Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson Yelling At Fans

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016

Uboat said:

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Say what you like about his ability, but he isn't as bad as we like to think. He's just a massive cunt and he wants to damage us whenever he's in the team.

He's dreadful . He had a decent game against Brentford in Feb 2015; since then a total liability
    you weren't at Bury this season then, or if you were you were not paying attention .. his only league start this season (I believe) .. presumably dropped after this game by Slade because he was 'rude' to the sensitive fans, gawd luv em .. what a fiasco ... and he was the difference between a 2-0 and 4 or 5-0 hiding .. our callow defence apart from Johnson was overrun by a big aggressive attack ,, and let's face it, Bury aint pulled up too many trees since then
    Agreed, on the pitch he's a perfectly acceptable defender at L1 level, especially if given a run of games. If we didn't have Pearce or Tex I'd be happy to see him alongside Bauer. Experience does matter in defence, Lennon, Konsa and even Bauer are all young players who need an experienced player alongside them.

If Slade had handled things better, by making Johnson apologise (and indeed grovel a bit) in public, the incident would have been largely forgotten by now
    good and well considered post .. but why should Johnson apologise ? .. I say again, to me it looked as if he was retorting to fans who were abusing him, as far as I am concerned it's giving back what he received .. and after all it was only a minority who were sworn at ..
    just seems to me we have far too many thin skinned fans, too many anxious to make big mountains from little tiny inclines ... Slade's dropping of Johnson indicates what a spineless manager he is/was, though he did sign a few decent players
    Because people in a professional capacity shouldn't be giving it back in public. In the professional environment there are situations where as much as you want to, you don't get to just tell people what you think of them. I manage a team in a customer service environment, and there's plenty of occasions every week where customers give them shit, regardless of whether it's their fault or not. And regardless of whether or not the customer is in the right, or how much of an arse they're being, my staff member's job is to remain professional and not give it back to the customers. If they did do that then they'd be hauled in for a disciplinary. You seem to be determined to play out this narrative that it's just the thin-skinned fans but the reality is professionals don't have the luxury of snapping and telling people what they think of them whenever they feel like it.

Bit stupid to call Slade spineless for dropping him as well when he's not a better centre half than Pearce, Konsa, Bauer or Teixeira. But whatever.
    to compare the required behaviour from 'your staff' with comments made by a competitive professional sportsman in the heat of the moment after a tumultuous and losing game only to be cursed and vilified by 'fans' of your club is, quite frankly, ridiculous ..

AND as to Slade's selections/central defender availability .. Tex was for some reason was totally out of favour with Slade .. Bauer was injured .. Konsa untested and Pearce in his first league game for us had been flattened a couple of times by big Tom Pope the Bury striker and it was left to Johnson to mark Pope and take and give out the required stick, and at times it was painful to watch
    Why did you put 'your staff' in inverted commas? Do you think they're fictional or something? You've also failed to explain why it's ridiculous, well done. Though to be fair to you, you've probably only done that because it isn't ridiculous at all. Do you think there's no heat of the moment when people are shouting at you outside of football matches? The point, which you've failed to challenge other than clicking the LOL button is that professionals are expected to behave in a professional manner. If that really needs explaining to you then maybe you shouldn't be allowed near words unsupervised.

And again, what you've said there about Slade doesn't show him as spineless. Konsa may have been untested, which is probably why Slade chose to subsequently test him next game. That's how breaking in players works. If anything I'd say bringing through a teenager ahead of an experienced defender is brave.

AND as I am sick of replying to semi coherent and mostly unreadable replies to my opinions .. that is all I have to say on the 'Johnson Yelling' topic ((:>) have a nice day y'all
    What a total cock.
    almost certainly bigger than yours ((:>)
    Now I know why you always have a smile on your face.
    still in touch, even in the Amazonian rain forest .. and you know that flattery will get you .... everywhere .. ((:>) .. hope you're behaving yourself, at least a little bit
    Oh yeah, partying with the jolly Brasilians.

Feliz anovo amigo!

go awol for a few weeks .. Mardi Gras should be right up your street (what this has to do with my hero Roger, I do not know) .. when are you due back ?

AND while you're about, as my travel consultant .. how far is Southend Victoria station from Roots Hall ?
  • Options
    Let's try and get a comparison here between Johnson and the 'real world'

Closest I can think is if you've bought something that's shit and return it to a shop. Cost you a bit of cash, so naturally when you do so, you're a bit pissed off, so you might have a go if it looks like the person behind the counter doesn't give a fuck and doesn't seem interested. If that person then tells you to fuck off, I reckon you'd be entitled to have a serious go at their manager and even demand that they be given the pump

If someone can't see this, then I can't understand that. Ironically, if this happened to Lancs I think he'd be the first in line to whinge to the shop assistant's line manager about it
  • Options

This one's got legs

More legs than JJ has had for a few seasons!!

(Logs out of Charltonlife & takes a flight to Amazon jungle)

Bugger.

