Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Orient (pre-season friendly) Match Thread 23/7/16

Afternoon folks, welcome to today's match thread. It'll be interesting to see what type of team RS puts out and if we have any 'trialists'!! I think we are still desperately short players across the park, - G/keeper, CH, RB, DM, AM, Striker. Just 14 days until we ko the new season against Bury and there is much work to do.
I'll bring as much of the action as I can for those that want it.

Comments

• Options
    Hi RM how's the old ticker?
  • Options
  • Options

This deserves a worried response.
  • Options
    Nicky Ajose and Chris Solly miss out with slight injuries. New signing Andrew Crofts has a dead leg but should be fine for Tuesday
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Solly and Ajose have "knocks" while Crofts has a dead leg.

No sign of Foley or Buxton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such A weak squad , miles behind on quality compared to 4 years ago . Too reliant on kids , no pace or attacking threat in the centre , and the guy we've actually paid good money for is nowhere to be seen. Just another season Being a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Where is Buxton and Foley then? I thought we would have taken both of those to strenghten a very weak squad.
  • Options
    Also only 6 subs!!!!
  • Options
    Joke of a squad but what should we expect with this lot...
  • Options
    Paper thin squad.
  • Options
    Only Texeira would get anywhere near the 11/12 team
  • Options
    6 academy players who haven't started a league match for us before.

• Options
  • Options
    Surely that's the sign they all need in terms of how thin this bloody squad is. I know it's obvious but then you look at that it really hits home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't that the referee who hates us as well?
  • Options
    very, very worried. Squad gets thinner & thinner as every season goes by.

May go tues night to gauge the team myself - totally different to Welling just 2 weeks ago and the 2nd half team there wasn't the best !!

odds on relegation.
  • Options
    Oh dear. At least the apologists have got an excuse if we get beaten.
  • Options
    Lol. Waiting at Stratford for the Central Line. Seriously considering going home.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Oh boy
  • Options
    3 new signings this week and no more departures or else we really are in trouble
  • Options
    Is Konsa a full back?

Where is RCC?

Bauer, Lennon, Solly, Ajose, Crofts, Lookman all to return soon (we hope) but just shows how thin we are again because we WILL get injuries and suspensions.

Still 5 weeks to beef up the squad though.
  • Options

3 new signings this week and no more departures or else we really are in trouble

Id say we need 5/6 more to be honest
  • Options
    A comment taken from Twitter, makes sad reading-:

So 2 weeks before the season starts, half our squad are kids and we can only put out 6 subs for a friendly. Keep up the good work #cafc
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Id say we need 5/6 more to be honest
    And not stop gaps like Crofts- proper first team players