Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    The quick fire sale continues. Good luck Nick.
  • Options
    Fook me that revolving door at Sparrow's Lane will be spinning off its axis.
  • Options
    So thats three in... three out now...

Trying to think if it was sensible of them to do it that way or whether they should have the other way round
  • Options

So thats three in... three out now...

Trying to think if it was sensible of them to do it that way or whether they should have the other way round

A lot of factors in that, including, presumably, finance. I'm not one who thinks Roland is in this for a quick buck, but most clubs will need to understand their budget for the upcoming year, and then plan accordingly. Cousins and JBG should not have been a surprise to the club. I get the impression they wanted to hold on to Pope.

At the start of the summer I expected that Kashi, Bauer, and Tex would all be on their way out as well. Given injuries for the first two, I'm not sure it will happen now, though for Bauer it might be a loan with a view to buy toward the end of the window when he's fit. As for Tex, I think it's pretty clear that, unfortunately, he wants to go and doesn't want to play League One football.

For me, the real mark of incompetence will be if we don't have 2-3 lined up already and have them in the door within the next week. We're now playing catch-up, which again, should have been expected.
  • Options
    Why is it always an 'undisclosed' fee these days? Is it the same case in other clubs?
  • Options

Why is it always an 'undisclosed' fee these days? Is it the same case in other clubs?

It just makes business sense... wish they would apply this in other areas

• Options
    Either the money for risking frost bite and trench foot on Burnley's bench is unturndownable or life at Sparrows Lane and Floyd Road is properly miserable. Nick's chosen league cup appearances and hoping that Tom Heaton gets injured over being first choice and proving exactly how good he can be. The experience gained from playing regularly would be invaluable for such a young goalie.
    Good luck Nick, hope your decision works well for you.
  • Options

Either the money for risking frost bite and trench foot on Burnley's bench is unturndownable or life at Sparrows Lane and Floyd Road is properly miserable. Nick's chosen league cup appearances and hoping that Tom Heaton gets injured over being first choice and proving exactly how good he can be. The experience gained from playing regularly would be invaluable for such a young goalie.
    Good luck Nick, hope your decision works well for you.

The money must play a significant part, 3 or 4 times his current salary (at a wild guess) is hard to turn down, and all it takes is Heaton to get injury, and he'll be playing in the PL

• Options
    I think with a bit more good coaching he's going to be a cracking keeper in the future, all the best Nick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sarr loan
    Vetokele loan
    3 transfered
    one missing
    X amount injured

all going well so far

Watt loan (seemingly to Hearts) imminent too. Injuries will be high as well this season as a back lash of last season's work and lack of professional training/constant changing of style of play - it taxes the body.

Buy first - get some ST sales by saying all is well and let the money be hit onto us for promotion - then sell all that is good. And people still fall for RD when he tries to soften you up, a tiger's stripes don't change.
  • Options
    did Burnley get a BOGOF deal?
  • Options

Sarr loan
    Vetokele loan
    3 transfered
    one missing
    X amount injured

all going well so far

Watt loan (seemingly to Hearts) imminent too. Injuries will be high as well this season as a back lash of last season's work and lack of professional training/constant changing of style of play - it taxes the body.

Buy first - get some ST sales by saying all is well and let the money be hit onto us for promotion - then sell all that is good. And people still fall for RD when he tries to soften you up, a tiger's stripes don't change.
    I think the timing is more coincidence really, the players who have gone (other than perhaps Pope) are ones that the majority of supporters would have expected to leave. I doubt anyone would have renewed expecting to see JBG and Cousins next season!
  • Options
    If Walker does come in I'm not that bothered about Pope going. It's only if we get to August and still haven't signed anyone I'll be worried.
  • Options
    front page of the os 2 players leaving and season tickets on sale LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I've always felt that its because clubs dont want their rivals to know how much money we've got.

i.e. If we released information which said that Pope was sold for £1m and then went to sign the Accrington goalkeeper for £10k, the Accrington response could instantly be: Piss off, we know you've just got £1m so can stump up a lot more cash than that!!
  • Options
    It's
  • Options
    Good luck Nick!
  • Options

I've always felt that its because clubs dont want their rivals to know how much money we've got.

i.e. If we released information which said that Pope was sold for £1m and then went to sign the Accrington goalkeeper for £10k, the Accrington response could instantly be: Piss off, we know you've just got £1m so can stump up a lot more cash than that!!
    Sure there's some truth in that, but it wasn't the case with Gomez last year.

Liverpool: "we paid about £3m for Joe Gomez".
    Charlton: "we sold Joe Gomez for an undisclosed fee, but don't listen to the scousers, it was loads more than £3m."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least I won't have to hear commentators on CAFCPlayer call him Nicky Pope anymore
  • Options
    Very likeable young man and bundles of potential. All the best to him
  • Options
    As long as we got a decent price for Pope, I'm fairly glad that he's been sold. Myself and my lad always used to call him 'Soap-on-a-rope' Pope because he never filled us full of confidence. He always seemed a bit lightweight.

Though he did make a couple of fine saves last season.

• Options

Best of luck to him. Could've been our best keeper since Deano if we weren't a shambles.

Sorry what? I'm annoyed he's gone and obviously annoyed by the manner at which he's left but best keeper since Deano? Are we talking about the same keeper who continually spilt free kicks and used to chuck them in for fun?!
  • Options

As far as promotion is concerned we haven't got a prayer now
  • Options
    Just makes me ever happier that i have not bought my season tickets!

Good luck Nicky.
  • Options
    Like many of our departures the last couple of years, while I'm not desperately upset to see him go (though he's definitely improved a lot and would be good at L1 level) the problem is that I have no confidence he'll be adequately replaced...
  • Options
    I'm hearing DaveStorry is at SL in talks. ;)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Best of luck to him. Could've been our best keeper since Deano if we weren't a shambles.

Sorry what? I'm annoyed he's gone and obviously annoyed by the manner at which he's left but best keeper since Deano? Are we talking about the same keeper who continually spilt free kicks and used to chuck them in for fun?!
    Could've been ie with a year or two more growth. He will be a PL regular very very soon IMO.