Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Munich shooting

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

To be fair less than an hour later they've corrected it. If you want 24 hour news you have to be prepared for it to be fast moving, there is no conspiracy.

People were moaning at it from 5am though, according to Twitter. That's still a couple hours after the facts were known, surprisingly The Guardian appear to be the best outlet for this kind of stuff.

I agree there's no conspiracy, however it certainly fits in with the agenda that some try and push though. (i.e a massive media cover-up.)
    The Guardian are very good about what they publish and endorse and what they don't on their live blog. They are very old fashioned in that they make a conscious attempt to verify things before stating them as fact.

I agree that with the 24 hour news cycle (and we can debate whether that's good or bad), you're always going to get silliness and inaccuracies. In the first 24-48 hours it's incredibly important to take things with a grain of salt.
  • Rather than start yet another new thread concentrating on terrorism, I have posted the above news alert on the situation in Normandy. Hoping this situation solves itself peacefully and quickly.
  • Both hostage takers now shot dead.

Excellent.
  • Reports saying the Priest is dead - that he had his throat slit.

• RIP to the innocent victim(s).
  • Well, he'll be canonised fairly sharpish I'd expect. And probably rightly so
  • Curb_It said:

Reports saying the Priest is dead - that he had his throat slit.

Wow, that is terrible
  • Unconfirmed rumours that the 86 year old priest was beheaded.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    Knifemen 'slit priest's throat' in Normandy church - Le Figaro
    Attackers had taken 86-year-old priest, two nuns and others hostage
    Police shot both assailants shortly after
    Attack took place in Saint-Etienne-du Rouvray, Normandy
    France on high alert following Bastille Day Massacre in Nice
    Police have shot dead two men who took a priest and several others hostage at knifepoint at a church in north-western France.

The men shouted "Daesh" and cut the priest's throat before being "neutralised," police said.

Le Figaro newspaper reported that the priest died after his throat was cut.

The men’s motives are still unknown. Elite police units rushed to the church in the Normandy town of Saint-Etienne-du Rouvray after the men seized a number of people including a priest and two nuns.
  • Reports that shouts of jihad were heard. Looking like its the usual suspects.
  • Murdered priest was 86 years old
    The priest who died after his throat was slashed by the attackers was 86 years old according to French newspaper Le Point.

The man, who is yet to be named, was ordained in 1958.

10:52am
    One hostage dead, second 'fighting for life'

hopefully a very long and painful fight which results in the bastard dying.

Think that is hostage mate as opposed to hostage takers. They're both already dead. I think
  • No, since updated to say second hostage fighting for his life.
  • edited July 2016

Murdered priest was 86 years old
    The priest who died after his throat was slashed by the attackers was 86 years old according to French newspaper Le Point.

The man, who is yet to be named, was ordained in 1958.

10:52am
    One hostage dead, second 'fighting for life'

hopefully a very long and painful fight which results in the bastard dying.

Think that is hostage mate as opposed to hostage takers. They're both already dead. I think
    complete misread of the article apologies, they are which is unfortunate as i would of liked them to have it drained out of them very slowly.
  • The men shouted "Daesh" and cut the priest's throat before being "neutralised," police said.

This part is strange. 'Daesh' is a perjorative term for ISIS, so if they affiliated themselves to the group, it would be very strange for them to use it.
  • IA said:

The men shouted "Daesh" and cut the priest's throat before being "neutralised," police said.

This part is strange. 'Daesh' is a perjorative term for ISIS, so if they affiliated themselves to the group, it would be very strange for them to use it.
    Daesh is more commonly used in France, if they shouted anything else, it wouldn't have meant much
  • Scummy coward cnuts an old peaceful man I bet their fukd up God Is proud of them,

If anyone finds themselves facing these fuckas your gonna die any way fight them let them shoot you or stab you whilst your fighting for your life not fleeing
  • If anyone finds themselves facing these fuckas your gonna die any way fight them let them shoot you or stab you whilst your fighting for your life not fleeing

I would rather die creating a chance for myself and others than to die pissing my pants through fear.
  • Knifemen 'slit priest's throat' in Normandy church - Le Figaro
    Attackers had taken 86-year-old priest, two nuns and others hostage
    Police shot both assailants shortly after
    Attack took place in Saint-Etienne-du Rouvray, Normandy
    France on high alert following Bastille Day Massacre in Nice
    Police have shot dead two men who took a priest and several others hostage at knifepoint at a church in north-western France.

Le Figaro newspaper reported that the priest died after his throat was cut.

The men’s motives are still unknown. Elite police units rushed to the church in the Normandy town of Saint-Etienne-du Rouvray after the men seized a number of people including a priest and two nuns.

"The men shouted Daesh"
    "The men's motives are still Unknown"

Really? You don't know? This is getting funny now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scummy coward cnuts an old peaceful man I bet their fukd up God Is proud of them,

If anyone finds themselves facing these fuckas your gonna die any way fight them let them shoot you or stab you whilst your fighting for your life not fleeing

Dont say anything about their God as they're chopping you up that's islamophobic.
  • Reports of anothet shooting in Germany ay a Dr's surgery
  • edited July 2016
    Chizz said:
    Sounds very unrelated, hopefully not anyway.
  • Due out there in a week or so for work at some music festivals, got mates working there now, some at the festival where the suicide bomber was this week

Wife don't want me to go out there, we are at reasons festival in Jersey from Thursday with the client reckon it's gonna be a topic we have to discuss
  • 5000 known Islamists in France and 3000 in the UK according to an expert on the box, it takes 25-30 people to monitor EACH ONE. That is without the 'Lone wolf' types who will arm themselves with whatever and go and do some damage.

Isis now claimed Normandy attack.
  • 5000 known Islamists in France and 3000 in the UK according to an expert on the box, it takes 25-30 people to monitor EACH ONE. That is without the 'Lone wolf' types who will arm themselves with whatever and go and do some damage.

If the evidence is valid that they are known islamists (whatever that means) then bring in internment. I don't give a tinker's cuss about civil liberties - tough times call for tough measures and all that.

If 5000 are known in France and 3000 are known in the UK why are we wasting money on monitoring them. Round them up, put them on planes and push them out over Syria so they can join up with their leaders.

These cnuts have no intention of becoming "European", drop them head first into the sand where the fuckers belong
  • edited July 2016
    bobmunro said:

5000 known Islamists in France and 3000 in the UK according to an expert on the box, it takes 25-30 people to monitor EACH ONE. That is without the 'Lone wolf' types who will arm themselves with whatever and go and do some damage.

If the evidence is valid that they are known islamists (whatever that means) then bring in internment. I don't give a tinker's cuss about civil liberties - tough times call for tough measures and all that.
    If the attacks continue internment is going to be the least of the Muslim communities worries. It's not hard to see a St Bartholemews Day style backlash being sparked sooner or later. If Le Pen gets into power I doubt there will be any political will to stop it either.

If 5000 are known in France and 3000 are known in the UK why are we wasting money on monitoring them. Round them up, put them on planes and push them out over Syria so they can join up with their leaders.

These cnuts have no intention of becoming "European", drop them head first into the sand where the fuckers belong
    I personally would like to see those 5000 and 3000 receive death by consumption of raw pork.