Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich | Tue 26 July | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Zzzzzz, wake me up when it's done. Sorry for any mugs being surcharged
  • Options
    Never watched a friendly in my life so no intention of starting now.
  • Options

Patrick Bauer ‏@patrick5bauer 57m57 minutes ago
    Really excited to be back painfree in full training with the lads! Buzzing to make my first appearance in this season soon!

Anyone care to give odds on how long that will last?
  • Options
    We'll get spanked 4-1
  • Options
    I dragged myself to Orient on Saturday to avoid paying for a ticket at the valley tonight. It will be a long time until I pay for a ticket there. Will be another worrying evening I imagine.
  • Options
    Lee Novak misses out with a broken hand, obviously.
  • Options

Lee Novak misses out with a broken hand, obviously.

Training ground punch up with Tony Watt I heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard he was asked to go in Goal and broke his hand after trying to stop a Simon Church (back on trial) thunderbolt of a shot
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 16m16 minutes ago
    Bit of team info and trialist update in that piece too. Gobern working on fitness and won't feature v Ipswich.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    our trialists need to try it goes with the job discription at real clubs
  • Options
    Are we not supposed to have two new players including a keeper signed and sealed in time for this? They haven't learned a thing, have they? Gonna be fielding an even weaker squad than the last two years.
  • Options
    Is anybody actually attending this match ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Is anybody actually attending this match ?

As tempting as paying to see a meaningless friendly against Ipswich is I think I'm going to pass on going to it. I hope the club doesn't think i'm weird.

Roll on Bury away.
  • Options

Bit of team info and trialist update in that piece too. Gobern working on fitness and won't feature v Ipswich.

Jesus wept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Jesus wept.
    Precisely.
  • Options

Really doesn't reflect very well on Gobern if as a free agent 11 days before the season starts he isn't deemed fit enough to play any part in a pre-season friendly.

Surely the bare minimum you'd expect a free agent to do is keep himself reasonably up to speed? Foley, Crofts and Buxton were able to. Why wasn't he?

Does seem a poor reflection on him. Maybe he's been injured? With Rolands track record we'll probably offer him a 4 year deal.
  • Options
    Just put £40 on ipswich to win tonight on SkyBet.. Returns £86... Easy money surely?
  • Options
    Just got 5/1 for Ipswich to win both halves
  • Options
    From this

to

• Options

Just put £40 on ipswich to win tonight on SkyBet.. Returns £86... Easy money surely?

shine166 said:

Just got 5/1 for Ipswich to win both halves

Good work, that looks incredibly generous to me.
  • Options
    I'm going and taking my step son 3, it will be his first ever Charlton game and seeing as my ex wife (who's son he is) is now dating a Palace fan with his palace tattoo I'm getting in there first lol
  • Options
    uie2 said:

I'm going and taking my step son 3, it will be his first ever Charlton game and seeing as my ex wife (who's son he is) is now dating a Palace fan with his palace tattoo I'm getting in there first lol

I'd prefer my missus to leave me for a pigmy than a palace fan lol