Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• If you have a strong team you can blood a couple of youngsters and the players around them help them intigrate. Of course some will still make it and others not but the environment is there to facilitate it. 

Agree:
    The clue is in a couple of youngsters. Unfortunately so many of our 17-21 have come into a struggling side and no disrespect to any of them but they weren't immediately looking as sharp and confident as Gomez, Lookman and Konsa as teenagers. Even they had a learning curve but we weren't a struggling League 1 club when they were introduced into the team.
  • Anyone go? Another 2 goals for Casey? I think we should look to get him a National league loan
  • clive said:

Don't expect Bakrin or Roddy to be here next season but good luck to both of them, hope their loans work well and they kick on and prove me wrong.
  • Saw Roddy in pre season for the U21’s. He was our oldest player but by far the worst. The Eastbourne Borough wide players tore him a new one. Won’t be here once his contract expires.
  • clive said:

Seeing Charlton 0 before a game makes we wonder if Jim Davidson is still going to the valley 🤔 
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be interesting to see who's involved in terms of senior players that need mins. Wouldn't be too surprised if Fiorini features and possibly Taylor. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Will be interesting to see who's involved in terms of senior players that need mins. Wouldn't be too surprised if Fiorini features and possibly Taylor. 
    sneaky feeling we might see Taylor with the first team tonight (just a gut feel)
  • Always seems silly to me to play U21 games on the same day as 1st team matches.

What a waste of a loan spot Fiorini is
  • No Taylor... Wonder if he's in contention for the First Team now
  • So much for Small getting a game later! 
  • Small is more of a "punt" I imagine, rather than someone they expect to go straight into the first team.
  • Small is more of a "punt" I imagine, rather than someone they expect to go straight into the first team.
    And he’s not been playing recently so not fit.
  • edited February 13
    C
  • Sponsored links:

• PS glad that Tolu is now being listed as "T Ladapo" so we don't see the "Why is Freddie playing in the U21s? " comments on twitter.
  • I like the continued change in attitude by having those who lack match fitness, are getting it in the U21s

That... and the fact that with Ward, we seem to be copying the better U21 sides, by having an experienced Pro to guide the youngsters in these games.
  • 16’ GOALLL! Henry Rylah fires our U21s ahead!
    22’ GOALLL! Patrick Casey doubles our U21s' advantage!  

• 16’ GOALLL! Henry Rylah fires our U21s ahead!  Thierry Small races down the left-hand side and puts the ball across goal for Rylah to score   0-1  | #cafc

Sub Small the fuck off and stick him in the team tonight 
  • edited February 13
    29' The Addicks net a third. Pat Casey with his second of the game. A tough first half for the young Blues at Playford Road. 0-3 |

30’ GOALLL! Patrick Casey bags his second and our third!  He races onto Ryan Huke's ball and finishes coolly