Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BERGDICH

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
So far he hasn't appeared in any pre-season friendly .. has he gone ? .. anyone know what's up ? .. and YES, I am very aware that a lot on here have nothing but abusive things to say about him.

Comments

• Rumour has it he has not returned and gone awol. Been suggested he will be sacked as a result, making it very easy for the club to out someone on misconduct.

May well be another story that hasn't been rumoured that he has been told not to return, but who knows
  • edited July 2016
    apparently he's on a massive bender (the drinking kind) and hasn't bothered to return for pre season.

edit: just to be clear this is a rumour. one in which was told to me by the same person who claims mark fish collapsed into a glass table pissed whilst he was with us.
  • Rumour has it he has not returned and gone awol. Been suggested he will be sacked as a result, making it very easy for the club to out someone on misconduct.

May well be another story that hasn't been rumoured that he has been told not to return, but who knows

apparently he's on a massive bender (the drinking kind) and hasn't bothered to return for pre season.

thanks chaps .. another one out the door then .. as a gang/opinion of one, I thought he had a few good games for us
  • edited July 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I thought it was mentioned before the Welling match (in the preview thread?) that he wasn't requested to return?

Like @Lincsaddick I thought he had a few decent moments for us and would've liked to have seen him given a run in League One. I genuinely hope he's OK, and although it's piss poor if this rumour is true, I hope he's not having a tough time and this isn't symptomatic of a bigger issue with the lad.

A bigger issue, like having to work for Pinocchio at a basketcase of club that wants to set the match-day pricing so as to drive away its customers? I think I'd be on a massive bender in his position.
  • edited July 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I thought it was mentioned before the Welling match (in the preview thread?) that he wasn't requested to return?

Like @Lincsaddick I thought he had a few decent moments for us and would've liked to have seen him given a run in League One. I genuinely hope he's OK, and although it's piss poor if this rumour is true, I hope he's not having a tough time and this isn't symptomatic of a bigger issue with the lad.

There is quite clearly a lack of stability behind the scenes at the club, when he came in the squad could charitably be described as ragged, the fans are clearly not very happy and I seem to recall he has only very limited English. Whilst I too hope very much the rumour isn't true, sad to say it doesn't seem entirely impossible either. This is the sort of situation no amount of money can make okay, no matter what lifestyle most pro footballers seem to be living.

At least one our bums we have bought will not cost us money when he leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard he was on holiday in Dubai, no biggie.
  • I was told he was advised that he wasn't in Slade's plans and there was no reason for him to return to the club for pre-season.

This decision was taken after discussions with existing coaches and senior pros.

With that in mind I believe we will have to have paid him off.
  • I was told he was advised that he wasn't in Slade's plans and there was no reason for him to return to the club for pre-season.

This decision was taken after discussions with existing coaches and senior pros.

But then all players need to do a pre season. Bergdich won't be attractive to other clubs if he's been lying on the beach for a month instead of doing pre-season, and is thus several weeks behind

But then all players need to do a pre season. Bergdich won't be attractive to other clubs if he's been lying on the beach for a month instead of doing pre-season, and is thus several weeks behind
    If we've paid him off that isn't our problem.
  • Cor, remember the days when the club employed people who identified potential players based on their characters as well as their levels of ability?

Katrien said at a Fans Forum that you don't know what you are going to get when you sign a new player (or words to that effect). Those days you mention are definitely long gone!
  • apparently he's on a massive bender (the drinking kind) and hasn't bothered to return for pre season.

edit: just to be clear this is a rumour. one in which was told to me by the same person who claims mark fish collapsed into a glass table pissed whilst he was with us.

Thought the Mark Fish story, was common knowledge..
  • I just want to see him play right wing one more time. That first half against Preston at home was something that will stay with me forever

I imagine watching it again to the tune of 'dance with my father again'

I think if another club watched his performances last season the lack of pre-season would be the least of their worries
  • There are very few Charlton players with no redeeming features in my eyes but I'm afraid he is one.

Can't put my finger on why. For some reason I never took to him and worse than that actively disliked him which is not my style normally at all.
  • You would have thought Slade would have wanted to have a look at him. He isn't Mike Bassett!
  • Sponsored links:

• apparently he's on a massive bender (the drinking kind) and hasn't bothered to return for pre season.

Thought the Mark Fish story, was common knowledge..
    shows there might be some truth in the bergdich story...
  • LenGlover said:

There are very few Charlton players with no redeeming features in my eyes but I'm afraid he is one.

Can't put my finger on why. For some reason I never took to him and worse than that actively disliked him which is not my style normally at all.

In all honesty he never really seemed either bad enough OR good enough to be worth the effort of actually forming an opinion about. He was just another of the players foisted on the squad by the Benevolent Leader. The only players in recent times I have actually come to dislike as people instead of merely thinking they are crap players are the two Dannies - Mills and Murphy. (Oh yeah, and Scott Parker, but that goes without saying.)
  • Must have some issues, because he didn't play enough for any judgement on his performances. Can anyone say what position was his staple? He mixed some poor performances when the whole side was crap, with decent pace and crosses. At least one assist. Can anyone post his CL match stats?
  • edited July 2016
    If I remember, last December even Karel Fraeye was saying that when the January window opened, Bergdich was going to be made available for transfer or on long loan.

Even our erstwhile tactical genius didn't want him.

• Maybe he just didn't settle in England, that sometimes is the case

Perhaps we stuck him in a bedsit in Thamesmead!
  • Maybe he just didn't settle in England, that sometimes is the case

Perhaps we stuck him in a bedsit in Thamesmead!

Or the Marriott in Bexleyheath?
  • Linton Travel Tavern?
  • thenewbie said:

LenGlover said:

There are very few Charlton players with no redeeming features in my eyes but I'm afraid he is one.

In all honesty he never really seemed either bad enough OR good enough to be worth the effort of actually forming an opinion about. He was just another of the players foisted on the squad by the Benevolent Leader. The only players in recent times I have actually come to dislike as people instead of merely thinking they are crap players are the two Dannies - Mills and Murphy. (Oh yeah, and Scott Parker, but that goes without saying.)
    Ben thatcher was someone I couldn't take to at all .