Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Slade another puppet?

Seems like he has no say in the departures??
Surely he wouldn't have took the job on if he'd known our best players were going to be sold 3 weeks before the new season?
Unless it's part of his masterplan to reshaping the squad
But I fear that's not the case
He seems very quiet over our departures

Comments

• In terms of the departures its difficult because the club have probably told him that sales will have to be made due to relegation to League One... Slade isn't going to be a mug to think that those sales will come from the likes of Bergdich / Ceballos / Ba etc.

As for being quiet over our departures... What can he say?
  • I wouldn't class him as a puppet in the manner of say Fraeye, but he did agree to work for these fuckers when 5 minutes of research online would've told him to do anything but, so you have to wonder.

However i can't imagine for one second he expected no players to leave. We're newly relegated into league one, it's fairly obvious some players would attract bids and want to leave.
  • I wouldn't class him as a puppet in the manner of say Fraeye, but he did agree to work for these fuckers when 5 minutes of research online would've told him to do anything but, so you have to wonder.

However i can't imagine for one second he expected no players to leave. We're newly relegated into league one, it's fairly obvious some players would attract tiny teeny bids and want to leave.

• edited July 2016
    At the same time you could state that he's not a puppet for our owners... With the hiring of Nugent this is the first proper Management duo we've had Chris Powell and Dyer (i.e. two people who want to work together rather than two randoms being put together)

Now am sure that Russell has had 100% say in Kevin coming in as it cant be coincidence
  • We're all crazee now
  • In terms of the departures its difficult because the club have probably told him that sales will have to be made due to relegation to League One... Slade isn't going to be a mug to think that those sales will come from the likes of Bergdich / Ceballos / Ba etc.

Goodbye is customary
    Why? - Chris Powell didnt come out with anything when we sold Dale Stephens / Yann Kermorgant...
  • The answer will be found in the results.
  • seth plum said:

The answer will be found in the results.

So had Fraeye won matches he wouldnt have been a puppet?
  • Sponsored links:

Goodbye is customary
    sure he has said goodbye, if he has had enough time to remember their name that is ;-))

can't blame any of the outgoing's on him, whether he knew there would be so many is another question
  • Seems like he has no say in the departures??
    Surely he wouldn't have took the job on if he'd known our best players were going to be sold 3 weeks before the new season?

I doubt there are many managers who have the clout to stop owners selling players.

Perhaps someone like Alex Ferguson did at Man U, but I doubt many others.

I think most Charlton fans "knew" JBG & Cousins would go & let's be honest a £1m fee for a goalie that has had half a good season, isn't necessarily bad business.

Tbh, I was expecting Texeira, Bauer, Diarra, Lookman & Watt to go as well, so at the moment I should imagine Slade is quite relieved (they'll probably all be gone by the end of the window, now I've said this).

So no I don't think Slade is a puppet & I don't think we should be suggesting he maybe until something he does suggests otherwise.

Slade has my 100% backing at the moment.
    still think four of that five will go, would have been five if Diarra wasn't injured

• seth plum said:

The answer will be found in the results.

So had Fraeye won matches he wouldnt have been a puppet?
    Fraeye was a puppet who failed. One must hope Slade is a puppet who doesn't fail.
  • Either way he's more of an animated character than a puppet

• Seems like he has no say in the departures??

Tbh, I was expecting Texeira, Bauer, Diarra, Lookman & Watt to go as well, so at the moment I should imagine Slade is quite relieved (they'll probably all be gone by the end of the window, now I've said this).
    Apart from Diarra, i'll be amazed if as many as 2 of the other 4 are here by 1st September.
  • Good to get nugent in but they need decent players to make it work
  • Good to get nugent in but they need decent players to make it work

Don't worry, they're on their way, Duchatelet has cohort or pregnant women lined up. They have all agreed to be scanned and they're all male foetuses, so all bases covered.
  • edited July 2016

Good to get nugent in but they need decent players to make it work

I reckon we've got a good few of the decent players already...

We needed a few more and a Manager who could bring them together as last season it was just a bunch of strangers thrown together, we knew they could play Football because apart from a few, they all showed glimpses last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes of course he is. Look who's been sold.
  • shine166 said:

All these players leaving are too good for is in league 1... Hardly makes him a puppet if they want to go

Comments like this make me laugh. The players that are "too good for league one" are the same players that got us relegated playing a standard of football that belonged in league one.

Anybody that thinks we are going to walk through league one this season if we keep all our "stars" like we did under CP is dreaming.

• Yes of course he is. Look who's been sold.

Slade / Cousins whats the ultimate difference between the two.

The answer is nothing... Both are employed by Charlton Athletic Football Club, both are under Contract so the big decisions will always remain with the big people (Sadly the big people at Charlton don't have a scooby do).
  • Support Slade fully but I do think he will be a puppet. Purely because what sane manager would work for these clown and Ajose and Holmes were wanted by us before he came on board and I reckon Novak may have been aswell. I hope I'm wrong but just hope he has the balls to ask for what is needed rather then be told what he is going to be given.
  • These players who are too good for league one were comprehensively beaten by Colchester United, that ought to make us pause and think for a moment.
  • Personally I suspect he has been conned.
  • edited July 2016
    seth plum said:

These players who are too good for league one were comprehensively beaten by Colchester United, that ought to make us pause and think for a moment.

I seem to recall Colchester winning 7-1 away to Norwich the year Norwich won promotion from division one. Were Norwich also champions ?
  • How about we give Slade a chance support the team after all !!!
  • seth plum said:

These players who are too good for league one were comprehensively beaten by Colchester United, that ought to make us pause and think for a moment.

Players = Too good for League One
    Management = Weren't good enough for the Conference South!!

Managers will struggle if they don't have the right set of players to work with... Players will struggle if they dont have the right sort of Management to work with and believe the latter happened more last season than the former