Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Munich shooting

Comments

• Options

Maybe on this occasion it's not Islamic but 99% of other attacks are.

What a load of absolute crap.
  • Options
    I think

We're still not using basic common sense then? Maybe on this occasion it's not Islamic but 99% of other attacks are. I'm not one of those that tars all with 1 brush, I'm not even against letting more migrants in in the slightest, I think it's important to better integrate Muslim communities as some already have in the UK.
    What I can't stand however is whenever there's a noteworthy attack every lefty in the world sits there and prays that it's a white person/ ''mental health" related so they can bang on about their agenda. Yes you can say the same for the other side but as a person in between you tend to see trends emerging.

Agenda ? You seem to be the only person so far with an agenda. If it's loony left to not get all Daily Mail about stuff like this then I'm guilty of being a lefty apologist
  • Options
    Somalia is 99.8% Muslim. It's a pretty odds on assumption.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Now look, I haven't come on here to start some kind of race war so I'll leave it here. I find it hard to believe that it was just by chance that an Israeli, an American, a Brit and an Australian just happened to be caught up in a 'random attack' by a Muslim. Ultimately, everyone who is able to take someone life is mentally ill, but if it was a right wing man who done it eg. Breivik, that excuse isn't made for him.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Now look, I haven't come on here to start some kind of race war so I'll leave it here. I find it hard to believe that it was just by chance that an Israeli, an American, a Brit and an Australian just happened to be caught up in a 'random attack' by a Muslim. Ultimately, everyone who is able to take someone life is mentally ill, but it was a right wing man who done it eg. Breivik, that excuse isn't made for him.

Good to see you are using that common sense that you posted about previously.......

*whisper quietly* Didn't that police officer who I expect knows more about the situation then us mention in a press conference that he believed it was a spontaneous attack and the victims were selected at random? Probably makes sense considering he was running around a busy area in a very multicultural city like London. *whisper quietly*
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Like I've said, there's a chance of that, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But when a random loon goes on an attack they don't have armed police out in the area the next day. I've been within 200m of stabbings in Greenwich and the next day you wouldn't even know it happened if you wasn't there. It's clear as day that there's something they're not telling us.
  • Options

Like I've said, there's a chance of that, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But when a random loon goes on an attack they don't have armed police out in the area the next day. I've been within 200m of stabbings in Greenwich and the next day you wouldn't even know it happened if you wasn't there. It's clear as day that there's something they're not telling us.

Ah, I get it now...
  • Options

So you're not one to tar everyone with the same brush, but it's an odds on assumption that if a Muslim commits a crime, it must be related to terrorism?
  • Options
    Reassurance patrols are a standard policing technique.

To reassure the public, rather than in response to a specific threat.
  • Options

So you're not one to tar everyone with the same brush, but it's an odds on assumption that if a Muslim commits a crime, it must be related to terrorism?
    *murder, imagine if a BNP supporter (for example) killed 4 Muslims in a mental episode. Would anyone be arguing that it wasn't anything to do with his beliefs? Yes there's a difference between a religion and a political faction, but both have varying levels of fanaticism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

*murder, imagine if a BNP supporter (for example) killed 4 Muslims in a mental episode. Would anyone be arguing that it wasn't anything to do with his beliefs? Yes there's a difference between a religion and a political faction, but both have varying levels of fanaticism.
    You do realise you just compared being a muslim to being a member of the BNP.

If I were you, I'd stop digging.

How, in your distorted opinion, did this 19 year old happen to know the nationalities of the victims?
  • Options

How, in your distorted opinion, did this 19 year old happen to know the nationalities of the victims?
    You read what you want to read. You know what I mean.
  • Options
    I'm reading what you wrote, if you didn't mean to compare being Muslim to being a member of a racist organisation, what exactly did you mean?
  • Options

I'm reading what you wrote, if you didn't mean to compare being Muslim to being a member of a racist organisation, what exactly did you mean?

I apologise if you misinterpreted me but I in no way intended to make that kind of comparison, it was just for this occasion and it's what popped in to my head. Bottom line there are extremists and it's a great shame that the majority are tarnished by the actions of the minority but you simply cannot ignore the minority when it holds so much power in the current world.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

You read what you want to read. You know what I mean.
    In your last few posts you have attributed '99% of attacks' (what does that even mean) to Muslims, and gone on to argue that there's some sort of leftist conspiracy that is trying to claim that ISIS terrorism and ISIS inspired terrorism is in fact mental illness so to push some sort of lefty unknown agenda.

I mean I can't see what else you were trying to state, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    If it's such a shame, stop tarnishing everyone with the same brush.

Maybe I'm a little over sensitive, but where I live people are openly racist about Muslims.

Here's a typical conversation that could happen any day of my life

"Guys, I'm popping out to get something to eat, does anyone want anything?"

"What are you getting?"

