Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Away

Can get £6 Single there and £6 single back from Paddington.

Comments

• The only time I've been there was the midweek game a couple of seasons ago - think it was in the JPT ?

As it was mid-week it was a bit of a rush, are there some decent pubs to make it worthwhile getting there early on a Saturday ?
  • Can get £6 Single there and £6 single back from Paddington.

Sky are planning to announce the live matches they are showing in August and September at 4pm today.
  • 3rd September (Scunthorpe) / 8th October (Millwall) / 12th November (Swindon) are the Saturdays in 2016 where there is an International break this season so these will be the main dates when a League One / League Two game will be shown by SKY
  • 3rd September (Scunthorpe) / 8th October (Millwall) / 12th November (Swindon) are the Saturdays in 2016 where there is an International break this season so these will be the main dates when a League One / League Two game will be shown by SKY

I do not think for one moment we will be selected for live showing of the Oxford match.

I am planning to wait till after 4 and book other matches up.
  • edited July 2016
    10.50 am out

18.01 back

7.95 with railcard 12.00 without.

very decent only 59 mins each way.

I do not think for one moment we will be selected for live showing of the Oxford match.

I am planning to wait till after 4 and book other matches up.
    Oxford is Saturday 24th September... That date has already been taken by:

Manchester United v Leicester City @ 12:30 on SKY Sports
    Arsenal v Chelsea @ 5:30pm on BT Sport

No League One game ever gets shown on TV when there are Premier League and Championship fixtures that early in a season
  • Just booked this. Make sure you leave plenty of time after kick off as it's in the middle of nowhere
  • Just booked this. Make sure you leave plenty of time after kick off as it's in the middle of nowhere

Not been before myself, how long would you give?
  • About an hour I think, there's a slow bus back to town - trip similar to Reading/Yeovil I guess
  • About an hour I think, there's a slow bus back to town - trip similar to Reading/Yeovil I guess

cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll probably be going on my motorbike. Any other bikers fancy a group trip?
  • Our game against Scunthorpe has been ignored for TV Coverage

Peterborough v Swindon / Gillingham v Sheff Utd / Northampton v MK Dons have been picked instead

Unless its postponed because of International Duty I'd be shocked if our Millwall game isnt picked
  • My first ever game was against Oxford. We won 4 nil and that was my life fxxxxed for ever . But would never change it .
  • My first ever game was against Oxford. We won 4 nil and that was my life fxxxxed for ever . But would never change it .

You will never beat The Fish.
  • We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    No disrespect oxford it's us who have sunk to your fine standard
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not
  • We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

Mate we're playing Fleetwood and Shrewesbury.
  • se9addick said:

The only time I've been there was the midweek game a couple of seasons ago - think it was in the JPT ?

As it was mid-week it was a bit of a rush, are there some decent pubs to make it worthwhile getting there early on a Saturday ?

Oxford is throbbing with decent boozers, get there early and come back late!

One of the best cities in the country in my opinion.

Not been before myself, how long would you give?
    As markwebb 25 said, a bit of a hike.

They lay on buses from the station(this was the case years ago) to the ground but I think it will be very tight people getting back for an 18.00 train.
  • But the ground is nowhere near the city?
  • ChiAddick said:

But the ground is nowhere near the city?

About three miles away, that is the reason buses are laid on.
  • Sponsored links:

• All booked 10.50 with 19.00 return
  • We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

Relegation / Promotion will always exist EVERY season

We cant live of past seasons of where we were in the Leagues as am sure if you go back far enough Oxford were above Charlton so have the right themselves to moan they're stuck in a League with us!!
  • We're playing Oxford!
    We've sunk that low
    Mouthwatering tie
    Not

im buzzing for this one
  • We played Oxford in the top flight in the 1980s.
  • edited July 2016
    I can't take Oxford seriously when their ground only has 3 sides
  • Rossman92 said:

I can't take Oxford seriously when their ground only has 3 sides

Says the supporter of a team who have a "Fan Sofa"
  • hotel booked .. looking forward to a few days in Morseville