Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Dulwich Hamlet Match Thread

Comments

• 1 nil Charlton at HT, KAG with the goal
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago
    Subs: C Thomas, Assiana, Dijksteel, Yamfam, Agyemang all on at the break... #cafc
  • Beeney, Carter, Yao, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant all give way. #cafc
  • 55' Sub: Yao comes back on for Pattersson, Brown replaces Robinson. #cafc
  • 2 nil, Kennedy
  • Steady on. KM will think these guys can get us out of L1. Maybe, but not in the direction we might hope.

• @CAFCofficial
    63' Sub: Kennedy is replaced by fellow goalscorer Ahearne-Grant. #rollonrolloff #cafc
  • How did Christie Patterson play on trial from Phoenix Sports, been training at the club, very very raw, but maybe worth a punt.
  • ross1 said:

@CAFCofficial
    63' Sub: Kennedy is replaced by fellow goalscorer Ahearne-Grant. #rollonrolloff #cafc

Bit strange that KAG came back on!!
  • I always though he was Polish

That was feckin rubbish, anyway you were thinking of Enamel Petit played for Arsenal. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 18s18 seconds ago
    78' Goal. Hamlet get a goal back. 2-1 #cafc
  • To be or not to be...
  • Um has the game ended now?
  • FT | @DulwichHamletFC 1 CAFC XI 2. #cafc
  • How did KAG play?

I still think he could be a good player for us this season, even as a squad player.
  • So, despite winning, no - one who was there has anything good to say?
  • Thought KAG was a cut above the rest - took the first goal very well, and it settled the team down. Not a bad match, decent run-out for both teams.
  • Did anyone have their bags felt by KM on entry?
  • Sponsored links:

• FORD said:

Did anyone have their bags felt by KM on entry?

Only the left one, the right has never fully descended!

KAG was head and shoulders over anyone, Kennedy and Aribo looked good too.
  • se9addick said:

So, despite winning, no - one who was there has anything good to say?

KAG was head and shoulders over anyone, Kennedy and Aribo looked good too.
    Kennedy seems to score a lot of goals at that level. Think he would really benefit from a six month loan to L2 if possible.
  • SDAddick said:

How far has KAG fallen if we only had three senior strikers going to Austria, one of whom wasn't fit, and he wasn't even taken along? Hanlan and Umerah both look decent players, and I'm not entirely convinced that KAG offers a whole lot more than raw pace, but you would think he'd at least be training with the senior team at this point.

Perhaps he's not in contention as it's clear he needs a loan move away to play regularly? That's about the best I can hope for him.

I never rated KAG as a 1st teamer & it was a disgrace, that he was thrown in more than a year before he was ready, probably 2 years.

I hope he gets back into the mix after his confidence was dented.
    Agree on both counts. When a young British player breaks through, one of the first things I look for is their pace and/or overall physical ability. It seems that athletes in the English game seem to be fast tracked at a ridiculous rate (Micah Richards, Jack Rodwell, James Vaughn, SWP, Theo Walcott to name but a few) and they seem to burn out by their early to mid 20s. I fear that Karlan falls into that category. But I know his rate of goals at U-21 level is very good, and I'm hoping there is more about him.

Lastly, he's only 19, it seems to be au fait now that if a player hasn't made it by 18, they're discarded, which is silly and he should still be given 2-3 years to grow and develop. I suspect that at least this year that will need to be on loan.
  • SDAddick said:

How far has KAG fallen if we only had three senior strikers going to Austria, one of whom wasn't fit, and he wasn't even taken along? Hanlan and Umerah both look decent players, and I'm not entirely convinced that KAG offers a whole lot more than raw pace, but you would think he'd at least be training with the senior team at this point.

Perhaps he's not in contention as it's clear he needs a loan move away to play regularly? That's about the best I can hope for him.

I never rated KAG as a 1st teamer & it was a disgrace, that he was thrown in more than a year before he was ready, probably 2 years.

I hope he gets back into the mix after his confidence was dented.
    Debut as a lone striker away to Bournemouth.

A masterstroke by Peeters.

Nice hotdog stand. They gave me a vegetarian one (just onions) free.
  • Agree with the comments that KAG was a cut above the rest. He's never convinced me for the first team - thought L1 might give him an opportunity, but maybe not if he's not training with the 1st team. Kennedy also looked good, and so did Archie Edwards at LB, although he might need to bulk up a bit - waifish...
  • Thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Champion Hill as well. Effectively my local team now, and been meaning to go for a while. Will definitely go back for a league game this coming season, and also considering the upcoming friendlies against Millwall and Palace (come on you Hamlet!)...

Nice hotdog stand. They gave me a vegetarian one (just onions) free.
    I'm not convinced they know what they're doing. I think the onions were thrown in too early.
  • Enjoyable game, between my two teams. Thought Charlton were skillful and quick, led by KAG. who I suspect was playng here and not in Austria to emphasise that this is a big season for him to knuckle down and get on with being a player. he got sent back from a loan spell at Cambridge last season due to attitude problems and the previous season JBG indicated this as well.

Looking forward to seeing Hamlet against Rymans opposition where their pace will exploit the donkey centre backs of League 1.

Did not really feel that any of the kids were ready for the 1st team yet, maybe bench warmers. KAG took his goal well and showed good control, however head and shoulders above Norwich's kids who were at Champion Hill last week.