Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wasps

Hate the poxy things. Pointless. Just been stung 4 times after standing on a nest in a lawn. F##k off. Rant over.

Comments

• they aren't pointless - they've just cheered me up on a shite day because they provoked this reaction from you
  • Swisdom said:

they aren't pointless - they've just cheered me up on a shite day because they provoked this reaction from you

Lol,glad to be of service. Ankle is swelling nicely.
  • I'm 47 and I have never been stung by wasp or a bee . Is that unusual?

Yes I assumed a rugby thread before opening it!
  • Sponsored links:

I prefer their B Team.
  • Hate the poxy things. Pointless. Just been stung 4 times after standing on a nest in a lawn. F##k off. Rant over.

Sitting on a nest in a lawn?

Strange place for a wasp nest
  • The pointy bit is what they sting you with
  • edited July 2016
    shine166 said:

The pointy bit is what they sting you with

Wow, thanks Brian Cox. I thought they stung using their antennas.
  • Each creature to their own and all that but where wasps really start to reduce their credit rating as far as I'm concerned is when they start sticking their two penneth when you are outside trying to eat something or sup on a quiet pint.
    It's not a free picnic, you stripey bastards, bring your own food or beer, stop free loading on mine and getting all irate when I bat you away.
    I had one of them once dying happily in a pint of oranjeboom, and I only noticed him as I put the glass to my lips..
    Still, live and let live eh, the wood gouging freeloaders....
  • Wasps are evil little pointless bastards, they remind me of Katrien.
  • It's moths I can't stand they're the demented cousins of butterflies.
  • edited July 2016
    Talal said:

It's moths I can't stand they're the demented cousins of butterflies.

Yes if they like the light SO much why come out at night? :wink:
  • 3blokes said:

Talal said:

It's moths I can't stand they're the demented cousins of butterflies.

Yes if they like the light SO much why come out at night? :wink:
    Or just fuck off to the moon and leave my lamp alone
  • Sponsored links:

• You need some fiacam D and a decent wasp wand
  • A few useless facts about wasps. In the first part of the summer they catch lots of bugs (GOOD) to feed their young to make them grow fast (BAD). Once the young are fully grown the parents have lots of time on their hands so get a taste for the sweet life and become pests to you and me (DEFINITELY NOT GOOD). The reason the sprays you can get to destroy nests have a 20+ foot jet is, as soon as they think they are being attacked, they send out a message to all of their mates to come and help attack you. A wasp nest has on average 4-5000 wasps. If you attack a wasp nest you do not want to be close by. The last useless fact is wasp nests don't usually get re-used.

I feel better now !
  • Wasps are incredibly good bug catchers. I had a real phobia about bees and wasps when I was young, having been stung by both.

I still keep wasps at arms length literally, but have come round to the idea of bee-keeping as a retirement project. They need all the help they can get.

I would suggest if you want to destroy a wasps nest, do it at night with the correct gear. Come August when the wasps are at their worst you can always set up decoy beer traps to keep them out of your ale.

• Noah could have swatted both the little bastards. He didn't - another reason not to be a Christian...

He was looking the wrong way at the time. He should have smitten the two biggest killers in the animal kingdom, mosquitoes.
  • edited July 2016

shine166 said:

The pointy bit is what they sting you with

Wow, thanks Brian Cox. I thought they stung using their antennas.
    Am lost now? What's this got to do with Astronomy?
  • Outbreak in my son's school this morning. Stung 11 in his class.
  • I was once riding my motorbike really slowly around Lewisham looking for an address, a wasp flew into my open full face helmet and stupidly in my panic I slammed the visor closed.
    Horses and stables and all that.
    The next few minutes were a nightmare as I tried to park, dismount, and fiddle with the straps to get the helmet off. Stung just behind the ear.
  • For some reason they were known as Jaspers in my school?
  • They're stripey c*nts that are just as annoying as the Surrey lot, if there was one species I could choose to make extinct it would be them.