"I fancy some melon"

"I don't eat food from Muslims" / "don't get stabbed"

Today in the office one of the girls asked me about the "muslim attack" today, I was curious, how she knew it was a muslim attack, her answer "what other kind of attack is there?" Pretty similar you your "Maybe on this occasion it's not Islamic but 99% of other attacks are."
  • Options
    lol you're lucky you edited that Stu cos that would have got jumped all over
  • Options
    Didn't explain myself very well in the heat of the moment, sorry. Not every Muslim is a terrorist, in fact it is a vast minority with there being so many Muslims in the world, however the vast majority of terror attacks in the world nowadays are carried out by Muslims. As to my 'lefty' point, I remember after almost every terror attack in the past few months/ past year the timeline of the tag is lefties claiming it was a fascist only for it to come out 10 minutes later it was a radical Muslim. On this occasion I was obviously wrong and I'll take that but sadly nowadays the majority of the time it is the case. As you said the vast majority of Muslims are incredibly welcoming and kind, been to a mates house who has Muslim relatives and you don't go 5 minutes without being offered something to eat/ drink. The Islamic culture aside from these radical is pretty much an ideal if today, a requirement to give a percentage of wages to charity etc. As I said on this occasion I was wrong and I'm sorry for offending any of you. It's a horrible world we live in today with people suffering everywhere at the hands of someone else, including Muslims at the hands of our governments which leads to responses which brings it closer to home and brings about emotional reactions.
  • Options
    What we don't know is whether or not this was an IS inspired attack - unlike the killing of the French priest by a known individual on a tag!

However it is not unreasonable to consider it a possibility in the current climate. Currently pretty much all terrorist attacks in Europe are by muslims who are IS inspired - that obviously doesn't correlate to all muslims being terrorists - even if it was a Somali national where 99.8% are muslim. It also doesn't mean that the authorities are keeping something from us.

Thirty years ago if there was an unexplained explosion it was assumed immediately that it was an IRA bomb. That wasn't always the case of course but natural in the climate then to make that connection. That didn't mean that all Irish people were bombers. In thirty years time it might be the North Koreans
  • Options

Heh, more fear of being deported than anything else, I really should be more careful with my criticism of China ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Heh, more fear of being deported than anything else, I really should be more careful with my criticism of China ;-)
    Never knew you lived in China @Stu_of_Kunming
  • Options

Hope he doesn't try to give his opinion on Brexit........
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options

I heard a rumor that you live in France.

It's probably for the best we don't speak about it though.
  • Options

"You wouldn't even know it happened if you wasn't there".

You could say that about a lot of things really...
  • Options
    Like I said a couple weeks ago, possibly even on this thread some people would be more than happy to see a brutal attack that isn't Islamic, just so they can call a bunch of people racists and say "you racist bastards assumed it was terrorism didn't you?!" There's loonies who are islampohobic and there's loonies who want to say that there is no link between Islam and terrorism. Being dogmatic on either side makes you a clown.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Like I said a couple weeks ago, possibly even on this thread some people would be more than happy to see a brutal attack that isn't Islamic, just so they can call a bunch of people racists and say "you racist bastards assumed it was terrorism didn't you?!" There's loonies who are islampohobic and there's loonies who want to say that there is no link between Islam and terrorism. Being dogmatic on either side makes you a clown.

I want a world where there is no attacks, but I don't know how people expect to achieve that without acknowledging the issue that Islam has. It's probably the biggest question of this generation and it's hard to comprehend what can be done to stop it. It's affecting people all over the globe, not only in our western countries but in Iraq, Syria etc. where the majority of muslims don't want anything to do with it and despise it as much as anyone else does.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Huskaris said:

I want a world where there is no attacks, but I don't know how people expect to achieve that without acknowledging the issue that Islam has. It's probably the biggest question of this generation and it's hard to comprehend what can be done to stop it. It's affecting people all over the globe, not only in our western countries but in Iraq, Syria etc. where the majority of muslims don't want anything to do with it and despise it as much as anyone else does.
    Precisely this. There are people who hate people who are different, people who want to put their finger in their ears and play "Guardian olympics" eg Islam tramps women's rights etc, and then pragmatic people who realise that tolerance and integration but with a certain level of expectation is required with regards to all helping eradicate the problem
  • Options
    Croydon said:

If it's such a shame, stop tarnishing everyone with the same brush.

Maybe I'm a little over sensitive, but where I live people are openly racist about Muslims.

Here's a typical conversation that could happen any day of my life

"Guys, I'm popping out to get something to eat, does anyone want anything?"

"What are you getting?"

"I fancy some melon"

"I don't eat food from Muslims" / "don't get stabbed"

Today in the office one of the girls asked me about the "muslim attack" today, I was curious, how she knew it was a muslim attack, her answer "what other kind of attack is there?" Pretty similar you your "Maybe on this occasion it's not Islamic but 99% of other attacks are."

Christ the banter is awful in China
    Never mind that, who pops out to get melon?