Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC London 94.9fm - Full Bury v Charlton comms

2»

Comments

• Not much going on in game, lots of chit chat about other stuff.
  • Blimey had to get a radio out of the loft for this.( being a peasant)
    Then had to find a power cord for a 13 amp plug.
    ( just shows you how much radio I listen to these days).
    Just in time for a cup of tea.......
  • I wonder why Tune In has the commentary blocked with a VPN set to the UK? I guess the BBC have found a way to block such sites when there is a rights restricted programme on local radio. I can listen to 5live and 5 live sport oK right now, although currently they are not running a footie commentary.

I doubt it, if they could manage that, we wouldn't be able to watch iPlayer, which I assume you can?

Totally OT, did you see the BBC have announced you will soon need a TV license to view iPlayer...... :'(
    I have figured it out I think, they are saying on the BBC London website that the commentary is not available online. So they have blocked whatever feed takes 94.9 onto the internet.

Yep, saw that about Iplayer, and of course went to investigate. Seems there is no sign that when you log in they will actually ask you for proof that you have a licence. That would technically be quite difficult to set up, it would effectively be a digital subscription. I'm expecting to be able to carry on listening and watching with the VPN.

Anyway sounds like I am not missing much on the commentary.

Despite trying pretty hard, Netflix can hardly keep up with the VPN I use, if they can't manage it, I'm pretty confident the Beeb can't!

I remember years back playing my CAFCPlayer stream over skype to @jimmymelrose, you could try the same with someone. Although you're right, you ain't missing much.

I've got a Player subscription, so if they get the Charlton commentary going I 'll listen in.

Didn't quite get your point about Netflix and your VPN. You mean the stream doesn't work properly, or that Netflix cannot tell where you are from? I don't use Netflix, so I don't know what you are doing with your VPN. Isn't it subscription based, meaning that where you are watching doesn't matter, only whether you have paid up? (If it's better not to reply to that, I understand :-))

• I wonder why Tune In has the commentary blocked with a VPN set to the UK? I guess the BBC have found a way to block such sites when there is a rights restricted programme on local radio. I can listen to 5live and 5 live sport oK right now, although currently they are not running a footie commentary.

I doubt it, if they could manage that, we wouldn't be able to watch iPlayer, which I assume you can?

Totally OT, did you see the BBC have announced you will soon need a TV license to view iPlayer...... :'(
    I have figured it out I think, they are saying on the BBC London website that the commentary is not available online. So they have blocked whatever feed takes 94.9 onto the internet.

Yep, saw that about Iplayer, and of course went to investigate. Seems there is no sign that when you log in they will actually ask you for proof that you have a licence. That would technically be quite difficult to set up, it would effectively be a digital subscription. I'm expecting to be able to carry on listening and watching with the VPN.

Anyway sounds like I am not missing much on the commentary.

Despite trying pretty hard, Netflix can hardly keep up with the VPN I use, if they can't manage it, I'm pretty confident the Beeb can't!

I remember years back playing my CAFCPlayer stream over skype to @jimmymelrose, you could try the same with someone. Although you're right, you ain't missing much.

I've got a Player subscription, so if they get the Charlton commentary going I 'll listen in.

Didn't quite get your point about Netflix and your VPN. You mean the stream doesn't work properly, or that Netflix cannot tell where you are from? I don't use Netflix, so I don't know what you are doing with your VPN. Isn't it subscription based, meaning that where you are watching doesn't matter, only whether you have paid up? (If it's better not to reply to that, I understand :-))

Subscription based yeah but content differs by country. So they try to stop people in the UK from watching stuff on the US service.
  • Prague, if you go to the Bury website, you can log in, same details and listen to the game that way.

Also, as Leeds said, being able to 'switch countries' increases the amount of stuff available hugely, Netflix are trying to block VPNs, under pressure from the studios they buy stuff from, they are failing, miserably. I doubt the BBC have the access to funds as Netflix, so I'm fairly confident is we will be fine.

With the amount you contribute to the tv shows thread, I'm amazed you don't use Netflix! Well worth the money.
  • Prague, if you go to the Bury website, you can log in, same details and listen to the game that way.

Also, as Leeds said, being able to 'switch countries' increases the amount of stuff available hugely, Netflix are trying to block VPNs, under pressure from the studios they buy stuff from, they are failing, miserably. I doubt the BBC have the access to funds as Netflix, so I'm fairly confident is we will be fine.

With the amount you contribute to the tv shows thread, I'm amazed you don't use Netflix! Well worth the money.

I will take a look but you might also have noticed that I have quite limited taste. I just don't take much to US drama, other than Mad Men. Just not my thing. I probably don't have time to watch more than I do, either. Only did the final episode of Peaky Blinders on Thursday night. Now if I spent less time gobbing off on here ..:-)

• According to the BBC guys they claim we are playing 4-4-2
    Obviously Slade has heard about my tactics from last week's game against the German addicks, ( hopefully they will not lose 4-2 though)
  • Lookman about to come on. according to BBC
  • Free kick to Bury, could be dangerous
  • Good save by Rudd......
  • Sponsored links:

• Penalty....... to Bury
  • bugger, CAFC trail..... Neil Danes
  • 72 minutes gone
    Bury 1-0
  • Good response by Charlton.
  • Bit flat now for Charlton, after the restart from the goal.
    Corner for Charlton
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    @ken from bexley helpful and all but why don't you continue on the main match thread ? Its like looking at an ITTV match thread.
  • Bit of a stoppage due to an injury on one of the Bury players.
    Dropped ball restart