Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL Trophy draw - now apparently

Comments

• oldbloke said:

Millwall away cup midweek to Luton will bring back some memories

Luton away can be a pain in the arse for us. Little groups of hoodies roaming around looking for stray Millwall fans so they can take 'revenge' for a game that took place before they was even thought of!

• CAFCTrev said:

Charlton v Crawley, actual attendance 1,497 but announced as.......

1,497? Ambitious! :smile:
  • That's the worst possible way those fixtures could have turned out
  • IA said:

So, if I've got this right, Charlton Ladies play Crawley Town reserves, Southampton Under 11s play our first team and our under 18s play Colchester Veterans XI.

Yes, and before each match, the away team has to travel via Middlesbrough.
    Presumably, the team with the least points has to go through to the next phase of the competition.
  • CAFCTrev said:

• If anyone (apart from a few hardy souls who are on a run of consecutive home games) turns up for these games I despair.

By the way, do we know yet if there will be a £3 surcharge for buying on the night?
  • CAFCTrev said:

• If anyone (apart from a few hardy souls who are on a run of consecutive home games) turns up for these games I despair.

By the way, do we know yet if there will be a £3 surcharge for buying on the night?

They'll pay us £3 to attend
  • Sponsored links:

• Our websites spelling of Crawley haha
  • I was hoping for Crawley away. I now will probably not attend a game in this competition.
  • I was hoping for Crawley away. I now will probably not attend a game in this competition.

Same as me. I wouldn't say I was heart broken though!

I might go to Crawley v Colchester !
  • Boysie said:

To be fair there are some good Derbies in there...

Millwall v Gillingham
    Southend v Leyton Orient
    Norwich v Peterborough
    Swindon v Oxford
    Swansea v Newport
    Bristol Rovers v Yeovil
    Middlesbrough v Scunthorpe
    Sunderland v Hartlepool
    Derby v Port Vale

etc.

Derby v Port Vale ? That's a new one.
    Only 35m apart. Not as close as Port Vale v Stoke, of course.
  • se9addick said:

I was hoping for Crawley away. I now will probably not attend a game in this competition.

I might go to Crawley v Colchester !
    Haha I'm not sure I'm desperate enough to tick that ground off my list haha.

same

This. These games are perfect for a boycott even for the people that are planning to attend home league games on a match by match basis rather than a season ticket.
  • Re West Ham Playing all games away.

There is nothing in the stadium contract that prevents them playing at the OS. But - probably, we are checking - they have to pay a large amount to do so. So instead, some lower league clubs have to pay the overhead or policing costs to entertain West Ham. None of this, apparently is of any concern to the numpties at the EFL. Not yet, anyway.....
  • So mickey mouse penalty shoot outs for all draws after 90mins for a group point.
  • Sponsored links:

• EFL Trophy ‏@EFLTrophy 2h2 hours ago
    In answer to some queries, regional split for groups done on a divisional basis, so eg @CTFCofficial in the 12 most northerly #League2 clubs

Hate to say it makes sense...
  • oldbloke said:

Millwall away cup midweek to Luton will bring back some memories

Luton away can be a pain in the arse for us. Little groups of hoodies roaming around looking for stray Millwall fans so they can take 'revenge' for a game that took place before they was even thought of!

Always good to be able to see it from someone else's perspective, even if it is just once in a while.
  • LouisMend said:

Our home games are Southampton u23s and Crawley

Away to Colchester

FFS
  • That will be no 'EFL Trophy' games for me then. Crawley Town away would have been handy but that's not happening and you can keep the weston homes identikit facility and Colchester's "unique" welcome. Might think about a game at The Valley, if the nightmeire made it free entry but I'd guess that's not allowed.
    This season's format looked like a stinker when they announced it.
    It got holed below the water line when 6 of the invitees said 'No thanks'.
    This draw has now buggered it for so many teams with preposterous journeys - Cambridge v 'Boro, Cheltenham v Blackpool - FFS there will barely any more at those games than at Charlton's.
    Back to the drawing board Mr Williamson et al. Better yet let 2017 draw a quiet veil over this meaningless inconvenience.

Not to worry, you can go there for our league 2 game with them next season.
  • Wonder if Latrien has a nervous tic under her eye at the moment after seeing that Colchester away tie and even as we speak is now typing out an email to Russell Slade stating: Sign whoever you want
  • This competition is an absolute crock of sh!t. What would it take for them to give up on it entirely? The last thing that lower league clubs need, in terms of cost of hosting or fixture congestion, is to be required to give the Premier League teams' reserves a 'competitive' run out.

I hope all clubs treat it with the disdain it deserves.

And allow their scouts watch any youngsters put in the team, as they will be prioritizing the league...

And then have them away, for a pittance, under the "Elite Player Performance Plan"...

This. These games are perfect for a boycott even for the people that are planning to attend home league games on a match by match basis rather than a season ticket.
    Think even ST holders will also boycott these games in particular Southampton.