Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More Banning Orders issued by the Regime

Comments

• Greenie said:

I was right next to them when they were dicking about, yes they were a pain in the arse, they had a few sherbets I think, in fact the whole little group were largeing it, BUT 3 years? No way is that proportionate, we were all kids once and did daft things. I think that they should have been given an option, like help clean up the seats at the valley or 3 year bans.

Also what about everyone (a couple of hundred) that ran on the pitch at the end, will they be banned?

Ridiculous, and to echo above, its a shot across the bows of the fans by the club regarding any pitch protests this season, the regime really are cunts of the highest order.

This.

The steward decided to chase him around the ground that then caused more disruption to the customers at Welling than him initially running on the pitch.

Pitch invasion is traditional at Welling.
  • That ban is way over the top. I guess they'd have a case to contest the length of it but probably chose not to given how shite we are.
  • kentred2 said:

Once the scum have sold up there should be an honours board for all those who had banning orders or had been arrested for protesting.

Really?
  • BUY SOME PLAYERS FFS

Perfect deflection from the real issues!
  • If the alleged transgressors really want to come to games at Charlton, it's not going to be difficult for them is it? Tickets can be acquired easily enough. Pitch invasions are always going to result in bans, if the stewards catch you that is. A tough line has been taken for appearances sake, in the hope it will have a deterrent effect. Wonder if all those Burnley fans would be welcomed back to the Valley next time...? My money's on 'Yes'.
    The chaps working on the OS must have been delighted to have anything to post this week, it's not like THE USELESS SHOWER ARE ACTUALLY SIGNING ANY BLASTED FOOTBALL PLAYERS IS IT? BERKS!!
  • WSS said:

3 years for going on the pitch at Welling? Seriously?

Didn't help their cause when they said they were not renewing.
  • To quote the great Monty Python...

YOU LUCKY LUCKY... LUCKY, LUCKY BARSTARDS!!
  • Sponsored links:

• That ban is way over the top. I guess they'd have a case to contest the length of it but probably chose not to given how shite we are.

They can't legally, the valley is private property, they have the right to refuse entry, it's not a court ban
  • Davo55 said:

Of course it is a blatant warning/threat about fan behaviour during the season ahead.

Well, they can go fuck themselves. August may be a little quiet while the situation is assessed but unless the club pull their fingers out pronto, back Slade, strengthen the squad and start (finally) to act in a professional manner there is going to be one hell of a shitstorm coming there way September onwards - threats or no threats.

And I'm not just talking about CARD stuff here. The great thing about the Burnley game was how different fans took the initiative to make their point in their own way. It was the perfect storm - and there'll be more of where that came from if they continue to shit all over our club and us, the fans.

Why wait till September
  • Davo55 said:

Of course it is a blatant warning/threat about fan behaviour during the season ahead.

Well, they can go fuck themselves. August may be a little quiet while the situation is assessed but unless the club pull their fingers out pronto, back Slade, strengthen the squad and start (finally) to act in a professional manner there is going to be one hell of a shitstorm coming there way September onwards - threats or no threats.

And I'm not just talking about CARD stuff here. The great thing about the Burnley game was how different fans took the initiative to make their point in their own way. It was the perfect storm - and there'll be more of where that came from if they continue to shit all over our club and us, the fans.

With you all the way Davo.

Apart from turning up for the pre match protests, my self imposed ban won't be lifted until.the cancer currently killing our club has gone.
  • "The club has also imposed banning orders on the two individuals who invaded the pitch during the course of the game at the club’s final home match of the 2015/16 season against Burnley in May, which resulted in the referee having to stop play"

Doesn't state how long for , any idea?

I was a bit boozed up but can only recall one fella going on who gave them a decent enough run around
  • waldo said:

kentred2 said:

Once the scum have sold up there should be an honours board for all those who had banning orders or had been arrested for protesting.

Really?
    Of course.
  • Stig said:

Once again the club have overstated what they have done and made themselves look more powerful than they really are. They have banned individuals (imposed a ban), they have not imposed banning orders, only a court of law can do that.

If not an official banning order then I can't see how they can stop them attending away games ( unless their parents are stopping their pocket money)
  • The invasion of the entire club by RD has been going on for 2 and a half years and officialdom is not in the slightest bit interested.
  • "The club has also imposed banning orders on the two individuals who invaded the pitch during the course of the game at the club’s final home match of the 2015/16 season against Burnley in May, which resulted in the referee having to stop play"

Doesn't state how long for , any idea?

I was a bit boozed up but can only recall one fella going on who gave them a decent enough run around

It was only a few minutes.
  • I call bollocks on this! I think its a threat for the future.

You've expressed this far more succinctly and accurately than I could have.

It sounds complete rubbish to me.
    They can't "issue a banning order", they can only ban them - there's a significant difference.

They haven't named them, therefore how can a ban be enforced?

They've announced their reaction to an event in May a few days before the season starts. Coincidence?
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited August 2016
    So it is a club ban at the Valley, not an official court sanctioned ban from attending any kind of football for 3 years. Whenever you see the corner flag on the club official site, you just know it is going to be some bullshit statement.
  • The lad was bragging on Facebook about it.

After he was banned he phoned the club to apologise and was asked if he was prepared to pay the £20k fine. He declined
  • Swisdom said:

The lad was bragging on Facebook about it.

After he was banned he phoned the club to apologise and was asked if he was prepared to pay the £20k fine. He declined

Good. Let that old prick in Belgium pay it.
  • Swisdom said:

£20k fine for a couple of smoke bombs and about 90secs on the pitch?

Do me a favour.

Anyway, it was at Welling and they are responsible for their ground so surely Goldberg is paying it?
  • Chizz said:

Does it seem strange that these people have not been named?

It is a civil order rather than a lawful one. If it was lawful in which meant the the incident led to arrests or criminal proceedings then yes names could be published. Personally i think its a load of old tosh, should they have done it? No. Did they deserve a ban for three years? No. A letter and warning would have been enough.

I cant see how the club can enforce a banning order on the two for away games, yes they can say you are not allowed to enter our stadium, but they cannot enforce this on other clubs and have not been found guilty of such in a court in which has sentenced them to a banning order.
  • Most on here were raging that there were a number of Charlton fans behaving badly at the Welling game. Then when they are actually banned our comments are along the lines of fuck the regime? I know we all hate them and for a good reason but come on, don't blame everything on them, wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we'll see is a post entitled "How the regime ruined my marriage".
  • Swisdom said:

What 20k fine? When did this happen?
  • Most on here were raging that there were a number of Charlton fans behaving badly at the Welling game. Then when they are actually banned our comments are along the lines of fuck the regime? I know we all hate them and for a good reason but come on, don't blame everything on them, wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we'll see is a post entitled "How the regime ruined my marriage".

I think you've missed the point.
  • 3 Year ban , that's almost as long as Rolands self imposed exile
  • Greenie said:

Most on here were raging that there were a number of Charlton fans behaving badly at the Welling game. Then when they are actually banned our comments are along the lines of fuck the regime? I know we all hate them and for a good reason but come on, don't blame everything on them, wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we'll see is a post entitled "How the regime ruined my marriage".

I think you've missed the point.
    I think he makes a good one to be fair. The kid was largely slagged off on Facebook for being a numpty. Same on here - but now he's actually held accountable for this behaviour it's an outrage