Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Davison playing today, so presumably not in the squad or even the extended squad for tomorrow
    Lockyer is back in the team isnt he so straight away its one less youngster we need on the bench
    You do want more than 18 at the match though, in case of late withdrawals. And if Taylor for example had a slight reaction to playing on Saturday, with Davison playing today, we'd be left with no sub striker tomorrow.
  • Options
    Davison playing today, so presumably not in the squad or even the extended squad for tomorrow
    Will he get a 1st appearance? I thought he might get some mins as a sub in our last few games but didnt happen despite our deplited squad. With Taylor back for now i dont see Davison grabbing a chance this season.
  • Options
    Will he get a 1st appearance? I thought he might get some mins as a sub in our last few games but didnt happen despite our deplited squad. With Taylor back for now i dont see Davison grabbing a chance this season.
    He's come on twice already.
  • Options
    He will play against WBA in the cup
  • Options
    Surprised/disappointed not to see any returning first team players involved, seeing that Williams and Field could be back on Saturday
  • Options
    Surprised/disappointed not to see any returning first team players involved, seeing that Williams and Field could be back on Saturday
    Not worth the risk against a kid who may put in a mistimed tackle

The fact Vennings is back with the U23s makes me confident though
  • Options
    Thought we may have seen Ledley. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Fonseca plays again.

Sarpong playing against his loan club

Davison fit to play
  • Options
    14| ⚽️ GOAL COLCHESTER! Freitas-Gouveia picks the ball up in his own half and drives at the Charlton defence! A couple of step overs makes the space and he blasts into the bottom corner from inside the area! (1-0) #ColU https://t.co/dKng5naAeX
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Equalised in first half stoppage time only to concede straight away.
  • Options
    Now 3-1 down with 12 to play. Disappointing as they are bottom of the league. As someone once said Colchester always give us problems at youth level. 
  • Options

Field doesn't return from WBA until Wednesday.
  • Options
    Have we got the laundry basket open ready and waiting in the back of the team mininbus BB? 😉 
  • Options
    Equalised in first half stoppage time only to concede straight away.
    Sort of thing the first team would do!  Sympatico!
  • Options
    Finished 3-2. French and Davison for us.
  • Options
    We can concentrate on the league now.
  • Options
    Not worth the risk against a kid who may put in a mistimed tackle

The fact Vennings is back with the U23s makes me confident though
    In the old days players would rarely play for the first team after a long term injury without at least one reserve game. Football has changed, but surely there have to benefits to match fitness from playing a U23 match?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Thought we may have seen Ledley. 
    Indeed I'm surprised he didn't play for the U23s before playing a first team game for us, seeing that he's been out of action for so long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the game today on?
  • Options
    Playing Ipswich at home 1pm ko
    Charlton U23 starting XI | Osaghae, Yao, Keefe, Mingi, French, Maloney, Powell, Quitirna, Clayden, Isiaka, Ocran. Subs: Harvey, Aidoo, Afrane-Kesey, Albon, Barton.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    U23S | 32' GOAL! Junior Quitirna puts away an excellent free-kick to give the Addicks the lead. 
    #cafc 1 #itfc 0
  • Options
    No 1st 11 returnees
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    No 1st 11 returnees
    Wouldn't read too much into it. As we saw with Hemed and Williams they're probably just as likely to be slowly involved from the bench. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Probably only returned to training today

Hemed and Williams probably rejoined on Friday which allowed them to be involved yesterday, along the fact it was a game played at a slower pace
  • Options
    Probably only returned to training today

Hemed and Williams probably rejoined on Friday which allowed them to be involved yesterday, along the fact it was a game played at a slower pace
    Which says something about the FA Cup now. 20 years ago, an FA Cup match would have been all blood and thunder
  • Options

HALF-TIME | Charlton U23s 1 Ipswich Town U23s 0 Quitirna's goal is the difference at the break. #cafc
  • Options
    U23S | 64' Goal Ipswich. Levi Andoh levels for the visitors. #cafc 1 #itfc 1
    2:30 PM · Jan 6, 2020
  • Options

FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 1 Ipswich Town U23s 3 The Tractor Boys hit two late goals to earn victory at Princes Park. #cafc