• Options

Closest I can think is if you've bought something that's shit and return it to a shop. Cost you a bit of cash, so naturally when you do so, you're a bit pissed off, so you might have a go if it looks like the person behind the counter doesn't give a fuck and doesn't seem interested. If that person then tells you to fuck off, I reckon you'd be entitled to have a serious go at their manager and even demand that they be given the pump

If someone can't see this, then I can't understand that. Ironically, if this happened to Lancs I think he'd be the first in line to whinge to the shop assistant's line manager about it

Depends though, was the customer saying that in a calm and reasoned manner or were they screaming obscenities and frothing at the mouth?
  • Options
    Sounds like a Curry's Know How experience to me
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Say what you like about his ability, but he isn't as bad as we like to think. He's just a massive cunt and he wants to damage us whenever he's in the team.

He's dreadful . He had a decent game against Brentford in Feb 2015; since then a total liability
    you weren't at Bury this season then, or if you were you were not paying attention .. his only league start this season (I believe) .. presumably dropped after this game by Slade because he was 'rude' to the sensitive fans, gawd luv em .. what a fiasco ... and he was the difference between a 2-0 and 4 or 5-0 hiding .. our callow defence apart from Johnson was overrun by a big aggressive attack ,, and let's face it, Bury aint pulled up too many trees since then
    Agreed, on the pitch he's a perfectly acceptable defender at L1 level, especially if given a run of games. If we didn't have Pearce or Tex I'd be happy to see him alongside Bauer. Experience does matter in defence, Lennon, Konsa and even Bauer are all young players who need an experienced player alongside them.

If Slade had handled things better, by making Johnson apologise (and indeed grovel a bit) in public, the incident would have been largely forgotten by now
    good and well considered post .. but why should Johnson apologise ? .. I say again, to me it looked as if he was retorting to fans who were abusing him, as far as I am concerned it's giving back what he received .. and after all it was only a minority who were sworn at ..
    just seems to me we have far too many thin skinned fans, too many anxious to make big mountains from little tiny inclines ... Slade's dropping of Johnson indicates what a spineless manager he is/was, though he did sign a few decent players
    Because people in a professional capacity shouldn't be giving it back in public. In the professional environment there are situations where as much as you want to, you don't get to just tell people what you think of them. I manage a team in a customer service environment, and there's plenty of occasions every week where customers give them shit, regardless of whether it's their fault or not. And regardless of whether or not the customer is in the right, or how much of an arse they're being, my staff member's job is to remain professional and not give it back to the customers. If they did do that then they'd be hauled in for a disciplinary. You seem to be determined to play out this narrative that it's just the thin-skinned fans but the reality is professionals don't have the luxury of snapping and telling people what they think of them whenever they feel like it.

Bit stupid to call Slade spineless for dropping him as well when he's not a better centre half than Pearce, Konsa, Bauer or Teixeira. But whatever.
    to compare the required behaviour from 'your staff' with comments made by a competitive professional sportsman in the heat of the moment after a tumultuous and losing game only to be cursed and vilified by 'fans' of your club is, quite frankly, ridiculous ..

AND as to Slade's selections/central defender availability .. Tex was for some reason was totally out of favour with Slade .. Bauer was injured .. Konsa untested and Pearce in his first league game for us had been flattened a couple of times by big Tom Pope the Bury striker and it was left to Johnson to mark Pope and take and give out the required stick, and at times it was painful to watch
    Why did you put 'your staff' in inverted commas? Do you think they're fictional or something? You've also failed to explain why it's ridiculous, well done. Though to be fair to you, you've probably only done that because it isn't ridiculous at all. Do you think there's no heat of the moment when people are shouting at you outside of football matches? The point, which you've failed to challenge other than clicking the LOL button is that professionals are expected to behave in a professional manner. If that really needs explaining to you then maybe you shouldn't be allowed near words unsupervised.

And again, what you've said there about Slade doesn't show him as spineless. Konsa may have been untested, which is probably why Slade chose to subsequently test him next game. That's how breaking in players works. If anything I'd say bringing through a teenager ahead of an experienced defender is brave.

your 'retort' is a complete load of pompous old bollocks, IF you don't mind me saying, and even if you do mind me saying .. as a 'person manager' you really should learn to digest what others opine rather than repeat your incorrect and ludicrous assumptions about people's reactions to given situations .. or has your 'managerial role' made you so grand that you are always right ?

