Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC London 94.9fm - Full Bury v Charlton comms

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
BBC London are carrying full comms today - Andy Rowley and Steve Froggart on the mics.

On 94.9fm only, they're running the Brentford game on DAB and online.

Comments

• Cheers Louis
  • Is there any chance that it will be on a station I can pick up in Maidstone?
  • LouisMend said:

BBC London are carrying full comms today - Andy Rowley and Steve Froggart on the mics.

Damn, that way round doesn't help us expats.

I was just wondering Louis, do they now regard DAB/online as the channel with a bigger audience? I mean, looking at the two games, it's obvious that ours is not the bigger one! how do they decide, any idea?
  • How do I hear that in Ibiza!
  • edited August 2016
    Isn't there a phone app that plays FM radio ( broadcast in DAB) from around the world or did I imagine it?
  • LouisMend said:

Thanks
  • Isn't there a phone app that plays FM radio ( broadcast in DAB) from around the world or did I imagine it?

I have the iPlayer Radio app. Sometimes in the past, I found that they accidentally broadcast the FM feed over a digital channel. But I think the plan is that anything in a digital app will be the Brentford game. But funny things can happen.

• Try tune in radio - that usually has FM

Ah, good tip. My Sonos uses that.

• How far does the 94.9fm signal travel out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone have a link to listen online please?
  • edited August 2016
    This seems to have the Charlton game rather than the Brentford game as stated in the OP

http://www.internetradiouk.com/bbc-london/

Edit: Scrap that, they've taken the programme down.

That's what I thought - listened to build up then chopped!!
  • luke1 said:

Anyone have a link to listen online please?

Not broadcast online for 'contractural reason'

• Nothing on line.

Damn, it was about to start on TuneIn on my Sonos and then it too got taken down - rights issues. Which is strnage as my Zenmate VPN, set to UK, usually gets me round that.

I am going to try and download TuneIn as a standlone app and see if that works.

• Can't get it on iphone either, so unless you actually have a radio that can tune in to BBC London on FM, there's nothing available I guess.
  • edited August 2016
    Anyone in the Manchester or surrounding area are who didn't go to the game can get coverage on BBC Manchester DAB
  • edited August 2016

Can't get it on iphone either, so unless you actually have a radio that can tune in to BBC London on FM, there's nothing available I guess.

It's not on BBC London. I'm getting Brentford.
  • Corner to Bury dealt with by Rudd. Spanners 1-0 penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Its on old fashioned radio, not much use of Charlton supporters accross the globe & further afield in the UK.

Just found it - Millwall 1 Oldham 0 with a pen :neutral: is the first thing I hear, not a lucky station for me 94.9.

'Bury look like a team, who know more what they are doing with their pattern of play'
  • DRAddick said:

Can't get it on iphone either, so unless you actually have a radio that can tune in to BBC London on FM, there's nothing available I guess.

Is that on a normal radio? On DAB it's Brentford apparently.
  • DRAddick said:

DAB, that explains it. I didn't know people still had normal radios, peasants. Bloody annoying.

Damn, it was about to start on TuneIn on my Sonos and then it too got taken down - rights issues. Which is strnage as my Zenmate VPN, set to UK, usually gets me round that.

I am going to try and download TuneIn as a standlone app and see if that works.

How many 'uk routes' does Zenmate come with? It might be worth running through them, doing some IP checks and trying to find a London IP.

• Not on DAB, only 94.9 fm
  • I wonder why Tune In has the commentary blocked with a VPN set to the UK? I guess the BBC have found a way to block such sites when there is a rights restricted programme on local radio. I can listen to 5live and 5 live sport oK right now, although currently they are not running a footie commentary.
  • I wonder why Tune In has the commentary blocked with a VPN set to the UK? I guess the BBC have found a way to block such sites when there is a rights restricted programme on local radio. I can listen to 5live and 5 live sport oK right now, although currently they are not running a footie commentary.

I doubt it, if they could manage that, we wouldn't be able to watch iPlayer, which I assume you can?

Totally OT, did you see the BBC have announced you will soon need a TV license to view iPlayer...... :'(

I doubt it, if they could manage that, we wouldn't be able to watch iPlayer, which I assume you can?

Totally OT, did you see the BBC have announced you will soon need a TV license to view iPlayer...... :'(
    I have figured it out I think, they are saying on the BBC London website that the commentary is not available online. So they have blocked whatever feed takes 94.9 onto the internet.

Yep, saw that about Iplayer, and of course went to investigate. Seems there is no sign that when you log in they will actually ask you for proof that you have a licence. That would technically be quite difficult to set up, it would effectively be a digital subscription. I'm expecting to be able to carry on listening and watching with the VPN.

Anyway sounds like I am not missing much on the commentary.

I have figured it out I think, they are saying on the BBC London website that the commentary is not available online. So they have blocked whatever feed takes 94.9 onto the internet.

Yep, saw that about Iplayer, and of course went to investigate. Seems there is no sign that when you log in they will actually ask you for proof that you have a licence. That would technically be quite difficult to set up, it would effectively be a digital subscription. I'm expecting to be able to carry on listening and watching with the VPN.

Anyway sounds like I am not missing much on the commentary.

Despite trying pretty hard, Netflix can hardly keep up with the VPN I use, if they can't manage it, I'm pretty confident the Beeb can't!

I remember years back playing my CAFCPlayer stream over skype to @jimmymelrose, you could try the same with someone. Although you're right, you ain't missing much.

• DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

DAB, that explains it. I didn't know people still had normal radios, peasants. Bloody annoying.
    DAB ain't all it's cracked up to be. It's fine if you're in the right area but if you're a bit out of the way FM is far superior.