Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pope has his say, even big Tone gets a mention.

Comments

• Big Tone? Jimenez? Can't see anything...
  • Sorry.. @ibborg is going to be mad at me. :(

"When you are in a relegation battle you need people to man up and show some cojones and get on with it. We didn’t have enough."

Apparently we didn't have enough Tony Cojones? Maybe if we had more there would be some work done on redeveloping Sparrows Lane...
  • edited July 2016
    Also, can we keep this thread and rename it "SDAddick's quest to secure the legacy of Johann Berg Gudmundsson?"

Whoosh.

"cojones"

Saw that and thought "Top man Popey"
  • Not a massive revelation is it? Pretty sure another player has already said the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cojones.
  • SDAddick said:

"You can’t say it was just the overseas boys because Johann [Berg Gudmundsson] was one who really cared and gave everything every week."

So can we put the "he didn't try when they qualified" thing to bed please? I don't put any faith in reading body language or facial expressions, and every match I saw Johann worked harder than he ever got credit for, but things didn't come off for him due to lack of creativity and ability elsewhere on the pitch.

The same thing happened during the year before, teams were able to double up on him when we had Harriott and Igor up front, but when Watt and Bulot came into the team they were good enough to create space and drag defenders all over the place, freeing up space for Johann.

Surely you need to take a pinch of salt with the JBG quote as he is playing with Pope at Burnley next season? Not saying JBG did or didn't perform, only questioning the reliability of the information.
  • cafcinse6 said:

SDAddick said:

"You can’t say it was just the overseas boys because Johann [Berg Gudmundsson] was one who really cared and gave everything every week."

So can we put the "he didn't try when they qualified" thing to bed please? I don't put any faith in reading body language or facial expressions, and every match I saw Johann worked harder than he ever got credit for, but things didn't come off for him due to lack of creativity and ability elsewhere on the pitch.

The same thing happened during the year before, teams were able to double up on him when we had Harriott and Igor up front, but when Watt and Bulot came into the team they were good enough to create space and drag defenders all over the place, freeing up space for Johann.

Surely you need to take a pinch of salt with the JBG quote as he is playing with Pope at Burnley next season? Not saying JBG did or didn't perform, only questioning the reliability of the information.
    Okay, I agree to take it with a pinch of salt, but given that a lot of the criticisms of him are based on "body language" and "facial expressions," I think that pinch of salt should certainly go both ways.
  • T.C.E said:
    A very decent read that.

Fingers crossed this better set up will help us keep some players... oh wait...