.. 'your staff' are probably a nice bunch of automatons who have been coached/brainwashed into 'the customer is always right' and are terrified that they will be sacked and blacklisted if they so much as say one word out of place when being abused and/or shouted at .. footballers are made of sterner stuff and, as did Eric Cantona for example, sometimes lose their cool when some 'customer' starts hollering abuse or hurling liquids at them and long may it continue that some people are quite prepared to stand up for themselves.

as to Konsa being 'tested' .. were you at the Northampton game ? ... Johnson was 'not selected' probably because he upset the poor lil didums who he swore at at Bury after being abused by them..
    Konsa and Pearce, both small by central defender standards were selected ..
    Slade had worked with Revell at Orient, he presumably knew how good he is in the air .. we were 1-0 and looking comfortable, the first good cross the Cobblers put into the box Revell rose unchallenged and headed into the goal to equalise, the result was a 1-1 draw, a game we should have won .. I think, indeed I am certain that Johnson would have challenged in the air for the said cross and the goal could have been prevented .. the moral of the story ? .. 'test' youngsters if possible in less important games and do not drop players because you're scared of 'the fans' reaction if they were to be selected .. have convictions and the courage to stand by them

AND as I am sick of replying to semi coherent and mostly unreadable replies to my opinions .. that is all I have to say on the 'Johnson Yelling' topic ((:>) have a nice day y'all
    OK, so what you've done there is insult a bunch of people that you don't actually know. Which, to be perfectly honest is a bit too much, even for you. I know that you can't control how much of an arsehole you are, which you've proven over a long time on this forum, but bloody hell, reign it in.

The rest of what you've said, ironically, is nonsense. I made an argument. You haven't, you've just repeated the same shit all over again, and then shouted 'I'M NOT PLAYING ANYMORE!' like a big child.

But as you say, this is clearly going nowhere. So we'll call it a day. But seriously Lincs, sort your life out.
    I see .. I am an arsehole .. better than being an arsehole licker like you .. get back to grovelling to your customers and leave the FOOTBALL comments to those who know about the subject .. and .. have a nice day (twat)
    C'mon @Lincsaddick I'm enjoying this :wink:
  • Options
    '%$£
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Depends though, was the customer saying that in a calm and reasoned manner or were they screaming obscenities and frothing at the mouth?
    Frankly whatever you think about RoJo's reaction or Garry's 'team', surely the point is that in both situations what was served up was shit in the first place. If the 'customers' subsequently complain loudly I'm not sure how it's either their fault or that they deserve a shouting at for having the temerity to be pissed off about it. Certainly if the situation was then compounded by sweariness I'd expect Garry's 'team' and our squad to be down a member pretty damn quickly.

And the word member seems most apposite here...
  • Options

Uboat said:

wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

What a total cock.
    almost certainly bigger than yours ((:>)
    Now I know why you always have a smile on your face.
    still in touch, even in the Amazonian rain forest .. and you know that flattery will get you .... everywhere .. ((:>) .. hope you're behaving yourself, at least a little bit
    Oh yeah, partying with the jolly Brasilians.

Feliz anovo amigo!

go awol for a few weeks .. Mardi Gras should be right up your street (what this has to do with my hero Roger, I do not know) .. when are you due back ?

AND while you're about, as my travel consultant .. how far is Southend Victoria station from Roots Hall ?
    Not sure about Victoria but get off at Prittlewell and it's a 5 minute walk mate.

As for Mardi Gras? Maybe next time!

See you at Bolton.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

colthe3rd said:

Frankly whatever you think about RoJo's reaction or Garry's 'team', surely the point is that in both situations what was served up was shit in the first place. If the 'customers' subsequently complain loudly I'm not sure how it's either their fault or that they deserve a shouting at for having the temerity to be pissed off about it. Certainly if the situation was then compounded by sweariness I'd expect Garry's 'team' and our squad to be down a member pretty damn quickly.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not defending him or what he did. However, it does always make me laugh when football fans are willing to dish out the abuse but never willing to accept anything in return. What he did was unprofessional and in light of what has been going on spectacularly stupid. In an ideal world it would have been someone shouts abuse, another gives it back and then everyone shrugs their shoulders and walks away. Never going to happen though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

rikofold said:

colthe3rd said:

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not defending him or what he did. However, it does always make me laugh when football fans are willing to dish out the abuse but never willing to accept anything in return. What he did was unprofessional and in light of what has been going on spectacularly stupid. In an ideal world it would have been someone shouts abuse, another gives it back and then everyone shrugs their shoulders and walks away. Never going to happen though.
    100%

Coupled with mentioned earlier that if Slade had made Johnson make a public apology it would have probably nipped things in the bud.

I reckon squirrel face probably gave Johnson an improved contract for his spat with the fans!
  • Options
    Surely his agent can get him a gig out in China, I hear the doughs quite decent.
  • Options

Surely his agent can get him a gig out in China, I hear the doughs quite decent.

Every team needs a chef and the ability to make Chinese dumplings cannot be underestimated.
  • Options
    If anyone is interested he has lost a court case today suing a knee surgeon over an operation for an injury suffered whilst he was with us in 2017.
  • Options
    Bet he's used the insurance money to fund it too. Never mind, eh. 
  • Options
    I reckon he could still do a job for us.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I reckon he could still do a job for us.
    Yeah. He could sweep up the remains of the dead pigeons around the pitch before the season starts.