a good thing that Small and Fiorini, and also Ward to a lesser extent, are playing in the U21s.

Fiorini is clearly not fit and not match sharp and I'd guess it's similar with Small.

Both are U21s in any case so not as if they are playing below their age group.

Both should benefit from more game time and be more likely to be ready if wanted/needed in the first team.

What it says about our recruitment of Fiorini in particular and what Man City must think are different questions.

Been a few comments suggesting we had to take Fiorini as a replacement for Tedic but is there any hard evidence for this?
    Fiorini was basically one long trial, there is ability there, but the injury has had a big impact, hopefully todays performance of couple assists and goal should build the confidence in himself and the injuries he has had 

• Ffs had under 7.5 goals for Charlton
    Well done Callum mate. Didn’t realise you were on the team sheet. 
    Thanks! Had a word with Andy, he said they were looking for someone to provide some creativity so I flew in from the States last night.
    Thanks! Had a word with Andy, he said they were looking for someone to provide some creativity so I flew in from the States last night.
    Maybe we wouldnt have conceded had you not been posting on here!!
    Maybe we wouldnt have conceded had you not been posting on here!!
    Sorry Nathan
  • FT: Ipswich 1-8 Charlton

Well thats all our goals dried up for today as a team, thanks lads!! - Could have saved some for the Senior Squad!!

Also what happened after the 8th on 66mins? - Did they stop trying or something