Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Claus Jensen

I am reliably informed that 16 years ago today,one Claus Jensen signed for us.
What a gifted player.
From Bolton.Managed by Big Sam.
How times have changed.
Illustrates our demise very clearly---they really do seem like such good times and are,
it seems,unlikely to ever be repeated if ownership doesn't change.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, he was a very talented player indeed.
  • Options
    Class Jensen
  • Options
    Class Jensen as we called him!
  • Options
    Really was a class act
  • Options
    Wonderful to watch, he created himself so much time and space with his movement, the last quality player we had that had the ability to just 'ghost' past people..and that goal against the Arse
  • Options

Wonderful to watch, he created himself so much time and space with his movement, the last quality player we had that had the ability to just 'ghost' past people..and that goal against the Arse

I agree, wonderful to watch...until he tried to put in a tackle, that was grim viewing :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the bloke behind me & his wife used to absolutely slate him every game, all game because he didn't tackle

:-(
  • Options
    We won't see his like again.
  • Options
    Only player I've ever got a name and number on the back of a shirt. Legend
  • Options
    Santa Claus!
    I do still remember his missed last minute penalty against Villa though (we lost 2-1 I think)
  • Options
    I loved seeing him run with the ball. He almost seemed to glide up the pitch and more often than not, found the right pass at the right time.
  • Options
    Sadly only now a distant memory. The likelyhood of seeing his quality playing in a Charlton shirt are presently so remote, i suspect i'll be pushing up daisies if it ever happens.

Thankyou to all the shit bags, Belgian or otherwise that have ruined this club... oh and FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!
  • Options
    Brilliant goal to put us one up against United at home. Great set piece taker as well. Along with Mortimer and Di Canio the most technically gifted player I have seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    I can't believe this thread, living in the past all of you! Why go on about a former player when we have what's his name ba playing for us!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That team with DiCanio, Parker, Jensen etc .........that was our best ever team and sadly will probably remain so. At least we have the memories when we were briefly one of the best teams in the country!
  • Options

I can't believe this thread, living in the past all of you! Why go on about a former player when we have what's his name ba playing for us!!!!

Johnson
  • Options

Class. One of my favourite ever players.
    While his goal at Highbury is the one everyone will mention first, I will never forget his last minute goal at The Valley v Blackburn.

THIS!
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Santa Claus!
    I do still remember his missed last minute penalty against Villa though (we lost 2-1 I think)

Haha I remember that one.

Over the jimmy seed stand it went.

Free kicks - yes. Absolute legend.

Pens - will either be the best pen you will ever see....or will be the opposite.
  • Options

That team with DiCanio, Parker, Jensen etc .........that was our best ever team and sadly will probably remain so. At least we have the memories when we were briefly one of the best teams in the country!

And had Parker not fucked of on transfer deadline day we would have qualified for Europe.
    How times have changed
  • Options

And had Parker not fucked of on transfer deadline day we would have qualified for Europe.
    How times have changed
    Champions league a certainty - what Chelsea did to us was a disgrace! I always love it when they get beat!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

the bloke behind me & his wife used to absolutely slate him every game, all game because he didn't tackle

:-(

Kish doing the dirty work.

Parker doing the dirty work and creative.

Claus doing the creative and excellent at it.

Matt holland covering ground, passing sideways, creative and every now and again a screamer.

Well that's my vague memory of the set up as a 10 year old
  • Options

I am reliably informed that 16 years ago today,one Claus Jensen signed for us.
    What a gifted player.
    From Bolton.Managed by Big Sam.
    How times have changed.
    Illustrates our demise very clearly---they really do seem like such good times and are,
    it seems,unlikely to ever be repeated if ownership doesn't change.

It also shows the demise of Bolton....

That summer we also tried to sign Eidur Gudjohnsen from Bolton, but were beaten by Chelsea
  • Options

How times have changed
    Champions league a certainty - what Chelsea did to us was a disgrace! I always love it when they get beat!
    That and the beach pitch