Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford Away

Comments

• Options

Can get £6 Single there and £6 single back from Paddington.

Just been on the Oxford site, the ground is four miles from the train station.
  • Options

Can get £6 Single there and £6 single back from Paddington.

Just been on the Oxford site, the ground is four miles from the train station.
    yeah see that earlier, must be a decent pub near station and cab/bus it from there.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

I can't take Oxford seriously when their ground only has 3 sides

And it's still better than the Manor Ground, rest assured.
  • Options
    I booked a 6:01 train back. From anyone who's been before, do you think that will be enough time?
  • Options

I booked a 6:01 train back. From anyone who's been before, do you think that will be enough time?

It took me about 15mins and cost £16-£20 for a cab about 20mins before kick off in the cup.

• Options
    Will be tight but provided you get to the bus stop quickly and beat the traffic coming out of the leisure centre thing should just make it, either that or cab it to the ground, pre book, get a mobile and get them to pick you up on the approach road, it is very out of town. 10 times better than the Manor Ground though, the ultimate Subbuteo stadium!
  • Options

http://www.oufc.co.uk/club/visit-us/

But do not worry, we'll be 3-0 down after 75 minutes so you'll be able to leave early enough so it will not be a struggle.
  • Options
    Bit optimistic Elfsborg! Thanks for reminding me of getting stuffed 5-0 there circa 1984...
  • Options
    The last time I saw Charlton play at a 3 sided ground, was when we won at Bournemouth during our promotion season

Bournemouth eh, I wonder what happened to them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to the FA Cup replay in 2014. We were utter garbage, other than that French bloke we used to have up front . I recommend the Chinese buffet in the complex opposite
  • Options
    I might drive to this one. 2,000 free car parking spaces according to their website and an overflow car park as well.
  • Options
    You can use a network card fare from Strood is £26 return
  • Options
    Driving to this one as only 45 minutes from ours and work in Oxford with Oxford supporting colleagues - Banana skin written all over this one
  • Options
    jams said:

Driving to this one as only 45 minutes from ours and work in Oxford with Oxford supporting colleagues - Banana skin written all over this one

Got a good beer written all over this one!
  • Options
    Cheers for your answers everyone......I'm probably going to go for the cab option or maybe look to see if there is still trains coming back for cheap but later,
  • Options

Cheers for your answers everyone......I'm probably going to go for the cab option or maybe look to see if there is still trains coming back for cheap but later,

Great Western Trains or Train Line site.

Go on it quickly as there is a big rush for tickets due to us taking 2000 everywhere next season.
  • Options

Go on it quickly as there is a big rush for tickets due to us taking 2000 everywhere next season.
    Great Western add £3 fee if you book online on Friday mornings though.
  • Options

I just went through East midland as I get small % back from them and they don't charge a booking fee, we have a two together card so it was only £7.80 and booked the 19:30 back so we can watch most if not all of the Arsenal Chelsea game. Cheers for advise lads.
  • Options

We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    No disrespect oxford it's us who have sunk to your fine standard
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

Imagine the reactions on here if we took support like that to a friendly in Spain.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's also a pretty decent 24-hour bus service between Oxford and London Victoria - £18 for a return ticket
  • Options

There's also a pretty decent 24-hour bus service between Oxford and London Victoria - £18 for a return ticket

Is 24 hours the time the coach takes to get to and from Oxford?
  • Options

We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

Imagine the reactions on here if we took support like that to a friendly in Spain.

We did take 15 to Gibraltar!!
  • Options

We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

We did take 15 to Gibraltar!!
    Exactly!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    http://www.theoxfordretreat.com/

This boozer is only a few minutes from the train station.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    http://city.oxfordbus.co.uk/timetables-fares/city5

Blackbird Leys is pretty much the drop off.

This should be favourite for the fans travelling by train.

The return fare states £3.50
  • Options

That looks like a winner to me.
  • Options

That looks like a winner to me.
    Make mine a Heineken, we'll be in there from 11.