Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Dulwich Hamlet Match Thread

13»

Comments

• SDAddick said:

How far has KAG fallen if we only had three senior strikers going to Austria, one of whom wasn't fit, and he wasn't even taken along? Hanlan and Umerah both look decent players, and I'm not entirely convinced that KAG offers a whole lot more than raw pace, but you would think he'd at least be training with the senior team at this point.

Perhaps he's not in contention as it's clear he needs a loan move away to play regularly? That's about the best I can hope for him.

I never rated KAG as a 1st teamer & it was a disgrace, that he was thrown in more than a year before he was ready, probably 2 years.

I hope he gets back into the mix after his confidence was dented.
    his goal at Cardiff last season, taken as coolly as you like, proved to me that he has a LOT of potential
  • Kap10 said:

Enjoyable game, between my two teams. Thought Charlton were skillful and quick, led by KAG. who I suspect was playng here and not in Austria to emphasise that this is a big season for him to knuckle down and get on with being a player. he got sent back from a loan spell at Cambridge last season due to attitude problems and the previous season JBG indicated this as well.

Looking forward to seeing Hamlet against Rymans opposition where their pace will exploit the donkey centre backs of League 1.

Did not really feel that any of the kids were ready for the 1st team yet, maybe bench warmers. KAG took his goal well and showed good control, however head and shoulders above Norwich's kids who were at Champion Hill last week.

@Kap10 - is it right that Ashley Carrew is likely to move on ? I get to about 5 hamlet matches a season and he's normally the stand out player.
  • SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Playing in last year's kit with the old sponsors still on them

Also noticed that the first team sometimes wears last year's training kit with the old sponsor. Doesn't exactly scream "professional, well-run club."
    When you are tied in with Just Sport this is par for the course. Shame we don't have Macron, Joma or Errea, and control of our own club shop.
  • Kennedy and KAG will feature a lot this season I'm sure.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Kennedy and KAG will feature a lot this season I'm sure.

In which case why weren't they in Austria, when 3 triallists were?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Kennedy and KAG will feature a lot this season I'm sure.

In which case why weren't they in Austria, when 3 triallists were?
    Could only afford a certain amount of Hotel rooms, once Katrien saw them disappearing on Booking.com she had to move quick, I've heard that they couldnt even afford to include breakfast in with the room deal
  • Wasn't Archie Edwards nicked by Chelsea or someone? Seem to remember his name coming up as one of our brightest prospects unless I'm getting confused.
  • jac52 said:

Wasn't Archie Edwards nicked by Chelsea or someone? Seem to remember his name coming up as one of our brightest prospects unless I'm getting confused.

Kasey Palmer was nicked by Chelsea and I believe teams were in for Edwards.
  • Manchester United were the ones after Edwards but think he turned them down